shape
carat
color
clarity

Sparkalicious!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
First off.. WOW I cant believe they didnt give you a discount.. why did blissful get a 50% discount and not you! No fair!! Thats ridiculous!

That stinks they want so much down.. thats crazy... I dont even want to think about how much that dress is.. LOL.. probably almost my entire budget... hahaha

Sorry I was trying to put my "book" together and get a list of what I need my DOC todo so I can try to book one soon so i have that crossed off my list and I dont need to worry about it.. I am kind of starting to make a timeline (althought its still in my head at the moment) of when I am going to finishing DIY projects and when I am going to book certain things.. Like we are going to wait till the summer to book the caterer and stuff because we want some fun stuff to do later and not have it all done now ya know? and we are going to get his suit over the summer.. which will be a pain in the butt because he is soo picky and i want him to look super sexy :) But we are definitely dong light grey suit...

I am meeting with a DOC tomorrow morning and I have emailed 2 or 3 more.. so hopefully we will see what they say.. they are the 3 most recommended DOCs on my local knot message board..keep your fingers crossed! :)

SO I found this fur wrap on ebay.. and I think I am going to get it.. maybe even if its just for photos.. but hey it might be cold here in february.. its been crazy cold her lately! I emailed a girl who bought it on the knot asking her how she liked it and what not.. I mean its only like $35 with shipping so if anything it could be used for a halloween costume or something lol

What do you think about doing black fabric to drape instead of the white?? I am starting to think it will look better and not stand out so much ya know.. be like HELLO I just draped white fabric up there.. and someone mentioned it would be cool is I did a darker color because with the way the ceiling lights are itd look like the sky... plus I have someone on projectwedding who says they will buy it after my wedding for theirs... so then I''d atleast get some of the money back...

bbfurwrap.jpg

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
Im also going to do 2 of these but probably with purple fabric for my photobooth area ya know.. one for the background of it and one for the side to kinda make it like a booth.. do you think it will look cool? I would make the side facing inside the booth plain and then the outside part I was going to cover it in pics of me and FI for people to look at while they are waiting.. Im also going to collect funny props...probably after halloween next year or something..

mwd104142_fal08_screen_xl.jpg

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Yep - Pretty discouraging but no guarantees, right? It''s all about your luck, I guess. Oh well.
39.gif

I''m glad that you are getting a DOC. Should be quite helpful to you! Make sure not to let selecting your caterer stay for too long because as with everything else they book up pretty quickly!! Pls keep me updated on your hunt for the DOC.

I love that fur wrap! What a great look! I think that you are right. Do it. Get it even if only for the pics!!

Like the idea of the dark draping ... especially since you will be having candlelight. Great effect!

Sorry for the lame responses but I have something pretty big going on that is making me a nervous wreck. I don''t feel up to talking about it yet b/c it''s so traumatic to me but I wanted to see what you were up to and to ask you for some more dust and prayers b/c I really need them.

Not sure if you read the immigration update stuff but I did receive my "NEW" birth certificate today so I should be able to send everything off shortly!! This is one bit of good news amongst the sea of bad news.
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/27/2009 1:24:31 AM
Author: blondebunny
Im also going to do 2 of these but probably with purple fabric for my photobooth area ya know.. one for the background of it and one for the side to kinda make it like a booth.. do you think it will look cool? I would make the side facing inside the booth plain and then the outside part I was going to cover it in pics of me and FI for people to look at while they are waiting.. Im also going to collect funny props...probably after halloween next year or something..
That will look AMAZING! I love that idea! You are just full of them!! I love, love, love it!!!!!! I''m sure that your photographer will be stoked as well. Creativity like that doesn''t come by everyday!!

Props are great too ... really get people into the mood to have fun when taking their photobooth shots!

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Okay ... so, I''ve been sulking so I haven''t been around much lately. I have, however, been thinking of you and hoping that you are recovering and feeling better after your accident. I''m sure that despite any injuries you are still full steam ahead with your planning. You''re such a trooper.

With regards to me - -----> Ugh! is me. I''ve had a really rough couple of weeks. I still don''t feel up to talking about it yet but you''ll understand why I''ve been such a bummer when I can finally talk about it.

With regards to the dress search ... I''m pretty much certain that the Lazaro is out of my price range. com.plete.ly I was trying to make it happen for a while but it really is just too much and much more so given that it''s only for a day and I don''t have disposable income.

