shape
carat
color
clarity

Pronovias Brides: Come on down!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/26/2009 10:02:37 PM
Author: McG
I wore the Nerveo gown w/matching bolero and veil. Don''t have my formatted pics yet, so enjoy our Same Day Edit from StillMotion. No complaints with the gown, except it was taken in a little too much by my mom, and kept riding up...

OMG that was beautiful

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
I wore the Nerveo gown w/matching bolero and veil. Don''t have my formatted pics yet, so enjoy our Same Day Edit from StillMotion. No complaints with the gown, except it was taken in a little too much by my mom, and kept riding up...>

Wow, what a beautiful video! Thanks so much for sharing. I absolutely adore the Nerveo gown and you looked gorgeous in it.

dreaming of the day

Shiny_Rock
What a perfect video, I don''t even know you and I cried my eyes out!!! I am speechless. I said no videographer, but this has really made me reconsider.

KatyWI

Brilliant_Rock
I wore the Nerveo gown w/matching bolero and veil. Don''t have my formatted pics yet, so enjoy our Same Day Edit from StillMotion. No complaints with the gown, except it was taken in a little too much by my mom, and kept riding up...

Wow. That was unbelievably stunning. I''m reconsidering not having a viedeographer now too...

And I had just talked myself out of it!!!!!

Feralpenchant

Shiny_Rock
I just bawled my eyes out. Like sixteen times. I must have watched the intro a million times. Perfect, just perfect.

Warning, OFF TOPIC: I had never heard that song. I knew it was Ryan Tedder immediately. His voice is perfection. The only man other than my boyfriend that I would marry in a heartbeat. Haha.

McG

Rough_Rock
Thanks ladies! I said the same thing... no videographer, but once I saw StillMotion''s work, I had to do it, and had a tough time convincing the hushand too. The song is "Say" by onerepublic. I never heard it before either, and now I''m hooked. Perfect song! I wanna try to tone up my belly in preparation for my post wedding shoot in the summer. Wish me luck!

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
I wore the Nerveo gown w/matching bolero and veil. Don't have my formatted pics yet, so enjoy our Same Day Edit from StillMotion. No complaints with the gown, except it was taken in a little too much by my mom, and kept riding up...
Oh my goodness. That is just beautiful! Well that seals it for me, the quest for a videographer begins right now!

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
That is one of the most beautiful videos that I have ever seen!

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
Um, I really can''t help but threadjack to say, McG, oh my dear I could watch that video over and over again. That shot of you walking up behind your future husband and turning to giggle at him? Such a beautiful moment and well shot! Well, you MUST post every photo you get once they are ready! Congrats. You are absolutely gorgeous and you look so beautiful in the video!

panda08

Brilliant_Rock

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/31/2008 11:50:45 AM
Author: Lanie
Wow...I must have been looking at the most expensive dresses in the Pronovias collection then! I think I was seeing some for 2 and 3k! $1,500 is my max (without alterations) and if I can get one of these, i''m in! Keep the pics coming ladies!!! They are so pretty.
Lanie have you looked on ebay?

I know it isn''t the most ideal way to buy a dress but my plan is to find a Pronovias dress that i like from a retail store, figure out the approximate size i will be and then find one on ebay! (i figure whatever i buy, from a store in person or off the internet will need some sort of alteration).

I have just under a year to keep looking and there are a few on Australian ebay but there are over 100 more on International Ebay. I saw an auction end the other day for $157 US, and the dress was in Canada. Bargain!
36.gif

honey22

Ideal_Rock
McG - your video was absolutely breathtaking. I sat there and bawled like a baby watching it, the love and emotion shared between you and your hubby was also material, it''s so real. Thanks so much for sharing, and congrats to you both on your marriage!!!!!!!!!!!!!

idreamofcushions

Brilliant_Rock
McG - That was beautiful! I was seriously pushing back the tears. What an incredible way to capture the wedding day.

You are stunning and that dress was perfection! You and your DH look so in love!

pocahontas

Brilliant_Rock
I wore the Nerveo gown w/matching bolero and veil. Don't have my formatted pics yet, so enjoy our Same Day Edit from StillMotion. No complaints with the gown, except it was taken in a little too much by my mom, and kept riding up...
Wow, McG, you were an absolutely stunning bride! Your video is incredible! I was pushing back the tears from the moment it started and then totally lost it when you stepped out of the limo and started crying. I cried through the ceremony too. Seriously, your videographers did an amazing job capturing the beauty and emotion of the day. Congrats on your marriage
36.gif

katica

Shiny_Rock
I tried on the Pronovias Respiro today and wow it felt like the ONE!!

respiro2.jpg

KatyWI

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/29/2009 12:16:52 AM
Author: katica

Ahem. PICTURES OF YOU IN SAID DRESS, PLEASE!!!

katica

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/29/2009 12:23:22 AM
Author: KatyWI

Date: 3/29/2009 12:16:52 AM
Author: katica

Ahem. PICTURES OF YOU IN SAID DRESS, PLEASE!!!
I would have loved to take pictures but the salon didn''t allow any pictures!! Doesn''t that suck? I don''t know why... I was planning to take some too so I can remember the other dresses and show them to my family as well.
7.gif
Has anyone else had that problem?

