shape
carat
color
clarity

Recruiting Help! Does my "dream dress" exist?

sunshinebelle

Rough_Rock
I have been searching all over the net to find my wedding gown. I have something specific in mind, but I haven't seen one that tick all the boxes yet. I am not sure maybe if you ladies can recommend a brand or come across a dress that would make me swoon?

I love lace, period. I am looking for one that has a beautiful low back or open back. I have seen many lace dresses with beautifully adorned back, BUT they are more or less in a shape that is trumpet/fishtail or more tight fitting in the bottom in general. (don't have the butt to go with it :(sad ) On the other hand, I want the bottom of my dress to be a bit more flare out. I see a lot of beautiful dress by Jim Hjelm. I particularly love this one (pls see picture). Love the back, love love love the delicate lace sleeves. However, I didn't like how it narrows down to the butt area ... and I wanted more lace on the bottom part of the dress itself.

In terms of the fit (how it flares out, I like this one (2nd and 3rd picture) by Benjamin Roberts. But I think the top part is bit too simple.

And you can see, I like my dress to have some sort of straps/sleeves. I would prefer to buy the dress instead of have it made.

I just got engaged. My fiance would like to have the wedding in Oct. And I will be traveling for 2-3 months, and I don't have my mom or girl friends to help me since I live overseas, so I am a bit (happily) stressed out. Any help would be so appreciated! :)

8810_x1.jpg

2302-uyu6.jpg

23022212.jpg

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Welcome! What price point are you looking for, if you don't mind sharing. You have great taste! I hope we can find you something.

Have you tried on the fit n flare style with the tighter rear? Or are you just worried that it won't work for you? I really recommend going to a bridal salon and just trying on different fits. I didn't think I'd want a fit n flare gown and I was pleasantly surprised at how it fit. You just never know!

sunshinebelle

Rough_Rock
Clairitek, thank you for your response. ;)) I haven't tried on any dresses yet ... a little bit intimidated to walk in those wedding salons to be honest! So I am hoping to zone into a few styles that I like, or at least I think I like before trying dresses on.

I think I will try on those fit & flare styles and see how they fit. As for budget, it will be around $3,000 - $4,000.

sillyberry

Brilliant_Rock
I don't have any dress suggestions, and the dresses you're looking at are beautiful, but definitely get thee into a salon and see what you like before you go too far down the road of coming up with a dream dress! It's always amazing how many people are sure they want X, Y, and Z from looking at pictures only to realize that M, N, and O make their heart sing in real life. I was sure I wanted a trumpet fit and definitely did not end up with one, so let yourself be surprised!

And more importantly, have fun with it!!!

sunshinebelle

Rough_Rock
Thank you so much for all the links! I think I am calming down a bit. :) Love your advice too sillyberry. I will just start trying dresses on and just have fun with it all.

Thank you ladies!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
sunshinebelle|1328634335|3120919 said:
Thank you so much for all the links! I think I am calming down a bit. :) Love your advice too sillyberry. I will just start trying dresses on and just have fun with it all.

Thank you ladies!

That bolded part is the more important part! Have a great time and try to pick a salon that will allow you to take photos if you can!

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
You should definitely look at Pronovias. They have some beautiful dresses-- our store has many with straps that aren't fitted. You are right that it's hard to find cap sleeves and low backs with an a-line skirt.

Also, Allure 8853 is a really pretty dress. Allure style 8634 is also not very fitted through the hip, it flows away rather nicely when you try it on.

Have you had a chance to try things on yet? That makes a HUGE difference!

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
With your budget you should be able to find what you are looking for. However if you want you could also check out www.preownedweddingdresses.com to see if the perfect dress was bought (either worn or not worn) in that budget from an even higher end designer and is being sold by a bride. They have many 2/3 dress brides and some who bought 10k dresses and selling them for less than half to recoup some of the costs. Keep in mind if you see something on that site you love-you can see if there is a store that carries it to try it on before you buy it from them.

http://www.preownedweddingdresses.com/dresses/41825/Monique-Lhuillier-Miranda-Size-2.html

This is out of budget (not sure if you'd even like it) but you can always make an offer
http://www.preownedweddingdresses.com/dresses/41772/Valentino-METIS-Size-4.html

http://www.preownedweddingdresses.com/dresses/41658/Monique-Lhuillier-Scarlet-Size-2.html

http://www.preownedweddingdresses.com/dresses/41395/Casablanca-2004-Size-10.html

http://www.preownedweddingdresses.com/dresses/22599/Michelle-Roth-Marina-Size-4.html

http://www.preownedweddingdresses.com/dresses/38863/Elie-Saab-Size-4.html

http://www.preownedweddingdresses.com/dresses/38865/Tara-Keely-2052-Size-6.html

These are just a few-but I have no doubt you can find what you are looking for :)

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
The ML Scarlet is one of my all-time favorite ML dresses. I LOVE the sexy open back with the more demure cap sleeves. No way I could have ever managed it with my bust size (and lack of budget to support it) but it is drop-dead gorgeous.

atp223

Shiny_Rock
Amys Bling|1328623247|3120812 said:

When I read the description of what the OP was looking for, the Bernadette was the first dress that popped into my mind!! Great minds think alike :)?

Amys Bling - have you tried on any Maggie sottero dresses? I think she is the designer I want to go with, but I haven't tried on any dresses yet. Just wondering if you has opinions! Sorry for the thread jack :).

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
atp223|1329078060|3124869 said:

When I read the description of what the OP was looking for, the Bernadette was the first dress that popped into my mind!! Great minds think alike :)?

Amys Bling - have you tried on any Maggie sottero dresses? I think she is the designer I want to go with, but I haven't tried on any dresses yet. Just wondering if you has opinions! Sorry for the thread jack :).

My dress is a Maggie dress- check out my wedding thread :) I loved it and it was a great price!

atp223

Shiny_Rock
Amys Bling|1329079884|3124885 said:
atp223|1329078060|3124869 said:

My dress is a Maggie dress- check out my wedding thread :) I loved it and it was a great price!

LOVE!!!! You were such a gorgeous bride! And the scenery was really pretty too!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results