shape
carat
color
clarity

Wedding Dress Opinions! (Pics included)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

booswim542

Shiny_Rock
Sorry about that!

The one I meant to post from Pronovias was Rosana. The embroidery does not go all the way to the top (just like the ones you had tried on) and I think the fit looks to be similar.

It does not have the detail at the bottom though, which is beautiful on the Demetrios....

rockin11

Shiny_Rock
Both are beautiful but I like #2. Whichever one you choose will be beautiful! Congrats!!

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
I prefer the Demetrios.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
#2 is a gorgeous dress and doesn''t look just like all the other ones you see!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/8/2009 9:35:07 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
#2 is a gorgeous dress and doesn''t look just like all the other ones you see!
Ditto.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
I prefer the first one on you, but I''ll be honest, I don''t ADORE either of them - you have a super cute figure and I think you could do better.

xoxo

Shiny_Rock
Hi beachrunner, both dress are lovely but I like the first one, and the second one has that beautiful end of the dress. But overall I love the first one on you.
30.gif

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
I love the design of the second one a bit better, but for some reason the first is more flattering. I think it makes your waiste look smaller than the second. But it''s hard to tell with samples, because the second one might be just as flattering after it''s fitted.

They''re both beautiful though!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
I prefer the second one. While I love the detailing on the top of the first, I don''t think it''s as flattering overall as the Demitrios. Besides, it looks like the Demitrios dress has similar vertical rouching on the bodice as well. I LOVE the pleats along the bottom!

blackbetty

Shiny_Rock
That style, the silhouette looks great. You''ll be a knockout either way. I''m personally partial to #1, but you have to do what''s right for you or face the dreaded dress regret (I know, because I am). Just make sure you feel really beautiful & really confident!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
I adore the second one. The details on the bottom make me swooon

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love the first one on you. I think that the hem is gorgeous on the second however the top just doesn''t seem to be flattering.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/8/2009 11:01:54 PM
Author: AmberGretchen
I prefer the first one on you, but I'll be honest, I don't ADORE either of them - you have a super cute figure and I think you could do better.
Based on the first 2 pics, I have to say #1 looks better. Though I think the bust makes you look larger up top, the waistline is very nice on you.

I've been witholding my comment because I didn't want to sound like a Bi*%#. But, AG said it very nicely. Yes these dresses are beautiful, and the hem on #2 is great, but as far as the overall look, I just don't think they are extremely flattering on your figure, which IS extremely flattering. There is just something about the way that #2 hangs from the bust, it looks like you don't have a waist at all.

Just my .02

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for all your replies! These two dresses aren''t my final two choices, just the first two that looked OK on me! Thank you for being honest.

I do like the fitted mermaid look, and it seems like I need to find something that will give more shape to my waist and bust, or just find a dress that shows them off more
2.gif

Any suggestions for mermaid gowns?
31.gif

ETA: I enjoy the vintage look with lace and beading.

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
I love the top of the first one, but the bottom of the second one! Sorry, I''m no help!

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Both are pretty, but you look awesome in Number Two! And the train is perfect.

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love them both! The first one looks beautiful on you, hangs on your curves like a glove! I love the train of the second one more, and I think I''d prefer this one over the first if it was altered to fit you better. It''s a tad bit loose on you, so it doesn''t frame your figure as nice as the first one. With alterations, I''d choose number 2 in a heartbeat!

galvana

Brilliant_Rock
LOVE the Mori Lee ! LOVE IT!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/8/2009 3:24:00 PM
Author: BeachRunner
Demetrios
The demetrios is one of the first I tried on! It''s gorgeous. Very similar in design to the one I ended up choosing (pronovias nerveo).

On you, I prefer the shape of the Mori Lee - it seems to accentuate the right curves better than the Demetrios!

DMBsGirl

Brilliant_Rock
the demetrios dress is stunning!!!
30.gif

IluvEmeralds

Shiny_Rock
I personally like #1 the best. It really flatters you. However both are beautiful so either choice would be wonderful!! Good luck and let us know what you choose!

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
I like the Mori Lee one myself!!

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Oooh! SO pretty. I LOVE #2/Demetrios. The frill hem is fab and it looks terrific on you!

DMBFiredancer

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/8/2009 3:46:42 PM
Author: Ara Ann
LOL, I love the shape of the second one and think it''s more flattering...the shape is unique and out of the ordinary...the other one is pretty, but the shape of it is more common, IMO...just depends on what kind of look you are going for Beach Runner!
21.gif

I do see the bustline/waist difference though and agree the first one looks better there, but the over all look of the dress is more common...perhaps the second gown would need some alterations under the bust line to be more flattering...but the back is perfect!

i agree! love the shape of the second one!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm with AG -- you're on the right track, but try on a few more dresses. I know it could just be a question of fit, but both of these dresses seem to overwhelm you a bit and they don't look as youthful on you as I suspect you are. I'm a less is more kind of person, and the combination of crystal pleats in the bust area and lace elements on the sheath seems, to me, like too much for your frame. On the plus side, I think that mermaid sillouette (especially the closer fit of the second dress) is made for you!

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
Good Morning ladies! From these two dresses, I''ve figured out that I must have a mermaid cut! I went to my local boutique yesterday and the owner gave me some helpful tips. She said that Demetrios gowns are build heavier and they use more material, which may have given me that odd shape up top. I absolutely love the Pronovias Nerveo, and will be trying it on Saturday. (I hope Musey does not mind! I think she''s the lone Nerveo owner, I think??) Hopefully that will fall on the top right, and still give me that hour glass shape? I may also need a more structured dress to achieve the hourglass shape. Heres a photo of the Nerveo as a stock photo:

Wish me luck on Saturday!

nerveo_pronovias_20081.jpg

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh i love that dress! i hope you love it on too!

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s another I found...It''s an Allure dress

allure8616b.jpg

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
opinions on this?
This is also at the boutique I will be going to on Saturday (hopefully)

allure8616f.jpg

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Based on your figure, you will rock that dress, too! It looks like it could be a contender . . . .

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results