shape
carat
color
clarity

Red or purple?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

E B

Ideal_Rock
Here''s another beautiful deep purplish-red bouquet:

burgundybouq.jpg

E B

Ideal_Rock
Here are some funky red and purple calla bouquets:

redpurplecallas.jpg

E B

Ideal_Rock
Ooh, this is interesting. Are these chocolate cosmos?

chocolatecosmos.jpg

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Yum, Ebree and Ephemery! Those are delicious! I thought I wanted a wacky bouquet, but the more I think about it, the more I realize what I want is a WOW bouquet.

And I'm feeling better about the red hat society thing because my sister / co-MoH just sent me an e-mail about the colour issue that read simply : "Gucci and I agree with your choices" and a link to a pic of this dress from their Spring line. Eat your heart out OUPearlGirl
18.gif

gucci dress.jpg

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
Haha no no no! I was not trying to be rude or anything. I personally love the bouquets that have been posted so far.. I was just saying that when I see the words red and purple I think of the red hat society! I fully believe that you can make these flowers gorgeous and I was not aiming to hurt anyone''s feelings. Ephemery your wedding was nothing short of gorgeous. I think the only time I''m not the biggest fan of red and purple is when it''s a bright red with a bright purple.

Sorry to anyone whose feelings I hurt!
1.gif

Fancy605

Brilliant_Rock
I did red and purple flowers at my wedding, and loved it. I think the colors will be beautiful with your dress and everything!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
yep, those are chocolate cosmos, and it looks like we have similar inspiration photos
9.gif

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/17/2007 3:20:49 PM
Author: Independent Gal
Love that bouquet! It looks good enough to eat.

I had pretty much convinced myself that I wanted to copy JCrow''s bouquet, before I started thinking purples. For one thing, I''m small like JCrow so I know what size is the right size if I use JCrow''s pic. For another, her flowers are so scwarbly, big and fluffy.

Yes, I think it''s got to be jewel tone purples and deep reds for my bouquet, deep red flowers for the tables, and purple accents (like ribbon) here and there.

So, if I''m a mini-DKS does that make me ... Drawer-Knob-Solitare? heh?

just for you, my bouquet had 8 lush peonies. i just counted
5.gif

and the bm''s must have had 6 or 7. and for the record, i''m still votin'' DEEP reds and DEEP purples.
9.gif
but i would make sure they''re deep & intense colors.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Hooray for Gucci and your sister! The color combo can be beautiful, screw the ladies in red hats and purple scarfs!

sera

Ideal_Rock
Those chocolate cosmos are GORGEOUS!!! I love eggplant calla lillies, too.

I love deep reds and purples... my bedroom is done in those colors (the deep, rich colors, not the bright RHS colors).

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/17/2007 10:00:15 PM
Author: OUpeargirl
Haha no no no! I was not trying to be rude or anything. I personally love the bouquets that have been posted so far.. I was just saying that when I see the words red and purple I think of the red hat society! I fully believe that you can make these flowers gorgeous and I was not aiming to hurt anyone''s feelings. Ephemery your wedding was nothing short of gorgeous. I think the only time I''m not the biggest fan of red and purple is when it''s a bright red with a bright purple.

Sorry to anyone whose feelings I hurt!
1.gif
Thanks OUPear!!! But no worries about hurting anyone''s feelings... I think Indie was just teasing, and you made a great point about the Purple Hat people... they have done those colors wrong!! So very valid, helpful opinions.
1.gif

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Yup, just teasing OUPearlgirl. You added a very helpful perspective! What if my mom and all her pals had been part of that, only I hadn''t realized what it was. And they all thought WHHHEEEEE! time to pull out the hideous purple outfit to match DD''s wedding! Forewarned is forearmed.

(I always wondered what''s so special about the forearm? I mean, it''s just a limb)

Also, it''s neat to know an organization like that exists. The spirit is great. Even if the comedy clothing doesn''t necessarily accurately respect the heart of the poem. I don''t think the poem is all ''When I get older, I will try to look as ridiculous as possible.'' I think it''s more ''When I grow older, I won''t be bound by convention.'' Unconventional does not necessarily = ridiculous!

