shape
carat
color
clarity

Smiley face wedding dress!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Kerbear560

Shiny_Rock
This was posted on the knot earlier today (scroll down for the link to the video)! Smiley face wedding dress

I feel bad for her...she spent a lot of money on that dress ($6000!), and it does look pretty ridiculous in the pictures! The general consensus over on the knot is that the mirror beads used on the "smiley face" photograph darker than they appear in real life, so that''s why she may not have noticed it until she saw her photographs (still, the beads ARE distinctly in that shape). I can''t believe the designer didn''t realize that it could be an issue! I wonder if any other brides brought it to their attention before her (it not just that bride''s dress...someone on the knot posted a link to the bio of another girl who wore that dress, and low and behold, there was a smiley face in all of her pictures)! I do think it was a bit much to ask for a full refund though (it''s not like her entire wedding was ruined)! The settlement she eventually agreed to was fair.

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
I saw that too. I didn''t hear what the settlement was though. I heard they offered to pay to have all of her photos retouched. I''d want more than that though since they wouldn''t be retouching any photos taken by guests at the wedding, but not a full refund.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
I''ll probably be in the minority on this one, but I don''t feel sorry for her. They offered to pay for retouching her photos, I think they''ve done more than their part. She choose the dress and signed off on it, it''s not like they changed the design on her. Even if the beads do appear darker in photos, I think this would just be a really funny memory to me as opposed to getting all worked up about it and if it really bothered me I''d get them retouched myself; I think I''d feel silly for having not noticed a smiley face on my gown.

Tybee

Brilliant_Rock
I agree Kimberly,
Shame on her for not noticing it before, and get over it.
Could it really have ruined her wedding? Did she ever look in the mirror?
How much have you stared at your dress, or pictures of your dress...
blech, people make me mad...

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
As one of the reporters said, that pretty much takes the cake!

The curious and geek in me conspired to find a picture of this dress on the designer''s website, and guess what?

http://kennethpool.com/gallery/040121/040121145.shtml

SMILEY FACE!
9.gif

RoseAngel04

Brilliant_Rock
hehe...I do feel bad for the bride but I think their offer was very generous. She should have been better prepared and have noticed it IMO. Especially if it''s even on the website like that!

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
wow--this is funny. I was siding with the ''frowning bride'' at first--i thought that most likely a disgruntled beader decided to have some fun on a friday afternoon and add a little creative flair. I would be so angry if that were the case, or if the beads caught the light in some way (you know what happens when you wear a black top and can see your bra in pics) HOWEVER, after seeing the website pics, it is obvious that this smiley face is part of the design. How could no one have noticed!?

To her i say "suck it up"--I don''t think the manufacture can be blamed in this case. But they should put a big, smilling warning on the dress next time

1.gif
1.gif
1.gif

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
I''m sorry, but you spend $6,000 on a dress and don''t bother to inspect every inch of it before the wedding day?! I mean, it''s not like those beads were hidden and then magically appeared just on the wedding day.

I do feel bad for the girl though. I mean, I''d feel like such a doofus if I went the whole day thinking I look like a princess and then find out later that I actually looked like an ad for Wal-Mart!!!

Ha ha, funny image of the bride "rollin'' back prices" in her Kenneth Pool dress!!
9.gif

ky6

Shiny_Rock
OMG!!! That''s crazy. I can understand that she is upset, but a full refund??? Come on. But I guess it really depends on whether she had reason to know that it would appear in pictures that way (not quite so obviously a smiley face on the manufacturer''s site). I think their offer to retouch her photos was a reasonable one.

I think it''s pretty funny actually (but then again it wasn''t me!). I''d like to see other brides pics in that dress and see how pronounced it is.

ky6

Shiny_Rock
rollin'' back prices! That''s hilarous. I just got a visual of her in her gown with a little wand running around Wal-Mart like some sort of price fairy
4.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
If I hadn''t seen the news piece I would have never thoguht smiley face. It just looks like part of the design. Still no sympathy. What a silly thing to spend so much effort and energy on this instead of just being a happy newlywed!