I''ve found two more dresses that might be *the* one and would really appreciate ANY feedback as I must make a decision soon.

Which do you prefer and why? I know that you likely understand but they both do look much, much better in person, however, given that you know what I''ve been looking for and that the feel of my wedding is formal/glamorous etc ... which is the better "Fit"?? One is more than double the price of the other and I''m struggling with that as well but I''m just trying to figure out which one I like best.

What do you think??? All input is welcome.

Also - Please do check in BB and let me know how you are doing.

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Dress 1

Full front - Color would be Ivory not Silver

msyfullfront.jpg

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Front detail
The beading on neckline continues onto the back ... you''ll be able to see a little when I show you the back shot

Also - really neat - it has a corseted back but it is covered with a zip - Yay - LOVE that b/c you get the support/shape of a corset but not all the lacing up at the back b/c I personally don''t love that look on me.

msyfrontdetail.jpg

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
This is the back - Although simple, it has a gorgeous train with a bubble hem. So fun!
See the little beadwork on the back neckline?

msyback.jpg

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Final pic of Dress 1 - Bubble hem on the train. Too cute.

msybubblehem.jpg

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Dress 2

I love this dress as well. This one, in particular, looks really so much better in person.

dropbubblesidefront.jpg

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Pic of front and back

Neat - It has a side zip.

I don''t want to influence you either way b/c I like both of them (except for the price diff) so I''m just looking for honest opinions.

If it helps - I''m only about 5''4 1/2 and I''m really curvy - bust proportionate to hips with smaller waist but I''m also on the larger end of the size spectrum ... definitely not a size 6.

Moreviewsbubblefrontandback.jpg

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
we must be thinking about each other at the same time.. because I was like.. I need to go on PS and update sparkalicious! hahaha and then I didnt even look at the BWW I went to my name to search for this thread and I saw your post and thought I had missed something and realized you just posted!! so weird! I have been thinking about you and have been searching for a look-a-like for you! :)

I think you are still in the midst of posting pics so Ill wait till you finish to tell you what i like ;-) I also have an idea about the lazaro.. it might not *be* the lazaro but maybe a really close replica :)

I have been soo BLAHH lately.. i really think something is wrong with me.. I have the WORST headaches.. I got a ct scan on friday... Im kinda torn.. I hope they dont find anything because that would be awful but at the same time I wish they would so my headaches would stop... and nothing helps them.. they prescribed stuff.. but it doesnt work that well :( I have been feeling so blah lately.. I havent posted really at all on PS :( I also have been having to deal with ALL of the car insurance crap.. which is no fun.. all those STUPID phone calls and crap just CONSUMES my entire day! I hate it! Oh well hopefully I get my car back on Tuesday! I should find something out about my scan on Monday or Tuesday so keep your fingers crossed we get some kind of good news.. I was freaken out.. what if something was wrong and i lose my hair or I dunno LOL...silly me I know.. but its the worry wort in me! :)

So.. I got that other bracelet I ordered off of ebay and OMFG its GORGEOUS in person! I was like oh man... and then opened it and was SHOCKED....seriously SHOCKED! Ill post a pic for you soon...

I also found uplights for $12.50 each and ordered 16 LOL :) I couldnt pass up such good deal and I can sell them or whatever after the wedding.. so it was a good deal!

We had problems with the DJ friend.. go figure LOL.. he didnt call FI back.. and then FI finally got a hold of him like a week and a half later and was explaining the music they play to get people to dance and we were like.. ummm NO thanks LOL.. so THEN i had to find a DJ.. and well I got lucky and got an AMAZING deal on one that is going to kick @$$!! We met with him today and were like this dude is cool! hahaha and was running a special so it was even better.. we were SHOCKED!

FI''s mom is driving us CRAZY! seriously crazy... that will be a WHOLE other post though.. I seriously need to vent about her before I go crazy.. LOL.. its just getting worse everytime we are around her...

Oh I also did one of my table numbers this week.. Ill have to post a pic of that too for you.. I think it looks cool...

Oh and I got lucky about my car kind.. I had some dents to my front fender and asked them if they could fix it while they were fixing my back and had the paint and they said they would call me to tell me how much and they said $340 so I told them to go ahead...not too bad because I thought it was going to be like $500 and then today I got a check in the mail for the "loss of my car for the time its being repaired" and it was $210.. so needless to say im getting my whole entire car fixed for $130... lol its going to be almost brandnew again... how exciting right? LOL Just sucks to be without a car... me and FI are getting irritated... we just didnt want to waste the money on a rental ya know?

