Share your wedding dress, please!

Brides-Post your gown, invitations, catering, etc.
Grooms-Swap war stories over cigars and brandy

• 290 posts • Page 8 of 101, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10,

Be a part of the community It's free, join today!

Re: Share your wedding dress, please!

Post by KittyGolightly » July 1st, 2011, 8:41 am
I love this thread so much.

Annette, congratulations! You look fabulous!!! I really love that dress. Had Vera Wang been available at DB when I was in the market, I think I might have gotten one.

*sigh* I miss my dress.

Post by KittyGolightly » July 1st, 2011, 9:29 am
Tried to edit the post above, but was too late. I loved every minute of being in my wedding dress, and was a little bit sad to change into my reception dress! I bought it from La Soie in Torrance, CA.

Walking with Dad.jpg
Walking with Dad.jpg (44.66 KiB) Viewed 5992 times

Post by annette510 » July 1st, 2011, 9:35 am
You look phenomenal! What a gorgeous dress!

Post by cushionsparkle » July 3rd, 2011, 6:56 pm
I LOVE this thread!! Keep them coming ladies.

I am only recently engaged and on the fitness drive. I really want to start trying dresses on, but I'd love to shed a few lbs first. I want to be unrestricted in terms of styles whereas at the moment I would pick based on my more rounded than I'd like hips!!
We're not planning the wedding till early 2013 so I have lots of time but I am DYING to get in there and start prancing around all princess-ish.

You all look absolutely stunning!!!

Post by Amzizzle » July 17th, 2011, 2:18 pm
I posted my dress awhile back but it was a pic of the model. So here is me in the dress :)
Attachments
AJM0100.jpg
AJM0100.jpg (100.09 KiB) Viewed 5846 times
I just need my coffee in the morning to become a ray of sunshine.

Post by JacquiT » July 18th, 2011, 8:40 pm
I wore a claire pettibone to my august wedding. I bought it at a disocunt bridal shopin Watertown, Mass. and the moment I put it on I loved it! Silk lining and lace it was so comfortable! Here are pix... I cannot figure out how to upload on here. http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=claire+pettibone&view=detail&id=F6B2699877788EDC6CF665742BA75EA5E8A1BA6C&first=31&FORM=IDFRIR

Post by mrsjacob » July 20th, 2011, 10:56 am
Me in my little Dolly Couture dress:

Post by Future Mrs. Sterling » July 20th, 2011, 11:25 am

Love this!!!! :love:
"She's a Brick House."

Post by Amys Bling » November 27th, 2011, 7:35 pm
Written by KittyGolightly » July 1st, 2011, 9:29 am:Tried to edit the post above, but was too late. I loved every minute of being in my wedding dress, and was a little bit sad to change into my reception dress! I bought it from La Soie in Torrance, CA.

Walking with Dad.jpg

LOVE LOVE LOVE your dress!

Post by luckky » December 11th, 2011, 8:57 pm
I love this thread, everyone had a beautiful dresses, can't go wrong with either one, me in Vera Wang...simple but I love it!
Attachments
c1.jpg
c1.jpg (214.54 KiB) Viewed 5219 times

Post by cushionsparkle » January 7th, 2012, 5:05 pm
Firstly, let me say how EXCITED I am to have picked my dress.. but how devastated I am to have a year and 2 months to wait till our wedding!!

This is an Australian designer based in Perth called Anastasia Designs/Creations and the dress is called ALICIA. I had been to a HUGE bridal store in the city and found a Martina Liana dress that I absolutely LOVED, and then my last appointment was a small boutique store up the road from my home in the North Shore of Sydney. My maid of honour actually picked this out for me (turns out she hated the one I loved in the first store).
I loved it so much I bought it then and there, and then pranced around the store for the next 45 mins, almost refusing to take it off.
It's not what I thought I would buy.. but it fitted my criteria perfectly (something simple, but striking and unique, and with a touch of sexy for my fiance!). I thought the big flower added the couture element I was looking for, it's a simple ivory silk with not much poof.. and I think the fitted-ness and the neckline added just a tiny touch of sexy to it.

The shot of the model in the dress (which i actually dont like.. weird?) vs me in the dress:
Image VS Image

I wish I could just sit around all day wearing it !!!

Post by LittleRiver » January 8th, 2012, 8:51 pm
Just placed my order today. I'm in love! Wtoo Olivia
Attachments
LittleRiverDress.jpg
LittleRiverDress.jpg (79.75 KiB) Viewed 5078 times

Post by cushionsparkle » January 9th, 2012, 2:57 am
WOW! So unique.

I love it - gorgeous!!

Post by Amys Bling » January 21st, 2012, 2:07 pm
Written by cushionsparkle » January 7th, 2012, 5:05 pm:Firstly, let me say how EXCITED I am to have picked my dress.. but how devastated I am to have a year and 2 months to wait till our wedding!!

This is an Australian designer based in Perth called Anastasia Designs/Creations and the dress is called ALICIA. I had been to a HUGE bridal store in the city and found a Martina Liana dress that I absolutely LOVED, and then my last appointment was a small boutique store up the road from my home in the North Shore of Sydney. My maid of honour actually picked this out for me (turns out she hated the one I loved in the first store).
I loved it so much I bought it then and there, and then pranced around the store for the next 45 mins, almost refusing to take it off.
It's not what I thought I would buy.. but it fitted my criteria perfectly (something simple, but striking and unique, and with a touch of sexy for my fiance!). I thought the big flower added the couture element I was looking for, it's a simple ivory silk with not much poof.. and I think the fitted-ness and the neckline added just a tiny touch of sexy to it.

