shape
carat
color
clarity

Stamps for invitations?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Jena17

Shiny_Rock
So, I just got my invitations and I weighed them and it is $.78 instead of $.61 like I had hoped for! Now what? They don''t have a $.78 cent stamp so what do I do cause they don''t have a $.17 stamp to add on to the $.61 cent one! Any ideas?

Morgie44

Brilliant_Rock
I think ours came out to 78 cents too, and the lady tried to convince us to buy the 61 cent stamp and 2 super ugly 10 cent stamps. Instead, we got These. It came out to be a few cents more expensive, but I liked them better than any other options... There is a larger selection of 42 cent stamps than there is of 44, since they were out for awhile. We bought them online and they came really fast.

Jena17

Shiny_Rock
Morgie, Thanks, but the link didn''t work. I am probably going to just go with 2 - .42 cent stamps it will be a total of $9 more... The only other option is a cute wedding cake .61 cent stamp with a .17 cent ugly Ram stamp!

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
You could try mailing one to yourself with just the .61 stamp to see if it goes through. I remember meresal had a thread about the weights...she said that they rarely weigh it anyway? Something like that.

jerseygrl

Rough_Rock
DO NOT TRY TO MAIL WITH WRONG POSTAGE!!!
I have been to the post office 4 times so far with batches of invites. I went to 3 different post offices and EACH TIME they weighed them and wouldn''t let me leave until they knew the postage was correct.

Aren''t there "make your own stamps" online? I don''t know how much extra it is... thankfully mine were 1.8 ounces= 61 cent stamps

They actually do have 78 cent stamps at USPS.com but they have some random woman Mary Lasker "philanthropist" on them... usually the post office can get whatever stamps you want in for you. personally, i would just use 2 of the ring 44 cent stamps or 2 of the 42 cent hearts, etc

ficklefaye

Brilliant_Rock
luckily mine came out to 61 cents as well, but a woman who was mailing hers out at the post office the same time as me used two 44 cent wedding ring stamps, or don''t they have those personalized stamps these days? i''m not sure how personalized they can get in terms of postage amount

charbie

Ideal_Rock
mine were $.88 and i got them personalized with a photo. they are more expensive, but i LOVED them, i put pictures of my dogs on them. they came very quickly, and turned out WONDERFUL.

go to stamps.com to make them.

otherwise, you can come up with some pretty creative stamp combos, and it may look unique to have a few stamps!

Rachie

Shiny_Rock
Date: 8/19/2009 4:12:27 PM
Author: sunnyd
You could try mailing one to yourself with just the .61 stamp to see if it goes through. I remember meresal had a thread about the weights...she said that they rarely weigh it anyway? Something like that.

I would also try mailing yourself or your parents one with the .61 stamp. I had mine weighed at the post office and they came up with some weird amount b/c of a small bump that the ribbon wrap made. I mailed one to my mom with a .44 stamp and it arrived just fine. I sent them all out with .44 stamps and it worked out great! If you go with two .44 stamps, these are cute when used together. Good luck!
1.gif

Jena17

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for all the advice! I do love the ones that you can personalize, but I don''t want to spend the extra money on a stamp that noone will pay attention to. But I also don''t want some ugly ram on my wedding invites either. I went into the post office and I decided on buying the $.61 cent stamp and then they are going to meter the $.17 cents for me!!! I think that will look alright.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results