shape
carat
color
clarity

strapless, A-line dress?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Hey ladies! I have been browsing wedding dress websites for a few weeks, but still haven''t seen the dress I''m picturing..I figured I''d ask and see if anyone had seen something similar to what I''m describing - it''s simple and I''ve seen it before...

-strapless (or spaghetti straps)
-lower waist (not empire waist)
-A-line skirt that falls relatively flat to the ground
-no train
-for around 500 dollars hopefully :)

I''m short, so whatever I find will have to be hemmed a ton anyway, I am just trying to find something that is not poofy, because I''ll look ilke a little kid!

Thanks for any help!

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock

snow_happy

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s an Ann Taylor one:

Jcrew one:
65597_NA6434_SU06_m.jpg

I don''t think either of these has a low waist but I''m a short person (around 5'' or 5''1 on a good day) and I''ve found empire waists make me look taller. YOu might also want to try Watters dresses or look on sites for bridesmaids dresses for a plainer look. :)

Good luck!

snow_happy

Brilliant_Rock
Depending if you want a heavy look or lighter look you might also want to check nicole miller. Most of their dresses are reasonable and look fabulous!

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
check out Alfred Angelo
My dress is similar to the second JCrew one, but has a bit of embroidery on the bodice. And it was $215 (with a $100 off coupon from a Bridal Show)

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
I''d suggest Alfred Angelo, also, especially the Destiny Collection. They have a couple that sound like what you''re looking for. Also, I''ve found a lot of dresses by looking up "informal" or "destination" gown.

selflove

Brilliant_Rock
It actually sounds like a good descrption of mine, although it did have a sweep train, which is about as small of a train as you''ll find unless you get a white/ivory BM dress. It''s from David''s Bridal, less than $500, and it also comes in ivory with champagne trim.

dress LA Wedding--Professional 078.jpg

sydneycasandra

Shiny_Rock
Here''s a link to a thread I posted in April https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/white-house-black-market-dresses.43762/=

This is about the White house/black market line of bridal gowns and includes pictures of all 4 styles they currently offer. There is a long white strapless dress offered w/o a very full skirt; not sure if the waist is what you want, but the dress is less than $200. I ended up wearing the Savannah (#2) gown for my wedding and was very, very pleased with it (and got lots of compliments.) The quality was nice enough (not FABULOUS but defintiely not shoddy in any way) and I hope to have it made into a cocktail dress. I had also purchased the halter dress (#1) and liked it too but preferred the Savannah. Either one would''ve made a great informal dress.

Good luck!

aliciarose

Rough_Rock
Hi!
I''m not sure if you''re still looking, but I''m seriously considering becoming a two-dress bride and have a size 12 strapless Anjolique gown that is brand new, never worn, that''d I''d be willing to sell to you for 400. It also comes with a "shawl", that is actually a gigantic piece of fabric that I was going to turn into a veil. It''s the type of fabric that veils are made out of, and has beading and embroidery that matches that of the dress, as well as being dyed to match. Here''s a link to the Anjolique page.

http://www.anjolique.com/collection.aspx?SelImage=1&Page=24&Fav=&New=

It should be the first dress that pops up, but if not, it''s style number 602. You can see the shawl in the back view. Also, it has thin beaded straps that can be removed. I ordered it in Ivory and it''s almost a blush rum color. It''s very beautiful, but I decided that I''d like something more simple. It has an a line shilouette that can be made a bit bigger with an underskirt addition.

It does have a small train, but could be easily bustled during the ceremony if you don''t want it to be dragging behind you. The beading on the train will look amazing bustled.

The size runs more like a normal 10. I''m a size 6 in body, and 8 in the chest area, so I orded up to be safe.

If you''re at all interested, please let me know and I"ll send you some pictures of the actual dress. It really is beautiful, and I''d be so happy to see you feel beautiful in it!

Good luck!
Alicia

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results