shape
carat
color
clarity

Purselover''s non pro pics and wedding details

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

purselover

Ideal_Rock

Since I love hearing about everyone else''s weddings I thought I would share some info from mine!

We were married December 26th in NY. The weather was about 35 degrees with on and off light rain. The ceremony was short and sweet about 15 minutes with a local judge. I walked down the aisle to a string quartet playing Here Comes the Sun, and DH and I had them play All You Need Is Love for the recessional.

After the ceremony we moved across town and started cocktails at noon. For cocktails we had 8 passed hors d''oeuvres including truffle potato croquettes, bacon wrapped scallops, and coconut chicken bites. We also had a fresh fruit, vegetable, dip, cheese and bread display as well as various stations, as well as various stations. During this time the quartet was playing music from the Nutcracker and other holiday favorites. Throughout the night there was an open bar as well as a holiday martini bar featuring a mistletoe martini, eggnog-tini, pear-tini, pomegranate-tini, and white chocolate peppermint-tini.

After the cocktail hour was dinner featuring a mozzarella and tomato salad followed by butternut squash soup. The guests then had an option of rib eye steak, some type of chicken, crab stuffed shrimp and eggplant parm. The quartet played through dinner until the cake cutting. The DJ then took over and we cut our delicious red velvet cake to When I''m 64 and then had our first dance to At Last. The guests then had dessert which was a slice of red velvet cake, cranberry creme brulee, a macaroon cookie and chocolate covered strawberry, with a sugar holly berry garnish. The guests then danced the rest of the afternoon away and left with a lovely favor of a bag of holiday wine and 3 types of homemade cookies while the children left with mason jars of ingredients to make cookies. There was also a to go station with coffee, tea, water and biscotti on the way out.

The good:
I loved our quartet they were absolutely amazing and I highly recommend a quartet to anyone. It was a wonderful touch and they played a wide variety of music.

Our holiday martini bar was a huge hit and got a lot of traffic. It was another great touch to the day and everyone raved about it.

The food was wonderful everyone complimented us on it, I didn''t eat too much but everything I tried was delicious.

The dessert was also wonderful the cake looked great and tasted good too, the creme brulees, macaroon and strawberry was fantastic as well.

The favors were all taken and everyone was so impressed the cookies were homemade. I could tell the favors were appreciated and were well worth the effort.

The bad:
I hated our photographer, he was pushy and we just didn''t mesh.

DH''s family were way too in my face before the ceremony they stalked the photographer and kept pushing pictures we had no interest in.

The DJ was awful and did not follow direction at all.

A lot of DH''s family didn''t bother showing up at the last minute which was frustrating.

Even though DH suggested we do wedding gifts for each other and was really excited when I agreed he forgot and didn''t get me anything

38.gif

Even though I said from the beginning I didn''t want a sweetheart table and wanted to sit with friend''s DH and his mom pushed one and I hated it the whole time, especially since DH was complaining what a mistake it was.

Overall while the wedding was nice it didn''t feel like mine. I would''ve enjoyed our wedding a lot more as a guest rather than the bride and I wish we had gone with the intimate destination wedding I dreamed of ..... but there''s always vow renewals!

Sorry for the novel, I''ll move onto pictures , here''s my bouquet

1226pbouquet2.jpg

purselover

Ideal_Rock
The only one where I''m in my actual wedding dress, I changed right before dinner

1226ivorydressp.jpg

treefrog

Brilliant_Rock
Awesome! What an incredible themed reception. I like all the little details. The appetizers and entrees sound delicious.
18.gif

Date: 12/30/2009 12:42:35 PM
Author: purselover
Overall while the wedding was nice it didn''t feel like mine. I would''ve enjoyed our wedding a lot more as a guest rather than the bride and I wish we had gone with the intimate destination wedding I dreamed of ..... but there''s always vow renewals!
I wasn''t expecting that ending. What a wonderful attitude!

Congratulations to you both.

Treefrog

Rock_of_Love

Brilliant_Rock
Yum!!! I wish I was there to eat all that yummy food and cake!!! Great pics!! Love the gingerbread houses!!! Soooo cute!!!

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
Im sorry that it didnt feel quite right for you, purselover
7.gif
but it did look fantastic
36.gif
that cake (and your shoes) are making me dribble...no really
9.gif

both your dresses look gorgeous - would love to see more pics of the ceremnony one
30.gif

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
I''m sorry you felt that way about your wedding, Purselover. I kinda felt the same way about mine, but everyone else said it was fantastic, so you (and I
5.gif
) just have to trust that it was, yanno?

The food and martinis sound amazing! Yum! What a great Christmas wedding you had.
36.gif

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
So sorry to hear the wedding wasn''t *quite* as you''d hoped, but everything looks (and sounds) beautiful! Congratulations on being married to your new DH
9.gif
9.gif

purselover

Ideal_Rock
Treefrog: thanks! I know a holiday wedding isn''t everyone''s idea of a great theme but I loved the festive elements we were able to add by doing it the day after Christmas. Haha DH and I discussed renewing our vows before we even got married we figure this way we can both have our dream wedding!

Rock of Love: thanks, I didn''t get to see them until the reception so I was a little worried how they would turn out but the gingerbread houses turned into a hit, the kids loved being able to take them home to devour.

Blackpaw: thanks, my shoes were one of my favorite parts I actually bought them before either dress! I wish I had more pics of the ceremony dress to show you but that''s the only one, hopefully someone got pics of the actual ceremony otherwise pro pics should have a ton. It''s actually the Avery dress from JCrew if you want to look online.

Ambergretchen: thanks I''m so excited to finally be a newlywed! Glad you enjoyed the pics.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results