shape
carat
color
clarity

TG's Wedding Pics!!!

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
Hey all! I finally got my pro pics from the photog last week (he was a bit late but he did such a good job, I'll let it slide). :cheeky:

I'll give a recap of the day but if you're not into details, feel free to scroll down for the pics. I won't mind. Really.

Okay, DH and I were married on the third of July in the same town where we met and worked together in Iowa. It's not either of our hometowns, but we liked it for sentimental reasons. Independence Day is my favorite holiday of the year (I love that it's a holiday for being with friends and family, like Christmas, but without the gifts and crappy cold weather. Also, I'm a sucker for a backyard BBQ and fireworks) and I liked how 7/3/10 is kind of like 7 + 3 = 10 (I'm a dork).

We were married at an Arboretum outside. The temp was in the 90's that day but we made sure to have the ceremony in a shaded area. The building where we met (also where he proposed on 7/2/9) just opened a ballroom on the top floor so we thought it would be perfect to have the reception there. I have some minor gripes about the day but I won't really get into them. I became super lazy the last month leading up to the wedding and probably should have been a bit more organized, but oh well. C'est la vie!

Now, on to the pictures!

Since this is PS, I think I should start with a jewelry-themed pic! Opening my wedding present from the hubs. It's a DBTY bracelet from BGD. There are nine diamonds totaling at about 1.00 ct. He did an excellent job!

Admiring my new bracelet:

Waiting to get into my dress in the hotel suite. Reflecting on my last day of checking the "SINGLE" box on paperwork...

Getting zipped up by my MOH. On the phone with DH (still FI then).

119.jpg

125.jpg

128.jpg

142.jpg

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
MOH fastening my shoes:

Having our "first look" at each other:

Taking portrait shots in front of a corn field. We got married in Iowa of course! When in Rome....

The wedding party! MOH has been my bestie since we were six years old (over 22 years!) and I was her MOH at her wedding last year. My two sisters (I'm the dreaded middle child!) were the other BMs. DH had his three brothers as GMs. One of the GM is his identical twin:

147.jpg

151.jpg

005.jpg

018.jpg

Pushin40

Brilliant_Rock
Great so far! MORE MORE MORE!

I LOVE your gown TG!

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
My BMs locked me in a little grain bin for being a bridezilla!

I kinda procrastinated on writing out our vows so I grabbed a notebook before the ceremony and began copying them from my phone!

These were our programs. They were also fans. They came in SOOOO handy on that hot and humid day.

These were the white roses we placed on chairs in memory of our deceased grandparents. I was inspired by Freke. ::)

161.jpg

166.jpg

173.jpg

186.jpg

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
My father walking me down the aisle. Sneaking a glance at Seth (DH).

Getting to DH. I had to jam my veil in the back of my gown b/c it was too windy. Grrrr.

Our mutual good friend is an excellent poet and she wrote a poem about us called "Agreement." DH and I met while working in sales together (he was my boss!) so the poem has a lot of "contractual" puns and such. It was beautiful and so "us."

The view of the whole shebang. I LOVE willow trees. They're my absolute favorite so to be married in a grove of them was awesome!

196.jpg

199.jpg

203.jpg

223.jpg

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
Exchanging rings:

We didn't do a unity candle or the colored sand. Instead we rang a "truce bell."

Our smooch to seal the deal!

Walking back up the aisle together. We are married!

224.jpg

225.jpg

228.jpg

232.jpg

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
Are these too big?!? Sorry if they are! I'm too lazy to resize.

Here are our favors. They were Vosges Haut Chocolat mini chocolate bacon bars. The back of the tag said "Chocolate & Bacon: Two of our favorite things from two of your favorite people!"

Our cake! Each tier was a different flavor. It was scrumptious!

Tall centerpiece:

Short centerpiece:

241.jpg

243.jpg

245.jpg

265.jpg

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
Bridesmaid Bouquet. White roses and tulips wrapped in plum ribbon. Our colors were dark purple and gunmetal gray.

A picture of the ballroom where the reception was held.

Sushi! I made a beeline for this when we got to the reception.

My FIL made a cardbox for us. It had room for four 8X10 pics and it was on a lazy susan so it spun around. Ignore my stupid face!

268.jpg

266.jpg

250.jpg

273.jpg

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
Being introduced to the reception.

Cutting the cake!

Smooching at the head table

My MOH giving a lovely speech.

278.jpg

281.jpg

306.jpg

310.jpg

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
Here are some pics we snuck away from the reception to take outside by the river.