Oh and I have to work and have a test on thursday.. so I dont know how much Ill on here this week..Ill probably still pop in to talk to you though! I have 2 rough weeks of school... this coming week and next with tests and stuff... so if I dont respond ASAP its because I am studying :) gotta get those A''s!!

bbotherbracelet1.jpg

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
sorry for bad pics... iphone :) it REALLY sparkles!

bbotherbracelet2.jpg

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
I think both are pretty... BUT I think 1 is really pretty in the white silver.. I dont know If itd look as good in ivory... hmmmm

BUT I know 2 is a Jim Hjlem?? and i think its fabulous :) But i know its the more expensive and I think you like it better :) I think the more fitted dresses like that look awesome on curvy girls :)

I really do love number 2 alot... What is your budget if you dont mind me asking?? Maybe I can scour the internet searching for dresses for you :) When do you need your dress by? What is the latest you can get it???

I wish I had my dress in so I could give you a positive review on Julius Bridal... How far are you from NYC?? They have a showroom there and you could see in person if you had any time or were close?? They make a replica of your Lazaro.. and Im sure if you begged... and I begged with you they could make it identical :) or that number 2 is pretty freaken fabulous too... I think they might even have a dress like that... But I agree... I dont have any disposable income either and I would kill myself to spend so much $$ on a dress for one day... I would have buyers remorse for FOREVER! Have you searched all the pre-owned sites for the dress??? Im sure you did... but we could keep looking :)

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
ok now I am totally rethining my dress because I love the Jim Hjelm that much :) seriously... WOW.. i cant stop staring at it! :)
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
I also really love it in the ivory color.. I think you will look beautiful in it with your dark hair and complexion... Ok settled... number 2!!

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
ok what is the style number I cant find it!

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
Oh I also forgot to mention that I decided on a new invitation thingy but still with the fabric... As soon as I make a mockup I wlll post... but not until next week probably... but I will tell you it involves some bling going on :)

Oh and I bought that fur wrap... I hope its what I want.. I have been going back and forth in between the wrap and a bolero type fur thing... i might still buy a wrap too..

I also must say my hair is growing at lighting speed... I should post a pic of how much its grown.. and its still BROWN! I still miss my blonde sometimes though.. I also sometimes still think I am a blonde and then remember im not.. LOL..

OH OH OH I forgot to tell you.. I was on the search for an ice sculpture for FI and I got quoted $750 and then $250 for delivery... $1000 for a piece of freaken WATER! LOL what the hell! Well I finaly decided to call somewhere else because they cant be THAT much.. and got quoted $400 for it AND delivery AND a light box to make it glow!!! SO I am going to order it next month for a surprise for FI! I was sooo happy! Its going to more of a martini type luge thing with our monogram... soo excited!

What do you think of this idea.... feather boas to put on the chairs with a placecard tied to it?? Does that sound too tacky?? I think it would be really fun??? You can be honest lol Ive been on the fence for a while... :)

I also bought some Betsey Johnson earrings from macys.. they are just the studs but I have been wanting them FOREVER and since I wore red they were 20% off... BUT i bought 2 pairs because I couldnt decide which I liked better... Ill have to take a pic tomorrow.. I think I might keep one for everyday and one for the wedding.. that was my main plan :)

Ok well bed time for me.. we have a bridal show to go to tomorrow! :)

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
YOWSERS! That bracelet is fanfreakintastic! I love it! It is going to go PERFECTLY with your dress. You did an amazing job getting that one ... Just beautiful! I''m so happy that you love it. It really is stunning.

My goodness that is so weird! Great minds do think alike, don''t they???!! You''ve been on my mind and I''ve been lurking and checking to make sure that you haven''t updated me but I''ve been so blech
14.gif
that I haven''t wanted to bore you with my drivel. Today I figured that enough was enough and I owed you an update especially since I''m driving myself crazy with this dress nonsense especially when there truly are more pressing issues at hand. So lame.

Searching for a look-a-like - BB! You''re such a doll!
36.gif
What have you found??!!! How exciting?! I can''t wait to see what you''ve dug up.
I found one kinda sorta similar as well ... It''s by Watters Wtoo line Brigitte. I''ll post some pics for you in a sec but the beadwork/embroidery work is nowhere near as fine as the Lazaro but the shape is really similar.
What do you think??? Of this one and dress#1 and 2 that I posted above, do you have a preference??? I can''t wait to hear what you think about the other two as well. I''m sure that you are typing your thoughts as I''m typing this.

