shape
carat
color
clarity

Purple & Green wedding colors...ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/2/2008 6:24:23 PM
Author: miraclesrule
Thanks Gypsy!!
35.gif

I am going to google Hyacinth, since I haven''t a clue. I think bride has finally chosen to do what ephemery1 did and use mainly ivory in the centerpieces and most of her deep reddish purple for the bouquet. We are getting closer and closer to making definative choices.
36.gif

GRAPE hyacynth is the flower in there, actually.

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/2/2008 6:26:48 PM
Author: Gypsy

Date: 4/2/2008 6:20:30 PM
Author: ephemery1

Date: 4/2/2008 6:17:31 PM

Date: 4/2/2008 6:16:35 PM
Purple is my most favorite color in the whole world, so DH didn''t even bother arguing when I announced that would be our primary wedding color too.
2.gif
For bouquets and corsages, I did shades of purple with touches of deep red, but I think green works really nicely with purple too. For centerpieces, I actually went with all white flowers (hydrangeas on some tables, calla lillies/tulips on others) against a deep red/purple tablecloth, because I thought it looked nicer with the ballroom decor. So that might be a compromise your FI would be okay with... you get the bouquets you want, he gets more say over the centerpieces.

My bouquet, for reference:
Ephemery, when was your wedding date hon? You''ve got the grape hyacynth and some tulips in there. Plus some lovely purple callas? I have always loved your bouquet.
May 5th on the East Coast (Philly)... I gave my florist free reign to do her thing (just told her the colors I wanted, and specified no roses/carnations/etc) and she did a great job. You are sweet... that''s a high compliment coming from the reigning flower queen of PS!
9.gif
Spiring. or SUPER early summer. I thought so.

LOL at the reigning flower comment. Your florist did a fabulous job. Beautful!
Well you are!! Don''t think anyone would deny it.
5.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/2/2008 6:40:10 PM

Date: 4/2/2008 6:26:48 PM

Date: 4/2/2008 6:20:30 PM

Date: 4/2/2008 6:17:31 PM

Date: 4/2/2008 6:16:35 PM
Purple is my most favorite color in the whole world, so DH didn''t even bother arguing when I announced that would be our primary wedding color too.
2.gif
For bouquets and corsages, I did shades of purple with touches of deep red, but I think green works really nicely with purple too. For centerpieces, I actually went with all white flowers (hydrangeas on some tables, calla lillies/tulips on others) against a deep red/purple tablecloth, because I thought it looked nicer with the ballroom decor. So that might be a compromise your FI would be okay with... you get the bouquets you want, he gets more say over the centerpieces.

My bouquet, for reference:
Ephemery, when was your wedding date hon? You''ve got the grape hyacynth and some tulips in there. Plus some lovely purple callas? I have always loved your bouquet.
May 5th on the East Coast (Philly)... I gave my florist free reign to do her thing (just told her the colors I wanted, and specified no roses/carnations/etc) and she did a great job. You are sweet... that''s a high compliment coming from the reigning flower queen of PS!
9.gif
Spiring. or SUPER early summer. I thought so.

LOL at the reigning flower comment. Your florist did a fabulous job. Beautful!
Well you are!! Don''t think anyone would deny it.
5.gif

I think of myself as the flower picture fairy. LOL. A small FAT fairy with pretty wings and a LARGE backpack of pics she likes to sprinkle brides with. Nothing so daunting as a Queen or Goddess (Freke''s comments yesterday). I like flowers. And jewelry.
2.gif
I get to combine them on this board.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Tulips again... and virbinum and lisianthus... in a cute toile bucket. It's a spring thing... but could get a similar look with lisianthus and green hydrangeas.

