shape
carat
color
clarity

Unsolicited Advice

sba771

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Brides! I just got married and the planning went pretty well. I was also trying to be somewhat conscientious of the spending and long ago I decided I really cared about my photos, but we didn't need to waste money on a videographer. Well my in-laws insisted and I found a popular, yet really well priced one in my area. I just got the preview back and I cannot tell you how grateful I am that we ended up doing it. It makes me so happy and he caught moments the photographer missed and just other wonderful details. I cannot rave about it enough so if you are on the fence even just get the raw footage. It is priceless. My sister-in-law saw the preview and said she regrets not having one since she doesn't remember the whole day and also my grandmother was too sick at the time and missed their wedding and really the pictures don't always do justice. I love my photographer and she was amazing, but the video brings a different perspective, so I just wanted to give my experience and say go for it if you were unsure!

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
I completely understand where you are coming from!

I thought of lots of things that I will miss seeing during the wedding because I'll be elsewhere:

1. Groom getting ready

2. Guests arriving

3. Groom going up the aisle

4. Entire bridal party going up the aisle

5. Large part of the cocktail hour because we will be having photos taken and I'll be changing into second dress

6. Husbands face when he opens his wedding gift

The list goes on and on. Plus not all my family will be able to travel to my wedding.

So I ended up getting not one but two videographers even though I don't like myself on film!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Wedding videography has come such a long way in recent years that I sort of wish I had considered it (geez, coming up on 2 years ago). I've seen so many on YouTube and on videography websites that are fantastic and not tacky or cheesy at all (like I was convinced that wedding videos were). I'm glad you had such a great experience with yours, sba!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results