I''m sorry that you''ve been having these wretche headaches. Those are the worst!! I''m glad that you go the ct scan. Better safe than sorry, right? I will keep praying for you and I just know that they will not find anything wrong. Please do stop being a worry wart. The headaches are likely the result of some sort of whiplash or soft tissue damage that is causing tension. Have you been for massage therapy or physiotherapy or anything like that? That may help relieve some of the muscle tightness that may have been caused on impact. Please do keep me updated as to the results of the ct scan.

Car insurance crap sucks. What a pain in the butt. It''s amazing how much time it can take up, isn''t it? My aunt was just in an accident where her car was written off but she is okay, thank goodness. It''s been such a hassle. It will be such a relief when you are over it and looking at your fixed up car that is all pretty looking, especially for only $130!!!!

OOOOH - Uplights. I may need to hit up your source b/c I''m seriously dinging our floral budget b/c we just can''t afford to keep it up there so we may very well need to get some of this stuff for ourselves. I''d love to see them and to maybe get some too. You''ll have to tell me all about them again.

DJ - Friend -- oxymoron.
25.gif
Glad that it fell through early so you still had time to figure something else out. Everything does happen for a reason, huh? It worked out perfectly for you ... just in time to take advantage of the deal! Woo! A little bit of good luck is always nice.

Okay - Need to know about FI''s mom. Why do people go crazy when other people are trying to plan a wedding? Ugh! Please, vent away. Don''t keep it in - Get it outta ya!

Table numbers? Really. I wanna see!

Best of luck on your test on Thursday. I''m sure that you will be fantastically well. Study but if you can, please pop in to let me know how you are doing and about the results of your ct scan.

I''m really glad to hear from you!

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
This is the Wtoo Brigitte.

Wtoobrigitte.gif

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Okay ... Maybe not. it''s not showing up. Here is a link to the website.

What do you think?

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
WOW that is really pretty!!! From the pics it looks awesome.. and even better... click here the price is crazy too!! $810??? WOW! thats a great price.. have you tried it on yet??? you should! :) me likey that too!
ETA and you can add 5 extra inches for only $90 I remember u saying u wanted a longer train!

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Shoot!! I was hoping that you would like #1. It''s SO much cheaper and my mom and aunt love it. The ivory is actually pretty nice in dress#1 ... It looks good in their pearl color as well but since my colors are pistachio & gold, I would need to go wit hthe ivory.

Yes! #2 is a Jim Hjelm dress. Style# 8716. I think that it would look great on my figure - especially on my booty but it''s not as structured in the top part s the other dress. I love the support of more structure.

Honestly, I have no idea what my budget is. At first I was thinking that it was under $5,000. Now, I''m having to revise that b/c being unemployed & with this immigration business taking so long ... We are really starting to feel it and I just can''t afford to splurge like that. The dress is approx $3,500, whereas the other one is like $900.
39.gif
39.gif

Does it change your mind to know that I am so short. I know that the dropped waist will elongate me, however, the really poofy pickups at the bottom may really cut me off and make me look shorter and stumpy. I''m scared about that. Dress# 1 should make me look longer.
9.gif

I was thinking .... What do you think ---- Since dress# 1 has a bubble hem as well, maybe I could get them to bustle it similarly to dress# 2 to give it more or a similar volume in the back? Additionally, I was thinking of taking it in more around the hips/butt to change the skirt shape and make it more of a trumpet with a fuller hem due to some added crinoline or whichever under the hem?????!!! What do you think? Since it''s so cheap I can afford to alter it like that?

Another good thing about #1 is that the material is gorgeous. The material on dress#2 is divine but for the price difference, there is not a significant difference b/c the two ... surprisingly.

Julius Bridal, huh? Hmmm ... Do you have pics of their Lazaro replica?? I''m all the way on the West Coast so very far from NYC.
38.gif
I''ve been scouring the internet & pre-owned sites but haven''t seen anything in my current size that I like. SO depressing.