6GYOSY.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
"Aubergine" callas and purple cymbidium orchids. There are "merlot" dalias in there too, which are summer flower, but you can get the look without those. The callas and orchids are expensive, but available year round. And it''s a very arresting bouquet.

eggplant gypsy.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Vivid purple blue orchids (dendrobium) and white callas and stephanotis. Probably some lisianthus in there too. Pretty much availavble year round.

blue orchid bouquetGYPS.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
This is more blue than purple.... but the same "blue" flowers come in more purple hues as well. Monkshood, delphiumium (which has the the loveliest shades especially if you get the varigated -- I can''t spell that) and hydrangea.

cp8.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
REALLY cool table centerpeices I just had to post. VERY vibrant and have amazing peacock feather accents.

large_imageCAB1VE06.jpg

rockzilla

Brilliant_Rock
I really like the eggplant gypsy one you posted....probably will run multiple hundreds of dollars though! Oh well...I think maybe the bridal bouquet will be the big splurge, and I will go less spendy on the centerpieces...

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/3/2008 12:24:07 AM
Author: rockzilla
I really like the eggplant gypsy one you posted....probably will run multiple hundreds of dollars though! Oh well...I think maybe the bridal bouquet will be the big splurge, and I will go less spendy on the centerpieces...
That's my favorite too, by far. The others are just in my 'archive'... but that one is in my favorite folder.
It will cost quite a bit. But that's a pretty large bouquet and you could do a smaller version of that. And it's not AS bad as it could be. The cymbidiums come on stems with about 10-12 blooms each... so your looking at two stems, and nice amount of expensive calla lillies. But, like you said it can be a splurge.

Good news is mid-august you can get the 'merlot' dalias pretty easily and they are fairly inexpensive. If you beef up the number of them you can limit the number of the callas which are the REAL big ticket problem.

http://www.fiftyflowers.com/flowers/AllFlowersOrchidsCymbidiumStandard_494.htm cymbidiums are about 30 a stem. So retail it at 100 for the orchids alone.

Dalias are around 4-5 bucks a stem max.

http://www.fiftyflowers.com/product/Burgundy-Black-Mini-Calla-Lily-Flower_86.htm or rather these : http://www.fiftyflowers.com/product/Deep-Purple-Wine-Bulk-Mini-Calla-Lilies_86.htm florists charge a ton for these. So add another 100 for the callas-- I'd say you need about 10.

And your at about 250 for the bouquet to 350 for the bouquet-- some places will qoute you 500 EASY for it though. It's an expensive, but lovely one. If I were qouted 250 I'd be fine with it. At 350, there better not be a bunch of additional fees and so forth.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

rockzilla

Brilliant_Rock
Of course, our reception site looks nothing like this (outdoors, kind of rustic..)

melindadan2.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/3/2008 12:50:09 AM
Author: rockzilla
Of course, our reception site looks nothing like this (outdoors, kind of rustic..)

The "fluffy" flowers in the short square vases are called stock. Inexpensive. And HARDY too.

mjso

Shiny_Rock
I just had to chime in about the "it''s a guy thing"...because I''m struggling to fit purple in for my FI. I so wanted green and blue for our color scheme, but he''s set on purple

So anyone who wants purple is more than welcome to borrow my FI :razz:

Erin

Ideal_Rock
remember if you go dark on both colors (especially if you add metallic gold) it ''could'' look Mardi Gras from afar

mintlavinvite.jpg

doodle

Brilliant_Rock
i''m with starset, and also, if you pick flowers that are too dark of a purple, they may look black in your photographs. i have a very similar aesthetic to your FI and love the clean, modern look, especially in colors that pop like that. the wedding you posted is in my inspiration folder! with that said, i think a bright, almost lime green paired with a darker purple and white keeps that graphic pop without being so girly your FI''ll freak, and it gives you tons of flower options with those colors. i''m using those exact colors in my wedding along with aqua and a medium blue (our wedding''s going to look like an old navy shopping bag, haha!), and in the process have fallen in love with spider mums because they''re so unique and in the right shade of green. i''m thinking the shades of purple and green in this photo, along perhaps with white, would be really cool and beautiful. this is a fun thread--i never realized how much I like purple!
3.gif

purple-bouquet_fs.jpg

rockzilla

Brilliant_Rock
I also really love this color of dress...though not sure about the style...

siridressiris.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results