KatyWI

Brilliant_Rock
It happens a lot that salons don''t let you take pictures... they want to prevent you from finding the dress someplace else that might be cheaper!! They also depend on people impulse buying dresses they like RIGHT THEN, and not going home to look at pictures and think about it!

But if you know exactly what dress it is, that doesn''t make quite as much sense! You could probably find the dress at another salon that allows pictures... maybe you can call and ask before you visit any more salons?

I''m bummed that you don''t have pictures of you in it! I bet it was beautiful!

katica

Shiny_Rock
Yeah it doesn''t make any sense, especially because when I went in there I specifically asked to see that dress so they knew that I knew the designer and style.
One of the other dresses fit me a bit more snugly and was also beautiful but they wouldn''t tell me the designer or anything. I just have a style number for it. The only problem I had with it was that everyone''s (the sales ladies and my bridesmaid) first reaction to the second (not the Pronovias) dress was "wow sexy". I''m not a prude and have no problem dressing sexy for my evenings out but I''m not exactly sure that''s the first reaction I want everyone to have at my wedding. Also I looked at the tag inside the dress and it said "Made in China" - now I might be totally off base but do good wedding gown designers have their dresses made there? And it was $1350.. that''s within my budget but for a dress made in China isn''t a bit steep?
Now the Pronovias, I think they''re all made in Spain right?

KatyWI

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, the Pronovias dresses are all constructed to your personal measurements in Barcelona.

I can''t wait to have my first fitting so I can put on that confection of Alencon lace in my perfect size!! [Well, hopefully it will be too big! ;-)]

katica

Shiny_Rock
Katy I love your chosen dress :) Just scrolled up to take a look. It reminds me of the Nalon that I also tried on today

KatyWI

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you! I love it too :) I put it on, and I just knew. I definitely had the AHA moment that people talk about. I took a picture of my best friend crying when I was walking around in it!

I should probably post more pictures... I only ever posted that one! I think I''ll wait until the fitting, that way I won''t have to be embarrassed about how poorly the sample fit me... and that silly bow will be gone! I am sooo not a bow person =)

What other dresses have you considered? Or was this your first shopping trip? Do you have more scheduled?

katica

Shiny_Rock
Yeah I wasn't crazy about the bow on the Nalon either! lol
I also considered the Sabina, it was my original favourite. It's a Manuel Mota for Pronovias. However, I found it really hard to even find a sample at the few stores I called. And one of the stores told me a MM dress will start at 2600.. so while I was totally in love with it, I love the Respiro just as much and it goes for 1K less.. so I figured why not. :)
It was my first shopping trip. I know Pronovias can take a while to order in and I'm getting married this October so I better make up my mind. I feel kind of bad about not taking my mom with me, or even my MOH. I went with my fiance's sister instead. Some other girls there had 6 people with them!
I want to try another trip later this week :) Trying on all those dresses was more fun than I thought. Hey even I after I get married I might pretend to be a bride and go try more on! Haha!

KatyWI

Brilliant_Rock
Yes you should hurry! I went on December 27th, and my dress isn''t scheduled in until JUNE 13TH!!!
23.gif
So I''m really looking forward to it, but you may want to pay a rush fee! (Depending on how much it is!) My mom didn''t even get to go with me, because she was sick!! I was so disappointed that I found my dress without my mom... we are super close, she is basically my best friend. I plan on making the first fitting day a day for just us to spend together and squeal about wedding stuff!

Manuel Mota dresses are a little more expensive, sadly... I *would* fall in love with the priciest dress I tried on... Oy. I was a little limited because I knew I couldn''t have a strapless dress. My shoulders are so broad that I look like a flesh fountain in strapless dresses!
7.gif

The Respiro is STUNNING, though. You can''t be disappointed with any of the dresses, really... they''re just so amazing!

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
HawaiianOrange,

Hi! THanks for the suggestion. I ended up buying one! I got a La Sposa (which is Pronovias) for just a smidge over my budget. So I was thrilled!!!

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
And McG, your wedding video was great! Thanks for sharing that! Your dress and bolero and veil all looked divine!!!

lindsaylove

Shiny_Rock
My dress came in!! I only have a couple photos and they aren''t the best shots but will include them anyway.
1.gif

lpfront1.jpg

lindsaylove

Shiny_Rock
And the back....

eta: eek, sorry they're so big!!

lpback.jpg

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Orchid you look awesome in your dress!! I love that neckline, so purty!

lindsaylove

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Sunny!
9.gif
Love your dress too!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results