shape
carat
color
clarity

Please help :)

Ladybug1

Shiny_Rock
Hi sweet ladies! So my Fiancé and I are moving forward with our planning for our June 30th wedding, save the dates have been sent, venue locked in ( the surf and sand in Laguna Beach, Ca) photographer, cake, DJ, catering, linens, flowers, all almost done but I am struggling with the appropriate wording for our invitations in regards to the dress code. My Fiancé wants it super formal, I want it formal as well but with some breathing room for our guests so they do not feel cornered to have to go and get a tux....He is from Latin America where everyone he knows owns a tux and would wear one but I am from Cali, much more casual :). Ok, so how would you suggest I word that on the invitation? Formal Attire? We would like the men to at least wear suits and the the ladies nice dresses, I would love everyone to be in a long dress just because I love that look but I know that's not always easy so I do not want to demand that.... Any thoughts or opinions appreciated!

sonnyjane

Ideal_Rock
Well, tuxes and long dresses would be "black tie". Suits and dresses (no specification on length) would be "formal", so it's not a question of how to word it on the invite, but more a question of you deciding which you want people to wear. If your fiancee wants the guys in tuxes and you want the girls in long dresses, then it would be "black tie". If you want guys in suits and aren't too picky about the length of the girl's dresses, then just say "formal".

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Black Tie Optional = tuxedo or dark suit for men; long dress, cocktail dress or dressy evening suit / separates for women.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results