The shot of the model in the dress (which i actually dont like.. weird?) vs me in the dress:
Image VS Image

I wish I could just sit around all day wearing it !!!

looks amazing on you!

Post by Sparkly_Girl » January 23rd, 2012, 5:34 pm
This is what I will be wearing for my (second) beach wedding in St. Martin on March 30th. I will post a photo of me in it after I have it hemmed!
Attachments
Gown.jpg
Gown.jpg (72.87 KiB) Viewed 4977 times

Post by Lisatheweddingplanner » February 7th, 2012, 8:03 pm
The A-line styles are my favorite. It is the best way to accentuate my figure. :) I do like the pearl and faux pearl trimmings on most of these as well. They are all beautiful. It is hard to choose.

Post by RebeccaMUA » February 27th, 2012, 1:22 am
I purchased mine and it's Allure 8769. The picture just doesn't do it justice! It's sparkly and the corset really does a great job of making my waist look tiny! (which it truly isn't, lol). It's not coming in until October, and i'll have around 5-6 months for alterations and such before I get to walk down the aisle in it :D

-Rebecca
Share your wedding dress, please!

Post by Amys Bling » February 27th, 2012, 12:09 pm
Written by RebeccaMUA:I purchased mine and it's Allure 8769. The picture just doesn't do it justice! It's sparkly and the corset really does a great job of making my waist look tiny! (which it truly isn't, lol). It's not coming in until October, and i'll have around 5-6 months for alterations and such before I get to walk down the aisle in it :D

Oo I love it!

Post by NCSUchick27 » March 11th, 2012, 1:03 pm
My dress is Blue by Enzoani Dillon. Here are some pictures from when I tried it on:

Monica

Post by Amys Bling » March 16th, 2012, 3:37 pm
Written by NCSUchick27 » March 11th, 2012, 1:03 pm:My dress is Blue by Enzoani Dillon. Here are some pictures from when I tried it on:

a friend of mine work that dress this year :)

Post by JuneRose » March 18th, 2012, 4:25 am
Written by LittleRiver » January 8th, 2012, 8:51 pm:Just placed my order today. I'm in love! Wtoo Olivia

You look beautiful!!!

Post by Narwhal » May 4th, 2012, 1:13 pm
First try on without proper undergarments and no Alterations yet. It was too loose which is good because the same size was snuggish in Jan!

Tara Keely 2108

Post by saucymama » June 29th, 2012, 7:45 pm
My Mori Lee 1667! A size too big and need alterations.

Post by 4ever » July 7th, 2012, 6:03 pm
My dress; made my a local dress maker, ivory silk satin.
Attachments
dsc_0453_resized.jpg
dsc_0453_resized.jpg (128.67 KiB) Viewed 4203 times
4ever aka 'Future Girl'

Post by bunnycat » August 15th, 2012, 1:37 pm
What beautiful gowns!

4ever- I love the look of that one.

Here is a photo of my dress/veil and shrug before the alterations. Mostly it fit when I got it, but needed hemming and a little taken up in the shoulder straps. It's a sweet little dress I ended up getting on mega-sale at David's Bridal (under $200) from the David's Bridal line. I wasn't even really looking to buy when I went in, I was just pre-shopping for the dress and found it on sale. It had everything I was looking for: tiers, beading and an antique vibe without the headaches of buying an actual antique piece. I'll post more in a thread from the wedding this past weekend but wanted to start with a post here where I should have before but didn't have time.

Post by HotPozzum » August 22nd, 2012, 8:57 pm
Love this thread! This isn't a picture of mine but the photo I took as inspiration to my dressmaker. Sort of Alex Perry style... :love:

She was amazing and made my dream dress for $600 (not joking!) in ivory silk with some delicate clear hand-beading on the neckline.

Very simple, very classic and perfect for me. I was only 22 and couldn't afford anything big and showy anyway. I still fit into it (6 years ago now) and love it. Thinking about dying it another colour so I can use it again.... :naughty:
Attachments
_611.jpg
_611.jpg (80.25 KiB) Viewed 3881 times

Post by star sparkle » August 25th, 2012, 2:28 pm
Everyone looks amazing in their gowns! Here's mine, self-portrait style!
Attachments
lacedress.jpg
lacedress.jpg (42.37 KiB) Viewed 3850 times

Post by PintoBean » August 27th, 2012, 6:16 pm
Written by star sparkle » August 25th, 2012, 2:28 pm:Everyone looks amazing in their gowns! Here's mine, self-portrait style!

Star sparkle! We are gown twins, except that you have the figure that is to die for! :love: I would KILL for your toned arms!

Post by star sparkle » August 31st, 2012, 8:51 am
Written by PintoBean » August 27th, 2012, 6:16 pm:
Written by star sparkle » August 25th, 2012, 2:28 pm:Everyone looks amazing in their gowns! Here's mine, self-portrait style!

Star sparkle! We are gown twins, except that you have the figure that is to die for! :love: I would KILL for your toned arms!

Oh, yay, how fun! Do you have a picture of you in yours? I'd love to see it!

And thanks for the compliment! I'm sure you look amazing in yours too :wavey:

Post by cindygenit » November 1st, 2012, 9:52 pm
This dress was my own design - took a traditional Indonesian dress and modernised it :P Absolutely loved it, I actually felt like a glowing bride :)

All the lace and swarovski crystals and beads are hand sewn =]

Everyone looks so beautiful!! :love:
And all I really want from you is to feel me
As the feeling inside keeps building
And I will find a way to you if it kills me
If it kills me

290 posts • Page 8 of 101, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10,

« Return to Bride World Wide & Grooms Grooves