shape
carat
color
clarity

Silk Flower Belt with Pearls and Crystals for OUPearGirl

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
I think that OUPearGirl's fiance was barely done pushing that gorgeous ring on her finger before I shot her an email offering (nay, begging) to make her an accessory to wear on her big day. Lucky for me she was enamored with the Enzoani Diana belt. So she gave me some details and then about 6 months later I started to construct the belt.

Outside of the tulle, the entire thing is made out of silk dupioni (with a silk satin ribbon for the sash part). I added freshwater cultured pearls and crystals to the centers. The middle flower measures about 7" in diameter and is wrapped with tulle. The pleated round flower is also wrapped in tulle.

This was my most challenging piece yet, but the more I work with this kind of silk and the more inspiration I get I find that I am able to make pieces I never imagined I would pull off. In fact, I am on the verge of opening my own Etsy shop for charity (I will say that I was encouraged by the reaction to vc's belt last year, it's just taken me a while to get it all together). All proceeds after materials costs will go to charity. I have been working pretty hard on building up some stock to list for sale with the upcoming wedding season. It has turned into quite the hobby!

Anyway, off to the pics! I cannot WAIT to see this with OU's dress on her wedding day. I have been fortunate enough to make a few pieces for PSers so far.

Veil for StephB0lt
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/stephb0lts-pro-photos.145512/

a silk flower belt for vc10um
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/diy-silk-flower-wedding-belt.161400/

and a silk hair flower for Monnie!
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/monnie-eloped-pro-pics-inside.168731/

full front cropped.jpg

center flower cropped.jpg

left side front cropped.jpg

right side cropped.jpg

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
Loooooove it! I seriously can hardly wait the two months until I get to wear it! It is so much more special to me than the original. :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Thank you C-tek!

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Welcome to the Ctek accessories club, OUPearGirl! We are certainly a lucky bunch of brides!!!

Ctek, I'm pretty sure you have completely outdone yourself on this one. Fliptastically gorgeous, m'love. (Yes, so gorgeous it's making me make up new words.) Can I get married again so I can have more accessories?!?!? :lol: I hope you and your etsy shop have boundless success and raise lots of money for charity!!!

Grlsbestfrnd

Brilliant_Rock
SOOOO GORGEOUS! You did an amazing job Clairitek! Congrats OUPearGirl on getting to wear this beautiful piece!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone! My shop is up and going with a whopping 5-6 items in it. I guess I better get cracking on producing some inventory!

atp223

Shiny_Rock
Clairitek - how do I look at your shop?? And do you make belts that are beaded/bejeweled rather than having flowers??

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
WOW it looks amazing Claire. I saw it in person when it was incomplete and thought it was pretty then but OMG: It's just gorgeous complete.

4ever

Ideal_Rock
Wooooo......pretty :bigsmile:

Looking forward to seeing in on!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results