VegasAngel

Brilliant_Rock
Ha, that is funny. Full refund? Yeah right lady. She shouldnt get any refund. I know if I was going to spend 6k on a wedding dress I would have scrutinized it up & down before buying. I think they were more than generous in offering to retouch her photos.

galeteia

Brilliant_Rock
I can''t load the video because I use FireFox, but I''m looking at the photo from the website that was posted and I don''t see a smiley face... where should I be looking?
34.gif

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/15/2006 3:49:31 PM
Author: Galateia
I can''t load the video because I use FireFox, but I''m looking at the photo from the website that was posted and I don''t see a smiley face... where should I be looking?
34.gif

I couldn''t watch the video either using Safari but I saw it right away on the pic. Center top of the bodice, right between the breasts. It''s a very HAPPY smiley face!
21.gif

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
I made it RED for you
3.gif

ETA: sorry, the image is kinda small, but at least you know where to look now!

040121145_f.jpg

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I watched the first 2 min of the video here at work (without sound) and I''m sorry, but I couldn''t help but giggle all the way through. That smiley face is just so d@mn hysterical! I know, I''m awful. But it''s funny.
emembarrassed.gif

So she asked for a full refund? That''s just plain silly.

galeteia

Brilliant_Rock
I'd wondered if that's what they meant, but I was expecting something more immediately obvious. It just looks like beading in a triangular shape to me.

I would never have made that connection if I hadn't gone looking for it.

ETA: It did occur to me that it might be more obvious in the video. I was actually on my way back her to add that as a post script, but got tied up on the phone.
1.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s really obvious in the video clip Galateia, and not as obvious in that photo.

It''s so funny. Showed it to TGuy and he thought it was hilarious. The happy face just looked so gleeful to be there!

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Well I think she just didn''t notice it because I can see it even in the official pictures. It''s probably a combination of lighting , camera etc, that makes it much more noticeable then it would be in normal real life. I don''t think it''s the company''s fault though. The settlement of having them pay for the retouches is fine. I mean if they had forgotton so sew a seam and then she was walking down the aisle and the whole thing ripped off, then I definitely think she should get a full refund. But I doubt her *memories* were ruined.

Kerbear560

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/15/2006 10:50:49 AM
Author: ellaila

Ha ha, funny image of the bride ''rollin'' back prices'' in her Kenneth Pool dress!!
9.gif

ROTFL ellaila!

Kerbear560

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/15/2006 1:22:51 PM
Author: ky6
OMG!!! That''s crazy. I can understand that she is upset, but a full refund??? Come on. But I guess it really depends on whether she had reason to know that it would appear in pictures that way (not quite so obviously a smiley face on the manufacturer''s site). I think their offer to retouch her photos was a reasonable one.

I think it''s pretty funny actually (but then again it wasn''t me!). I''d like to see other brides pics in that dress and see how pronounced it is.

Here are some pics of a different bride in that dress:

smiley1.JPG

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
yeah, the smiley face is there!
But all I really see is a HAPPY, RADIANT bride on her WEDDING day.

The whole thing is just silly. Thanks for the much-needed laugh on this day-from-hell at work!

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
Ummm.... am I the only one who sees the frowny face too? You can really see it on the real bride in her last picture - I put it in red here.

smiley3frowny2.JPG

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG JCJD, that is just too much!!! I see the frowny face now too!
face20.gif
I''m really sorry but seeing the video and these pics just cracks me up to no end. I''m going to burn in hell aren''t I?

snlee

Ideal_Rock
LOL. It''s funny that none of them noticed it until they saw their wedding pictures! 6K is a lot of pay for a damn wedding dress with a smiley face and frowny face! However, I think their offer to retouch her wedding photos is good enough. Just get over it. It would definitely make me laugh every time I looked at my wedding dress!

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
23.gif
It didn''t seem so obvious on the model, but on the bride it really is! And the frowny face too...

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ying/yang dresses!

I gotta think that one of Keneth Pool''s designers has a peculiar sense of humor... or resents the heck out of their job and found a way to have the last laugh...

Or took a look at the women modeling that line... each looks like she''s been sucking on lemons... and added a smiley face for balance!
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results