shape
carat
color
clarity

This may be the one...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
----------------
On 12/3/2003 1:38:51 PM Mara wrote:

On the model you can see her tiny buttcheek in the little back picture! That is kind of a hesitation here...
----------------

Funny that! This is not only because of the thickness of the fabric: the cut adds to the effect too so any shiny fabric (even farley thick) will outline the... in this cut. As you see, the décolletage on the back flows freely, so there is nothing to hold the fabric up over the.... which support the back of the dress. More over, the relatively weighty trail does pull the fabric down from it's "support" and does wonders to outline contours. A layer of fabric underneath would probably moderate this effect but not hide it completely since it is a "structural" feature of the dress.

Kay

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 12/3/2003 1:38:51 PM Mara wrote:

>
As for the low neckline etc, I would probably have that pulled up slightly, esp because I am not remotely flat chested like the model. I'd need some more material on those things! I really do love it but a few friends said it looked like LINGERIE. Not exactly the look I am going for, but when I saw this dress online months ago I recall thinking--this would be exactly what I'd want. Simplicity, some sexiness, and clean lines. Hmm.

----------------

It sounds like a little more material up top is a very good idea. The dress is lovely and elegant, but it does look a bit like lingerie. The model in the pic can pull it off without looking too trashy because she is not all that busty. I think the dress as it is would be too revealing on a woman with a larger bust and you might feel a bit over-exposed. While it's nice to be able to flaunt it a bit, you may not want the entire audience staring at your chest (excessively) on your wedding day.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the explanations Valeria...
1.gif

Kay..my thoughts also. After discussing with my MOH I pretty much decided to forgo the RT dress..I do love it but it's just a little too thin for my tastes. Back to the drawing board! Literally.
sad.gif

Lanee

Brilliant_Rock
Okay, I just got wind of this thread so allow me a few posts to catch up-and this first post is kind of unrelated but . . . I can't find an InStyle wedding magazine here to save my life. Every time I go to the grocery store and every grocery store I go to there are none. The last one I have has Megam Mullaly on the cover. I'm going to have to hit a Borders or B&N if you tell me it's got goodies in it for fall. Does it?

And by the way, looking at this dress and envisioning your amendments, it sound phenominal.

Lanee

Brilliant_Rock
Damn, I was just going to tell you how gorgeous I think that RT dress is. However, between the RT dress and your photoshop dress, I prefer your photoshop design. Might I add that between ChooChoo and Valeria, it seems like we have some amazing internet wedding dress shopping/design expertise. Ladies, I hope you're still around when I'm dress shopping.

So Mara, any revelations with the dress? Depending on how familiar you are with your seamstress, you should do some shopping and when you find the dress that is closest to your dream dress, take her with you. For my first wedding, I did this. Not for my dress but my BM dresses. I wanted to make sure she understood the fabric and alterations in design that we wanted.

Lanee

Brilliant_Rock
One last thing, and I'm not sure that this matters to everyone but, my sister was going to waer my 1 carat pendant necklace with her wedding dress but from about 10 feet away it looked like a sparkle on her chest so she bought costume jewelry that was louder (very nice thoughand not too much) and it looks amazing in her wedding pictures. Her sister-in-law did not heed her advice because she too wanted to wear a pendant that had sentimentality and regretted so in her wedding pictures so be sure to take pictures with your intended jewelry and dress on at a fitting at different distances so you know what it will look like in pictures. Now remember that I did say you could see the pendant but, the chain was not at all visible so it looked like a floating sparkle that may or may not matter depending on your wedding album photo style. Since my sister and her SIL had big formal weddings they had lots of group pictures and of course, the larger the group the greater the distance. If I'm not making sense to you let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results