055.jpg

060.jpg

063.jpg

045.jpg

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
I'm probably interrupting, but wow, what lovely pics!!!!!!!!!!!!! Simply gorgeous!!!

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
Our photog had us walk down a bridge. Some drunk lady stopped to ask if we were a real bride and groom. We had lots of people pointing at us and clapping.

PDA on the bridge. Love the juxtaposition of this one.

This the look DH always gives me when he says "I'm judging you." The building where the reception was held (and where we met) is in the background.

In front of the building where we met.

065.jpg

071.jpg

077.jpg

076.jpg

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
There was this awesome mural of a farm (have I mentioned we were in IOWA?!?) on a building downtown so we took some pics in front of it.

Getting loved up.

Me

And because this is PriceScope.... our new accoutrement (wedding bands by BGD):

079.jpg

085.jpg

096.jpg

410.jpg

nicoleben

Shiny_Rock
Your absolutely stunning!! Your special day was just perfect :)) Congrats!! :))

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
First Dance (Fly Me to the Moon)

Dancing with my father:

One of the perks of getting married on July 4th weekend is FIREWORKS! Our reception had a fantastic view of them and our photog managed to get some great shots of us while they were going off.

Last one! Another one of us during fireworks:

330.jpg

332.jpg

111.jpg

115.jpg

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
Whew! Thanks for looking! I apologize if any of them are just really freaking huge on your screens!

TooPatient

Ideal_Rock
Premium
T-gal !!!!
You are so beautiful! Your wedding is just :love: :love:

Congratulations!

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous. Simply gorgeous! And I LOVE the "I'm judging you" picture! :D

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
yay TG!!!! been waiting for these - you look so beautiful and i love the pics! i particularly love the artsy ones with you in front of the mural - the colors in those are fantastic! post more :appl:

missydebby

Brilliant_Rock
wonderfulssssss!!!! :love: :love: :love:

You two, may I humbly say, are what we call in the business, "lookers" .

In other words... can you guys get more beautiful?!?!

Congrats and may you two have a long and joyful life together :D

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
fiery said:
I know I'm interrupting but TG you are gorgeous!! Holy Moly. :love:
And I love your cake.

Thanks fiery! I'm blushing! I have to admit, I stole the cake inspiration from The Knot.

princessplease said:
I'm probably interrupting, but wow, what lovely pics!!!!!!!!!!!!! Simply gorgeous!!!

Thanks PP!!! Can't wait to see your pro pics!

TooPatient said:
T-gal !!!!
You are so beautiful! Your wedding is just :love: :love:
Congratulations!

Thank you!! I was so happy to get the pics back. I think I've looked at them about 500 times. DH says "every time I look at you, you're sitting at the computer with a grin on your face! Are you looking at the pics again!?!" hehe. Yup. Guilty.

vc10um said:
Gorgeous. Simply gorgeous! And I LOVE the "I'm judging you" picture! :D

Haha. I get that face more than I'd like to admit! I'm pretty sure some of our epics have that look too.

missydebby said:
wonderfulssssss!!!! :love: :love: :love:

You two, may I humbly say, are what we call in the business, "lookers" .

In other words... can you guys get more beautiful?!?!

Congrats and may you two have a long and joyful life together :D

Thank you so much missydebby! I'm so flattered!

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
violet3 said:
yay TG!!!! been waiting for these - you look so beautiful and i love the pics! i particularly love the artsy ones with you in front of the mural - the colors in those are fantastic! post more :appl:

Thanks violet!!! I may post a few more later....

lulu66

Brilliant_Rock
omg :-o :-o :-o :-o tg, you were such a beautiful bride!!! and your dh is so handsome. your ceremony site was breathtaking & your centerpieces. really...i could just keep going on & on. so lovely!

jaylex

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats, TG! You and your hubs are a gorgeous couple!
And I <3 the firework pics! They look like they are straight out of a magazine. You had a terrific photog!
(As if you didn't know lol)

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh wow! This Indiana girl just melted looking at the pics of you guys with the corn, the barn mural, everything midwestern...so sweet and familiar to me--with two GORGEOUS subjects!!! Your photographer did a fantastic job capturing the day, I'm so impressed! ETA: And I love the ceremony shots with the beautiful weeping willow trees! And coincidentally my favorite holiday is also Independence Day for all of the reasons you listed too! Love, love, love everything about your wedding!!!

Many congrats again to you and your husband. :appl:

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
Absolutely gorgeous pictures, TG! Congratulations on your marriage, looks like you had a marvelous day! :bigsmile:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results