I''m really glad that you like the JH dress. It really does have that WOW factor. The other one has the glamor that I was seeking but the JH has the WOW. I''m not sure which one I want more. I love the way that I think that the JH dress will make me feel! I''ve made an appt to go to a JH Trunk Show at the end of the month. I''ll see if I can swing it or if they give any amazing deals. If they do ... I''ll be in there like a dirty rug. I just missed a 20% off sale that they had at a store up here and since it''s over, they won''t honor the 20% off anymore. I went in on the LAST day of the sale, b/c I didn''t know about it and found this JH dress for the first time. Ugh! I love the price of #1 though ... Lots of bang for your buck! It is a gorgeous dress in person... Darn!

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Okay. Some bling on your invites?!! HOW FUN!! Love it. Can''t wait to see it. This is like a movie to me. I just sit back and wait to see all the cool things that you are working on.

I''m sure that you will love the fur wrap. Can''t get much more glamorous than that, right?

Wow. I wonder why your hair is growing so quickly. Come to think of it. So is mine?! Weird.

The ice sculpture sounds terrific. I wanted one as well ... especially for the fun luge but can''t justify it! Your FI will love it. It will be wonderful in your monogram as well!

I don''t get the feather boa idea. From what I''m picturing, it sounds as though it might be a bit too much, however, I never want to doubt your ideas b/c they are always executed so well! I think that you are right ... it could be fun but I''d be a little hesitant too b/c it could be a little over the top in not a good way.

I need to see these earrings of yours. I''m sure that they are fab. I''ve started trying to check out earrings but am having a hard time finding something in yellow gold.

Have fun at the bridal show! Nighty night!

I just checked out the Julius Bridal site ... Ummmm ... You''re going to have to tell me more. Maybe this is the route that I am going to have to go???!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG! Are they for real? How do I know that they are any good?!

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/8/2009 1:56:08 AM
Author: blondebunny
WOW that is really pretty!!! From the pics it looks awesome.. and even better... click here the price is crazy too!! $810??? WOW! thats a great price.. have you tried it on yet??? you should! :) me likey that too!
ETA and you can add 5 extra inches for only $90 I remember u saying u wanted a longer train!
That IS a great price. From what I have seen it is more in local stores but still really reasonable.
I haven''t tried it on. Sample sizes are always too small.
14.gif

I''m loving the extra inchange. LOVE a long dramatic train! Thank you.

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Okay. I''m going nuts. I can''t concentrate on anything. This Julius Bridal thing has me reeling!

How do I know what material they use? How do I know that they can make the dress as well? I think that the real dress is made with Silk Dupioni. Do they use polyester satins???

If you know anything else about them ... please let me know. I''m thinking about it!!

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Hey Spark! Is dress #1 a Maggie Sottero gown? I tried on one very much like that and it was gorgeous!!! I really love that dress.

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
About Julius Bridal.. I have researched them for about a year now...I found them a LONG time ago... here is there forum... http://forums.juliusbridal.com/phpbb2/index.php they used to have alot of threads on the knot and i think weddingchannel.. but then they kept getting deleted so they started their own forum for people to write reviews and post pics of their dresses...

They will actually make your dress our of whatever you want... they do custom dresses... Like for example I could have gotten mine made out of silk but i decided to do the satin because A its cheaper and B the owner suggested it because of wrinkles and stuff.. and I didnt really want to spend $200 more LOL...

You can either purchase a dress that they already have or they will custom make a dress for you.. they also have some videos posted on their forum too you can look at on how they do the beading and pattern and stuff its cool! The cool thing is if they dont do it right the first time they will keep doing it UNTIL its perfect :) and you cant beat that!!

here is the lazaro look-alike.. kind of hard to look at the detailing though I think its rather light for the dress... lazaro look alike But im sure if you talked to them and stressed you reallly wanted it to look like it they could do it... I also have been seeing another look alike but I cant remember by who now but I wasnt *that* impressed... but i honestly love the one JB does... I almost bought it a couple of times!

If you wanted to see how much the Jim Hjelm would cost you just email them and they email you back with a quote.. pretty easy and then you can ask what kind of material they could make it out of..blah blah blah... They are really nice and accomodating! :) But check out their forum!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sparks, I''m sorry stuff isn''t going well right now. I just wanted to say that I really love the dresses you posted and I also love the one bb posted!

Don''t kill me but I would be really scared to get a replica made from Julius just because the beading is so intricate...I know, totally unsolicited opinion, but I always think you get what you pay for!

Anyway, I hope things start looking up for you soon!

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
I love #1!! That bubble hem is too cute. I think it fits the glam feel quite nicely too.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results