shape
carat
color
clarity

Questions to ask Officiants and Photographers

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ve been browsing through the list of vendors provided by the place we''re getting married. There are 10 officiants named, 2 of which are also the wedding coordinators at the venue. Part of me thinks it would be easiest to choose one of them since they know the facility, although I''m not sure that should really matter. It can''t hurt to contact some others on the list but I''m not sure what to ask when interviewing them. Any ideas?

There are about 15 photographers listed. I''m excited to check out their websites but again, I''m not sure what to ask when contacting the photographers.

I''ll let my FI do most of the calling around when it comes to the DJ and possible ceremony musicians. He''s more into music than I am and that''s one thing I can delegate to him comfortably.
1.gif

Any recommendations are greatly apreciated!

ladykemma

Ideal_Rock
ask whether he/she has a dress code. i know our officiant would not wed us or let us use his church without having the dresses appproved by the "church lady" in advance.

our church required: had to have sleeves and up to the collar bone on the neckline. no backless, strapless, etc.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks LadyKemma! We''re not using a church though. We''re getting married at a restaurant/bird sanctuary -- the ceremony will be outside at their gazebo on the grounds and the reception will be indoors and on the patio. I could check to see if there''s any type of dress code at the venue anyway. Thanks for the suggestion!

ZoeFL

Rough_Rock
Hi zoebartlett
emsmile.gif

Not sure if these can be of any help.....

Officiants is probably solemnisers for us. The only questions we ask are:-

1) Are you available of XXX date?
2) Could you speak XXXX languages?
3) Is your licence to soleminise still valid?

As for Photograhpers:-

1) What''s their style of photography? Journalistic style? Candid moment? theatrical? etc
2) How many wedding does he take a year? (Quality vs Quantity)
3) How long does his editing process take? When can you have your photos?
4) What type of editing are included in the package?
5) Most important is to know what''s included in their package.
6) If it''s a well-known photographer, make sure it''s not his students taking your picture on your actual day.
I guess you have to be comfortable with their style. Do you want them to stage? to direct? the crowd or you? Are their work telling the stories as it is? What do you want from them?

That''s all I can think of for now!
5.gif

Z

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results