shape
carat
color
clarity

We''re moving in together! I''m moving to DC!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

I''m so EXCITED! I had been really worried about our relationship logistics, but I''m going to be moving in with FI in the DC area after the New Year!

I''m really excited to move there, I have a lot of friends and family in the area, so I know it will be an easy transition... now I just need to focus on job stuff.

I had been here in NC for school, but the situation really just isn''t working out. I probably should have left years ago, but here I am! I think that FI was surprised to hear me say that I was ready to move, since we''ve been debating it for a really long time, but his job is going really well, so I think it''s the best thing for both of us. I''m a bit disappointed to have not accomplished school goals, but there''s time for that later... so, maybe now I can write this book that I''ve been thinking about for a few years! Who knows! Maybe we can even move back to CA!
31.gif

We''ve never lived together for more than 3 months, so it will be interesting, but I''m not worried about the transition. I really would have loved to have move in together closer to when we were getting married, or even after, but I''m really super excited to feel like we are going to be ''starting our lives together''!

This will make EVERYTHING so much easier for the two of us, so it''s a big relief! Now I just have to break the news to my parents...
23.gif
lol

Eek! I''m really happy!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats Trill! I''d be excited too!

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
That''s awesome!! Congrats!!

laughwithme

Brilliant_Rock
Yay! Sometimes the scariest/biggest life changes are the BEST. Super excited for you!
36.gif

Diva0413

Brilliant_Rock
Very happy for you! Congrats!

sonnyjane

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! I packed up and moved from Florida to Washington (state) to live with DH (at that time we were not even engaged, but had talked about marriage). We had been long distance for a year, seeing each other once every two months or so. I didn''t know anybody, didn''t have a job lined up, nothing, but it was STILL the best thing I did (except for marrying him of course lol!).

katamari

Ideal_Rock
What fabulous news, Trill! I am so excited for you. I know you had just started school up again, so hopefully it isn''t too difficult to transition into another program. What an exciting time!

p.s. If you elope in DC, does that mean you get to be married at the Capital? How exciting!

miss_flo

Shiny_Rock
I am super super jealous, DC is one of my favorite cities in the country :) Congratulations on moving back in with FI and enjoying pre-married bliss together. I have to say that I''m really glad we live together before our wedding because it makes planning so much more fun and simple :)

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Congrats!
36.gif
DC is great, as is Baltimore. Enjoy!!!
9.gif

Man, now I''m feeling homesick!
39.gif
3.gif

jaylex

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats, Trill!
36.gif

Mucho "Moving" and "Telling Parents" Dust to you!
2.gif

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Yay, Trill! Congratulations! Living together is so much fun, and it makes life a million times easier if you were long-distance or commuting back and forth all the time. Hope you enjoy it!

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for all the congrats and well wishes! I''m incredibly excited, and FI and I feel really ready for this step. I can''t wait to look at apartments together this weekend... we''ll be looking for OUR new home, which is AMAZING! As some of you mentioned, this is really going to help with wedding planning, and just making our lives simpler in general, from holidays and travelling to... well, basically EVERYthing!

Any move-in tips or advice is greatly appreciated as well. Neither of us have ever lived with a SO, so this is totally new territory for both of us!
30.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results