shape
carat
color
clarity

Veil!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Miya03

Shiny_Rock
My veil came in today--it''s a cathedral length veil with sparkles throughout. I put it on in the store and for the first time I really felt like a bride, even more so than when I tried on my dress.

That said, I ordered a veil without a blusher. My wedding planner mentioned that I might want to add a blusher, that way i can remove the long veil and just wear the blusher for the reception (I''m afraid the long veil will end up getting in the way). She says that without a veil I might just end up looking like a pretty girl in a white dress rather than a bride.

What do you ladies think? Did you wear a short veil for the reception?

Winslet

Shiny_Rock
I didn't wear my veil for the reception and didn't feel any less like a bride than I did at the ceremony. I chose not to wear it all night because I was afraid that it would get caught and ruin my hair while dancing and hugging people. Other women love to wear a veil all night, and I'm sure the bridal salon would love to sell you two veils...

ETA: Your cathedral length veil sounds heavenly on its own, and will be sure to get tons of "WOWs!"

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock
Don''t let the bridal salon sell you into a 2nd veil if it isn''t want YOU want. Personally, I didn''t want to wear a veil of any length for our reception (for the reasons Winslet mentioned), and I had zero regrets on that decision. Instead, I got a flower to tuck into the side of my hair once the veil came off. I got lots of compliments on it, and it was fun to have 2 looks without a lot of effort

Miya03

Shiny_Rock
Thanks ladies!

I should note that it was my wedding planner, not the bridal salon, that suggested two veils. I loooove my bridal salon, and in large part because the girls there are never pushy.

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/15/2009 8:28:10 AM
Author: swedish bean
Ahm, I think that is crazy. Everyone KNOWS a bride from a guest. Brides glow :D
So true! Also, wouldn''t you be the only one wearing white?! In all the weddings I''ve been to I''ve never seen another guest wear white that was gownish so I think you''d be fine with your long veil! Don''t worry about the blusher unless you really want one!

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Crazy talk! I plan to take my veil off halfway through pics, so it certainly won''t be on for the reception. I am pretty sure everyone is going to know that you are the bride!!!
2.gif

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
I had no desire to wear my veil all night, but I got married in July on a 90 degree day, and after doing outdoor pics, my half-up do wasn''t looking as lovely as I would have hoped, so the veil stayed on all night (it was short). I wouldn''t worry about not looking like a bride though!

Ara Ann

Brilliant_Rock
I had a short veil attached to my headpiece, but a long veil on a comb, tucked into my ''updo'' hairstyle for the ceremony...I took the long piece attached to the comb, off at the reception and wore the fingertip length veil. Worked great!

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
I think my mom said something like that to me. I took the suggestion seriously but decided not to wear my veil the whole evening. I took mine off before the cocktail hour. It was windy and my veil started to become annoying. I was the only one that looked like a bride so that didn''t bother me at all. I''m also not a fan of blushers at all. I need to see the whole attire however I don''t agree with your planner.

cleokizzy

Brilliant_Rock
WHERE IS THE PICTURE?!?!? Show it to us NOW!!!!
2.gif

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
wow. I''ve *never* seen a bride leave her veil (or shorter one) on for the reception. Doesn''t mean you couldn''t, but surely means you don''t need to in order to continue feeling or looking like a bride.

Miya03

Shiny_Rock
Thanks so much for all of your advice ladies! I agree I think I will look like a bride without the veil.

Cleokizzy--per your request, here are some pics (they are posted on the La Sposa Fanal thread too)

Dress 3A_1.jpg

marlie

Brilliant_Rock
i love your dress! the long veil looks great with it! you are going to be a beautiful bride!

i think it''ll be pretty obvious that you are the bride regardless of whether or not you have a veil on your head! i''m wearing a long veil too for the ceremony only and then taking it off for the reception and cocktail hour too. i think that after a while i''ll get annoyed with the veil but maybe that''s just me.

maybe get some hair accessories (a flower or a sparkly comb or clip) to jazz up your hair if you are feeling like you won''t be bridal enough.

Miya03

Shiny_Rock
Aww, thanks marlie!!!

I think I''m going to take everyone''s advice and just do whatever I want--probably a flower or some crystals in my hair.

caribqueen

Brilliant_Rock
Miya, the veil on my wishlist sounds much like yours. I plan to order a cathedral length veil with scattered rhinestones at near the edges and I''m opting to go without a blusher. One thing that I''ve heard about and asked my consultant about just yesterday, is possibly bustling it, just as we do for dresses. She says the seamstress could put something up in the area of my head where the bottom half of the veil could hang from there. That is something I''m consdering because it''s so beautiful and I hate to wear something that expensive for only an hour. I''m not sure if my description is a good one, but it''s something you could at least ask about at your next fitting and see what they say. Now that I know that''s possible, as of now, I''d like to wear my veil bustled for the bride/groom entrance at the reception and our first dance.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results