shape
carat
color
clarity

Should I Show Him?????

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Class n Sass

Shiny_Rock
I went for my 1st wedding makeup consultation. It turned out beautiful and I am happy because I have now secured my artist! Now, since my fiance knows he can''t see my dress he wants to see the wedding makeup. I took a few pics to show him.....but what would you do? Would you show him the pics or let him be surprised? I feel like even if I show him a picture it is not the same as seeing me in person wedding day and he will still be surprised.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
I did not show TGuy. My makeup artist was amazing and she was savvy enough to ask what my normal wear was as well what TGuy may prefer. I had a decent amount of makeup on, but it still looked "natural." It was fun bowling him over our wedding day.

However, if you think it might shock him, it might not be a bad idea to show him. Also, do you think you could not be offended if he didn''t like it?

Class n Sass

Shiny_Rock
I know that he won''t be offended. He is just dying to know something about my look. He asked why I get to see his attire but he can''t see or know anything about mine...lol. I want to include him a bit.lol

Sha

Ideal_Rock
I would let him be surprised. You''ll probably look your most beautifullest ever on your wedding day and he''ll be blown away....
30.gif
It won''t be the same effect if he''s seen ''the face'' already, IMO. Just tell him wait until the day!

HappyAnniversary

Shiny_Rock
I''d wait for the big day! Can you tell me quotes different people gave for that service? How did you pick the one? Just future info for my someday MOB job.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you're not going to see him before the ceremony then I definitely wouldn't show him ANYTHING. I think the element of surprise is just one of those really special things about a wedding and when you walk down the aisle looking fabulously stunning he will be blown away! Why ruin even a tenth of that by showing him little things? I think all I shared with DH was that my dress didn't have a big poufy skirt and that I was wearing my hair up...that's it. I have wonderful pictures of him looking so emotional when he first saw me, I'm so glad I didn't give in to temptation and show him anything even though I thought about it.

ETA: plus it makes for great conversation later on after the wedding or on the honeymoon, you get to talk about what he thought when he first saw you and all that!
36.gif

thumbelina

Shiny_Rock
I had a similar question when I got married. In the end, I opted to surprise him. Hubby was happy that he waited in spite of his initial insistence.

I vote for surprise. It will be just that much more special!

p.s. Congrats on finding a makeup artist!

Class n Sass

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for all the advice....I think I will let him be surprised. He''s never seen me made up professionally(I''ve never seen me made up professionally...lol) so I know he''s gonna be blown away.

HappyAnniversary....My artist is charging me $150 and $75 for my bridesmaids

RoseAngel04

Brilliant_Rock
I agree with the other girls...let him be blown away on ya''lls wedding day!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/11/2007 11:33:36 PM
Author: Class n Sass
Thanks for all the advice....I think I will let him be surprised. He''s never seen me made up professionally(I''ve never seen me made up professionally...lol) so I know he''s gonna be blown away.

HappyAnniversary....My artist is charging me $150 and $75 for my bridesmaids
Oh yeah, if he''s never seen a pro job on you, definitely keep it a surprise. I will never forget TGuy''s first words to me...he just took my hands and couldn''t take his eyes off me. With the biggest smile, he said, "You look stunning." For that moment, it was as if we were completely alone.

Honey, most days I can''t even get a "you look nice."
20.gif
So a "you look STUNNING" is a memory that I will keep on the forefront of my mind.
1.gif

Erin

Ideal_Rock
I''ve seen pictures of many of you and I already know you are stunning women
30.gif

BUT

A professional make up artist makes THAT big of a difference? I guess, I already wear eye liner, mascara, lipstick... What was so different about your look after they were done?

(Obviously never had it done before)

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
My makeup is professionally done several times a week. Now, I am a person who has taken a couple makeup artistry courses, and am more than capable of doing my own makeup on "off" days--but the difference between that and a good professional job is huge.

A lot of it is training/experience, and a lot of it is an outsider's point of view on the face that you look at every day of your life.

There's a reason why they're called makeup "artists!"

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I did not show my fiance at the time, now my dh. Figured as long as I liked it and it was not a total departure from my normal looks, or way too heavy, it should be okay with him. But then again, he did not ask to see it, so the point is moot. My guy had no real preferences, he knew how I like my makeup to look and he really trusted it, just was not overlly concerned with that. He just said, look like you, not a drag queen or clown with stuff you would never do...

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock
Definitely surprise him! Think of it as the little kid the month of December waiting not so patiently for Christmas. He may kick and cry and whine and whimper and generally throw a fit because he wants his presents "NOW!!! Please??? Ok, just ONE??? Come on!!! ....You''re mean.
39.gif
" but you just have to resist knowing that it will be so worth making him wait. And, come on, isn''t a power trip a little fun once in a while??
27.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results