shape
carat
color
clarity

Tell me your cold feet stories please

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

katomm

Shiny_Rock
Not sure if what I''m feeling is cold feet or hormones since AF is here. Just want to hear of maybe some not so happy moments and thought so I think I''m not nuts.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Of course it''s normal to question and worry - you''re making a big change in your life. If you didn''t question it, some may question your readiness to take such a big step
3.gif

Life is not a fairytale, and neither is your relationship. It''s okay to not live up to the movies.

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
When is your wedding? I didn''t see your name on the BIW list? I honestly don''t have a story for you however we all have our moments.
emwink.gif

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
I usually get mine when I get those reminders from the Knot and I realise how little we have planned and we are running out of time.

Your not nuts :D

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
The book Emotionally Engaged is the best book for helping with cold feet and is in my opinion a must read for all brides. Check it out... it made me feel so much better about life.

katomm

Shiny_Rock
Thank you for the book suggestion, I''ve been reading other books recently that may be sparing the cold feet.

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
I had a panic attack the morning of my wedding. DH is actually the one who calmed me down--we took a little walk, talked about it and I felt completely at peace.

I think we all have moments where we wonder what in the hell we''re doing...not that those stop after the wedding
2.gif

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/12/2009 7:21:17 PM
Author:katomm
Not sure if what I''m feeling is cold feet or hormones since AF is here. Just want to hear of maybe some not so happy moments and thought so I think I''m not nuts.
Apologies if this is more direct than you were looking for, but I really wonder...maybe you guys are moving a bit fast? There''s no reason why you *have* to be married by this Thanksgiving, is there? Especially since it''s been less than two months since the incident that caused you to say in LIW that you weren''t sure he should even be your boyfriend at all. Why not slow things down a bit, hon?

Apologies if you don''t want to talk about that, but it feels like a big ol'' elephant in the room to me. I guess my point is just that there''s no shame at all in taking whatever time you need if you aren''t quite ready yet; it doesn''t have to all be on his timetable.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/13/2009 1:31:09 PM
Author: gwendolyn

Date: 9/12/2009 7:21:17 PM
Author:katomm
Apologies if this is more direct than you were looking for, but I really wonder...maybe you guys are moving a bit fast? There''s no reason why you *have* to be married by this Thanksgiving, is there? Especially since it''s been less than two months since the incident that caused you to say in LIW that you weren''t sure he should even be your boyfriend at all. Why not slow things down a bit, hon?

Apologies if you don''t want to talk about that, but it feels like a big ol'' elephant in the room to me. I guess my point is just that there''s no shame at all in taking whatever time you need if you aren''t quite ready yet; it doesn''t have to all be on his timetable.
I have to second qwendolyn...I''m not sure what the rush is all about.

katomm

Shiny_Rock
I''m totally OK with directness and appreciate the concern. There is actually a couple of reasons we''re going to get married before the end of the year, can''t discuss them on the boards though. Main reason though is we''d love to start off 2010 being married.

Honestly, I think it''s hormones at this point. Saw a very sad movie with my mom and she''s been down lately so I think it all just got to me at once. Although me getting married is a happy occassion, for my mom it''s a reminder that she''ll never be able to see my brother get married so this is her one shot (my bro died in 2007).

Thanks ladies!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results