shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your bridesmaid dresses!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

CurlySue

Brilliant_Rock
I only have two girls, and they are each wearing a different silk shantung dress from Dessy in "Midnight," which is a navy blue color. We liked a lot of the Dessy dresses - they seemed to have a lot of options that would suit a variety of body shapes and sizes, which was nice. Once we found the color we needed, I let the girls pick whatever they wanted as long as they could get it in Midnight. As it turns out, they both had a few dresses they liked so they ended up agreeing on the fabric and picked their favorite in the silk shantung.

Here''s one of the dresses.

LESAdessyBMdress.jpg

CurlySue

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s the other.

MEOMdessyBMdress.gif

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'd try J. Crew if I were you. Most of their dresses come in silk and they fit really well, so no need for much tailoring. My bridesmaids wore the Sophia dress from J. Crew in light pewter silk taffeta. (It's the same style as the aqua one 2 of C-tek's bridesmaids are wearing.) They were happy with them and my older sister actually wore hers once before the wedding to another event.

Plus all 3 of them have different body types and it looked good on all of them. My twin sister is tall and skinny, my older sister is curvier and more average sized and my friend is petite but has a long torso and short legs. All 3 of them looked great in it.

ETA if I had worn a white dress I probably would have gone C-tek's route and had them all get a dress in the same color family. I love her pics! But my dress was light pink and I didn't want the pics to look like a clashing rainbow so the silver was really the best bet.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
I wanted to emphasize the J Crew thing like Thing2 did. Some of their dresses are really quite stylish right now. The great thing is that they are returnable to the store so you don''t end up paying for shipping both ways. One of my officemates is wearing the silk taffeta dress with a ruffle along the neckline. Its fairly mature and refined and looks like its pretty flattering from the pictures. Might be worth a shot if they have a color you can work with.

blueberrydot

Shiny_Rock
Parrot, LOVE your BM dresses!

NF, have you looked at the BM section on the Amsale site? They have gorgeous dresses, this being one of my faves: Amsale

The only problem is that not only are they pretty expensive (300-400ish, I believe), they are made with synthetic fabric!!! Although I love their BM dresses, I don''t think I could shell out over a thousand dollars for my BMs for dresses made of rayon
40.gif
. It''s really annoying how the company will charge up the bum and they can''t even use real silk - I KNOW I have seen dresses in dept stores made with real silk around that price. ugh...

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
I was in a wedding in march - i was SOOOOO lucky with the dress
21.gif
it was made to measure and was bee-utiful to wear
30.gif

Dresspic.jpg

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/18/2010 12:46:36 PM
Author: mscushion
I went with Jenny Yoo dresses for my BMs (www.jennyyoo.com). I gave them a lot of choice, and that''s what they settled on. I went with the Pewter color, and they can each choose the cut of their dress, which works well as they all have different body types.

some of the Jenny Yoo dresses are really gorgeous!

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
whoops - that last post did not work properly! :)

ts44

Brilliant_Rock
I picked David''s Bridal because I have bridesmaids all over the map and I wanted a place that would be near for everybody. Since I purchased the bridesmaid dresses for them, I just picked a color (latte) and fabric (cotton sateen) and asked them to find a style they liked. Here are the dresses my four girls chose (note: these are of course, not pictures of my four girls in them
2.gif
). Note the one on the far right isn''t cotton sateen, it''s jersey! That''s because one of my girls told me her due date is 3 days after my wedding! YAY! But, none of the cotton dresses would be maternity-ish enough for her to wear if she was still pregnant by then. So we chose this one, since it''s comfy and can be altered to fit a pregnant or non-pregnant lady pretty easily.

Bridesmaids_small_mz.jpg

shertz1981

Shiny_Rock
These are mine, but in navy silk dupioni (it''s so dark it''s almost black) -- and both are long, too.

Watters 8417

8417abcdefg.jpg

shertz1981

Shiny_Rock
Watters 3450 (but long)

ww3450hijklmnop.jpg

winelover23

Ideal_Rock
Adrianna Papell has tons of dresses at Nordstrom.com that are gorg and a decent price. I got these:

_6030872.jpg

rockzilla

Brilliant_Rock
We did Jcrew as well, same color in two different styles (they got their choice). Girls liked their dresses, and I think only one of them had to get it altered as we ordered multiple sizes and returned the ones we didn''t want.

Copy of ebww_21.jpg

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Wino, I hear that dress!

But what is up with the model''s expression? She looks depressed.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
So maybe I should not have replyed so quickly. I got the swatches for the priscilla dress, and the color (that I thought was plum) is hot pink
8.gif

I am starting over 5 months before the wedding. I am looking that Simple Silhouettes now.

NakedFinger

Brilliant_Rock
hello ladies-

Thank you so much for showing me your BM dresses! A lot of them are cute, but they''re short
7.gif
.I am hoping for long ones (because my venue is formal), which may be why I am having an even harder time finding ones I like? Same thing with ordering from j. crew, which are cute, but seem very casual to me, and same with trying to find a cocktail dress in a department store (we did try doing that, but long "gowns" in Bloomingdales, Saks, Nieman Marcus, etc are about $500 and up, which doesnt seem fair for BM dresses). I love Jenny Yoo, and was planning on going with her, but then heard complaints about the cost of the BM dresses from my girls. I wish I could pay for them, but really dont have that factored into the budget.

I did check out some Amsale dresses, and its about time someone made their BM dresses fashionable! I picked 9 styles, and emailed them to my girls asking which they liked. They each like a different one (figured). So what I was going to do was narrow down the choices, all in the same fabric/color, similar styles but slight variations of each, and have them each wear a different one. They all loved the idea, and I was very happy with my choice, until we went to try them on and my sister and mom both hated them in person! I know I cant please everyone, but my sister is my MOH and I want her of all people to like how she looks. So we went back to the drawing board and my sister found a Vera Wang dress she and I both liked, I emailed to the girls and they all loved it. So we have an appt Tues for all of us to go look at it in person. Here''s hoping!
3.gif

caribqueen

Brilliant_Rock
Good luck! I do remember you initially said you wanted long dresses. My wedding is also formal and I also had a hard time finding long dresses that I liked. I have one MOH and 6 BMs and so I only went shopping with my MOH and a BM to narrow down our choices. In the end it worked out.

Your next step sounds promising and I hope the Vera Wang dresses seal the deal.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results