OK, someone needs some coffee before she hurts anyone''s feelings.

rainbowtrout

Ideal_Rock
Luuurve those calla bouquets Ebree posted! I vote for intense colors too, although I like the idea of highlighting them with some white little flowers.

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
OK JCrow, I'm now had my coffee, which, theoretically, should have got my brain in gear. And yet, I have no idea what is going on in that first pic you just posted. The bouquets are yummy. But. But. But...are those rocks in the background? Is this a Cave Wedding?

Mmmm. Cave wedding.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
this was my bouquet inspiration. i know, doesn''t even come close to what i got, but oh well!

BouqWinemmmm.jpeg

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Ooooh. Love that last one expecially!

Still, now I''m dreaming about a Cave Wedding... we could serve mammoth. Everyone could draw on the walls... Bliss.
9.gif

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/18/2007 11:21:26 AM
OK JCrow, I''m now had my coffee, which, theoretically, should have got my brain in gear. And yet, I have no idea what is going on in that first pic you just posted. The bouquets are yummy. But. But. But...are those rocks in the background? Is this a Cave Wedding?

Mmmm. Cave wedding.
glad it should up for you. i can''t see the pic on my end. my guess is it''s a fireplace? i like the colors of the flowers, sans light purple of course.

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Fireplace! That makes sense. Still, I kinda like the cave idea.

Do you happen to know if peonies are in season in April? When was your wedding? I really love them.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/18/2007 11:33:16 AM
Fireplace! That makes sense. Still, I kinda like the cave idea.

Do you happen to know if peonies are in season in April? When was your wedding? I really love them.
wedding was in november. the 3 florists i talked to thought i was borderline nuts wanting peonies in november. but when 2 checked the flower dealers, both said they could get them in. the florist i decided to go with had a black baccarat bouquet back up plan. he had never tried getting peonies in november, nor heard of anyone else doing so. but, his dealer said it shouldn''t be a problem. and magically, they appreared on the day of the wedding, although a bit brighter than i wanted... flown in from new zealand.
36.gif
all was happy in jcrow land!

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
I poked around and it seems that it might also be a challenge to get peonies in April... What about ranunculus as a substitute? First of all, how much fun is it to say ''ranunculus''. Second of all, they kind of get that bunchy scrummy poufy thing going, though not quite like the peonies. But they will be in season...

ranunculus .jpg

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
yep, those will work. also look into garden roses. they are large & fluffy. like peonies

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
and here''s a random pic i saved. it was titled "FairBiancaRoses" but a florist said she didn''t think that''s what they were. so i dunno.

BouqredFairBiancaRosesmm.jpg

april diamonds

Shiny_Rock
IndyGal, I chose May as my wedding date beacuse peonies are generally in season between May and June (late spring/early summer).

I''m hoping to get some nice big fluffy peonies too! :D

But like JCrow said, they can totally be flown in...they''re just more expensive I believe.

And yes, flowers was one of the BIG reasons why I chose a date in May...am hoping they will be cheaper! haha am I nuts???

april diamonds

Shiny_Rock
Dying for something like this. Probably a tad brighter pinks with some more green in it. But you get the idea. Big fluffy peonies!

Sorry this is kinda totally off topic. I just wanted to share my excitment about the peonies. haha

peony bouquet.jpg

april diamonds

Shiny_Rock
Sorry for posting so much, and I know Ebree already posted some fantastic red and purple calas but these have like beaded things sticking out of it and I remember you had a thread about wanting a funky/different bouquet...well I thought that the beads added a pretty cool touch. Different but elegant still. you could totally do like silver ones maybe to match the deco and it would pop against the dark flowers.

I''m going to attach another photo of some purple calas that I think are more purple than the ones in this photo.

purplecalaswbeads.jpg

april diamonds

Shiny_Rock
super purple!

ok I will stop spamming your thread now. :D

purplecalas.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results