shape
carat
color
clarity

Venues in SoCal? Gatsby/ArtDeco type of theme?

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
I found my dress! I found it initially when I tried on the Jenny Packham Aspen (which I loved in the ads, but not so much on my body).... it is by a local designer in Newport and I absolutely loved it.. but went to try on a lacey antique dress by Pronovias and the La Sposa Fanal.
I decided that even though I liked the shape the Fanal gave me.. it added a lot of bulk to my figure and it felt constricting.

However... I have yet to find a venue and I am having a hard time finding some place that will hold 150-200 people and not cost 80k+ for an art deco/antique feel. So far, I've found the US Grant Hotel in San Diego and Union Station in LA.. any other ideas?

dress_2.jpg

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
I'll check in with my daughter, but there was some sort of "industrial" but not industrial place that was near Los Angeles that she was considering. It was really versatile, but risky in terms of the work involved and the traveling of guests, so we declined. But you could totally turn that place into a wonderful ArtDeco type of theme. I think it's a PITA to have to hire your own caterers, chairs, tables, etc...

ETA: I just saw the number of guests. I don't think that venue that I was thinking about can accomodate that many guests.. :(

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a whole list of locations in LA and surrounding cities of venues that have a vintage-y vibe or great old looking architecture, from my search for a pre-engagement photography venue. I'm not sure if they're "art deco", as I don't know what buildings looked like back then.. Clue me in the what you're looking for?

eh613c

Shiny_Rock
Premium
You should check out the Los Angeles Athletic Club. No need to be a member to use their banquet facility (basically you have the whole floor to yourself). Also, the Biltmore Hotel in Downtown.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results