shape
carat
color
clarity

Vera Wang White - David's Bridal

PavePrincess

Shiny_Rock
So... I'm kind of obsessed. My top dress right now (I've only tried on 2) is Kenneth Pool Joyous, but I've been trying soooo hard to find a more affordable option. I honestly never thought I'd step foot into a David's Bridal (the DB horror stories scare me), but after looking at the pics, who knows, I may get my dress there. I can't believe the dresses are under $1,500! As long as the fabric is decent (the ones I like are tulle), then the bottom 2 may be top contenders.. Soooooo pretty!

app_full_proxy-1.php.jpeg

app_full_proxy.php.jpeg

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Those are stunning, Pave!

David's Bridal has really stepped it up in the past few years. And while you may not get the stellar and amazing service you'll find at private boutiques, they still have some fabulous dresses at affordable prices. I can't imagine Vera would put her name on anything without SOME element of quality to it, so I say try those puppies on as soon as they're released!

(PS: I might be a bit biased. After trying on dresses from Casablanca, Anjolique, and other under $1K designers...I bought my dress from the Galina line at David's Bridal.)

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
Those dresses are very nice!

lulu66

Brilliant_Rock
man, i wonder if DH would agree to getting remarried *just* so i could wear that first dress. i'm dying over here :love: :love:
you MUST post pics if you go try those beauties on!! please, please!! (yes, i'm begging over here)

YSQueen

Rough_Rock
Those 2 dresses are my favorite too!!!

Although I already have my dress, I may go try those dresses on just to see how they look on me.

No worries, I'm not worried about 2nd dress syndrome.

bebe

Ideal_Rock
Love that 2nd dress !!
wow, that's David's Bridal !!

lulu

Ideal_Rock
I love the first dress and I think I love the second dress more!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Amazing! :love:

cheers-Sharon

DearBuddha

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful dresses! I love the gathering and swirls of the tulle, and I think a Swarovski belt would look stunning with either dress. You really can't go wrong. Plus, they're Vera Wang labled, and she isn't going to endorse just any cheaply constructed dress - I'm sure the quality will be just fine! :)

On a side note, my best friend bought her dress from DB and it was stunning! The quality was great and the design was timeless; she looked like a Spanish princess in that dress, especially with the cathedral veil she paired it with. Gorgeous! David's Bridal ihas really done a phenomenal job of pulling themselves from the bowels of the wedding industry; now, I'd give them just as much an opportunity for my business as any other private boutique.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If I were getting married, I would HAVE to try on that first dress.

Sigh, I might have to try it on anyway. :naughty:

GingerP

Rough_Rock
Love #1!

Side note. Why does the model look about 5? She kinda reminds me of Hermione (the main actress in Harry Potter) when she did the very first movie. It's a little gross.

sillyberry

Brilliant_Rock
I CANNOT wait to see pictures of this dress! They're just totally yummy.

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
My concern is that you could end up seeing these dresses on EVERYONE you know! I know that for some people that's not a big deal, but for me I'd hate to order a dress and then get on facebook and see 15 other friends get married in the same one.

Gorgeous dresses though. I can't wait to hear how they are in person.

PavePrincess

Shiny_Rock
OUpeargirl|1296441357|2837867 said:
My concern is that you could end up seeing these dresses on EVERYONE you know! I know that for some people that's not a big deal, but for me I'd hate to order a dress and then get on facebook and see 15 other friends get married in the same one.

Gorgeous dresses though. I can't wait to hear how they are in person.

I'm excited to look at them. I'll probably take one of my bridesmaids to try them on in a month or so.. Not sure if I'll get one, but I'll probably get my veil from them (beautiful cathedral veil for $250).

As far as your concern I 100% agree.. That's one of the reasons why I'm not looking at Maggie Sottero dresses. I'm at an age where everyone I know is getting married or engaged. I know 3 girls who have gotten married in S/M Adorae (so pretty!) so, I can only imagine how many girls would buy a Vera Wang White dress. Bleh, that's the problem with having very "popular" taste.

should i be here

Shiny_Rock
Eeek I'm so glad this line came out - there's no way I want to spend more than $1k on my dress, and I like the style of these. Please post pictures of you in them!

dec2410

Shiny_Rock
i bought the second dress on saturday!! i loveeee it!!! :love: :love: :love:

i'll be using either a gray sash or a crystal embellished one similar to chelsea clinton's!!

DSC01395_0.jpg

Bleed Burnt Orange

Brilliant_Rock
WOW!! Thanks for posting the picture. It's BEAUTIFUL!!! Congrats!

dec2410

Shiny_Rock
thanks ladies - i initially was concerned that everyone would start getting married in these dresses but then i thought, since i'm getting married in may...at least i'll be the first one to get married in it...sooo...everyone else will just be copying my fabulous taste ;)) hahaha.

PavePrincess

Shiny_Rock
It looks great on you! You'll definitely be one of the first to wear it.. Congratulations on finding your dress! :appl: :appl: :appl:

PrincessNatalie

Shiny_Rock
WOW it looks stunning on you! :love: :love: :love:

I am getting one of these dresses too! Either VW351011 or VW351010! I cant decide! Did you try on both?

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
It does look beautiful on you. I have the Vera Wang Diana which is like the Chelsea Clinton dress but with a sweetheart neckline. I was really upset when the White line came out with the design you bought ... I paid so much more for a dress that was essentially the same. I went to David's Bridal to check it out and honestly .. the difference isn't huge. My material is better but not 8x better. Yes, I am a bit bitter!!

On another note, the veils are a great deal. I bought the wrong color Vera Wang veil and didn't want to pay so much again. I got the DB Vera Wang one and it is a good match.

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
yeah, i'd be pretty upset if i'd paid 8 times more for a very similar dress!!

ah well, enjoy what you have!

dec2410

Shiny_Rock
PrincessNatalie said:
WOW it looks stunning on you! :love: :love: :love:

I am getting one of these dresses too! Either VW351011 or VW351010! I cant decide! Did you try on both?

i didn't try on both. i was pretty certain that i wanted a strapless dress, so i didn't bother with the VW351010.

good luck on your dress hunt!! :D

shattrstar

Rough_Rock
im quite in love with dress #2 as well, especially in the blush.. too bad i already have my dress =(

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results