shape
carat
color
clarity

To be irritated or not....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Missy0483

Brilliant_Rock
FSIL "helped" me by making up labels for the response cards and outer envelopes. I originally asked her because she has nice hand writting but she turned around and typed up labels instead, ugh. Anyway...I got them all back last night and she messed up quite a few. Some were missing stamps, some had misaligned addresses and you could see where the typing on the bottom of the label above ran onto the top of that label so you can see the cutoff, she spelled my friend''s last name wrong, and when putting the invitations in, some of the ribbons got bent inside. She also did not include return labels on the outer envleopes in case some of them are not delivered to the recipient. WHY would you just leave it like this, I don''t get it. It took me 45 mins to go back and check her mistakes, with that much time I could have made up my own labels without any errors. I''m really just venting here because FI asked me why I was staying up so late last night and I told him I had to check everything. He told me not to get upset because she spent a lot of time doing these. She worked on them ONE day! Maybe 2 hours tops. I spent a lot of time on these DIY invites and I think my hard work was just ruined!

ficklefaye

Brilliant_Rock
i''m so sorry to hear this, missy. i would be irritated too, but were you able to correct her mistakes or are some still bothering you? i think FSIL meant well, but probably didn''t put as much effort as you would have since they are yours, or maybe her standards are just different? like i''m a perfectionist but one of my sisters certainly isn''t and wouldn''t mind if something was crooked or smudged

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
****HUGS****

I wrote a really long response but the computer ate it....Don''t be irritated...too much. Just make sure from now on she only helps you with things you know are hard to mess up. Say thank you and try to let it go and go ahead and fix the mistakes since you worked so hard to make sure your invites look good. This is what I would do if it was me. You don''t want to start your relationship with you FSIL on the wrong foot so to speak.

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/29/2009 12:28:22 PM
Author: ficklefaye
i''m so sorry to hear this, missy. i would be irritated too, but were you able to correct her mistakes or are some still bothering you? i think FSIL meant well, but probably didn''t put as much effort as you would have since they are yours, or maybe her standards are just different? like i''m a perfectionist but one of my sisters certainly isn''t and wouldn''t mind if something was crooked or smudged
ditto - i am not a perfectionist so i can understand what ficklefaye is saying.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s fine to be irritated, you put in a lot of work after all, and you want your wedding to be perfect. But I would just let the irritation run it''s course on your own (or with a vent to the fiance), and wouldn''t mention anything to her since she meant well and was trying to help. I just wouldn''t give her any other tasks that required a fine attention to detail.

Missy0483

Brilliant_Rock
I agree...I thanked her and all that good stuff, but did vent to my MOH and mom! I have been trying to overlook things, but this is not one that I''m happy with. She is always so opinionated and picks at things that I wanna do for the wedding, I know if I was the one that messed up the envelopes she''d have some rude words to say! I do have extra envelopes and can retype some new labels so it''s not a huge deal. It''s just taking me 2 or even 3 times as long to get them done. I felt bad because I wasn''t asking my bridesmaids for help and I figured she could handle something like this since she is still home on maternity leave. Now I know not to put things in someone else''s hand without being able to be right there beside them. On a positive note...she did hand write the names on the response card and it looks so pretty, I''ll give her that much!

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/29/2009 12:33:20 PM
Author: MakingTheGrade
It''s fine to be irritated, you put in a lot of work after all, and you want your wedding to be perfect. But I would just let the irritation run it''s course on your own (or with a vent to the fiance), and wouldn''t mention anything to her since she meant well and was trying to help. I just wouldn''t give her any other tasks that required a fine attention to detail.
I agree.

(((hugs))

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
It''s perfectly natural to be irritated. These invitations are like your baby and you feel that they have been mutilated in a way. But you have to remember. It''s YOUR wedding. Your FSIL did you a favor by helping, and of course she doesn''t care as much as you do. Unfortunately that''s the risk you undertake when you give out wedding tasks to other people. I am sorry though, and I''m glad that you have some extra envelopes so that you can fix the errors. And i''m sure that your invites are so beautiful that no one will notice the messy labels.
1.gif

Missy0483

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/29/2009 1:41:23 PM
Author: redfaerythinker
It''s perfectly natural to be irritated. These invitations are like your baby and you feel that they have been mutilated in a way. But you have to remember. It''s YOUR wedding. Your FSIL did you a favor by helping, and of course she doesn''t care as much as you do. Unfortunately that''s the risk you undertake when you give out wedding tasks to other people. I am sorry though, and I''m glad that you have some extra envelopes so that you can fix the errors. And i''m sure that your invites are so beautiful that no one will notice the messy labels.
1.gif
Thank you for your kind words. I''m feeling a lot better about it. It isn''t the end of the world, that''s what I keep telling myself! haha

rhbgirl24

Ideal_Rock
I have almost the same problem. I asked my future MIL to do the addressing of the envelopes also. She has awesome penmanship. However she took almost the whole front of the envelope up with the address and its in messed up calligraphy. Go figure. But I can''t NOT use them.... oh well. Trying to not stress the little things........

Missy0483

Brilliant_Rock
Ooooh well at least I''m not the only one. I think I would have been okay with it if she would have pointed out her own mistakes and appologized instead of finding them on my own. I''m over it.....well almost
3.gif

meresal

Ideal_Rock
I would definitely be irritated... and this is exactly why I never use anyone''s help that has any realtion or friendship with myself or C, especially for something that you care way more about than they do. You can''t get mad if you don''t like what they did. You just have to deal with it.

I''m sorry they didn''t come out the way you liked.

Missy0483

Brilliant_Rock
Well it turned out okay in the end...I spent about 2 hours finishing them last night. I had to print out return address labels for the outer envelope, I''m not sure why she didn''t print any of these out and I''m definitely not going to ask! In the process, a label got stuck in the printer and it makes a weird crumbling noise as it prints now and I can''t see where the label is stuck. That''s a whole other story! So I was able to fix them all myself and they are good to go out for the mail on Monday!
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results