shape
carat
color
clarity

Pictures...Trial Hair and Makeup!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LauraSLP07

Shiny_Rock
I had my trial hair and makeup done yesterday. I had the makeup done at Merle Norman. It definately took me awhile to get used to because I hardly EVER wear mascara, eyeliner, or blush! At first I thought it was too much, but I think it looks very natural in the pictures!

As for my hair, I really want to wear it twisted half back and curly. My stylist did a good job with what I described! Unfortunately, after I got home, the curl started drooping in about 2 hours! Granted, it was a bit rainy, but my wedding will be in very humid July weather. I am thinking that I may need to try some sort of updo as well!

What do you all think?
12.gif

Hair Trial 2.JPG

LauraSLP07

Shiny_Rock
Next time, she will make smaller twists to the back....7 instead of 5.

ETA - You can also see some of the purple/blue eyeliner that she used! Kinda funky, but matched my colors!

Hair Trial 1.JPG

LauraSLP07

Shiny_Rock
The back....some of the curl wasn''t as tight as I wanted, but this was....she said....a TRIAL!

Hair Trial 3.JPG

LauraSLP07

Shiny_Rock
I look goofy in this one because I was laughing.....
21.gif

Hair Trial 4.JPG

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
I love it, but I also think an updo would look great!! I can''t wait to see the next trial. The make-up does look very natural I think. I don''t wear a ton of make-up either, so I will probably feel like it''s a lot also! haha. You want it to be enough to show in photos though, which this definitely does so I think it''s perfect.
36.gif

LauraSLP07

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Sarah! I''m glad you like the makeup.
1.gif
For awhile I thought it looked kinda 80s because she used a blue eyeshadow on my eyes, but once it was blended with a pale lavender, it looked really pretty!

I am still not sure about a full updo because I don''t like to show much of my ears. Does anyone have any suggestions for an updo with lots of curls that looks polished, but not too tight?

ringster

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/27/2008 9:06:27 PM
Author: LauraSLP07

Does anyone have any suggestions for an updo with lots of curls that looks polished, but not too tight?

not sure if you saw this, but i posted some pics in this thread of america ferrera''s updo - she has tons of curls and it looks so pretty!

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/had-my-hair-trial.83979/

this link has lots of pics of her at different angles

http://justjared.buzznet.com/2007/09/16/america-ferrera-emmys-2007/

LauraSLP07

Shiny_Rock
ringster -

I do like America Ferrera''s updo...it looks very soft. I definately want my hair off the side of my face though!

Oh yeah, I forgot to post the picture of my ''desired'' half-updo. Perhaps my stylist could do the same type of twists in the front, and just pin the rest of my hair up off of the back of my neck. I''ll have to talk to her!
1.gif

Any other suggestions?

twist front half updo.jpg

ringster

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/27/2008 10:24:11 PM
ringster -

I do like America Ferrera's updo...it looks very soft. I definately want my hair off the side of my face though!

Oh yeah, I forgot to post the picture of my 'desired' half-updo. Perhaps my stylist could do the same type of twists in the front, and just pin the rest of my hair up off of the back of my neck. I'll have to talk to her!
1.gif

Any other suggestions?

that pic looks pretty! do you have some views of the front?

i think that for your trial pics that the front doesn't have enough height. i am not getting a proportional feel with the hairstyle. also, i think less hair should be pulled back so that it will look more like your inspiration pic. then you would not need to go for the updo. i actually really like that pic and think it will look good on you.

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Jeez, the machine ate my post. Grrrrrr

You have the most gorgeous eyes and the shades she used really make them POP.

And you were blessed with a hearty headful of hair
36.gif
I agree with ringstar when she suggests that you could pull back less hair to be closer to your inspiration pic.

And if you are worried about the curls in the humidity (Something I didn''t fully understand until a business trip back east), than I think an updo would be smashing on you. I would be as curious as a cat to see an updo on you.
30.gif

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Hi Laura,

You look lovely, and I agree, I think the makeup looks lovely!

I also think tighter curls would look better, and I adore your inspiration pic!

Thanks for sharing with us!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Pretty lady!!

I agree: tigher curls, less pulled back, a little more height (I love your hair piece). Um... can I make a quick ittybitty comment???

I'm almost afraid to... but, um. I don't think your brows are the most flattering shape for your beautiful face. Have you had them professionally shaped? I think they would bring out your bright eyes even more if they were re-shaped a bit. *don'tshootme*

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Your makeup does look very fresh and natural! It's so funny that way, isn't it? You can spend two hours in a makeup chair and feel CAKED and yet you still look like you must have just found the perfect tinted moisturizer
3.gif

Date: 4/28/2008 2:23:29 AM
Author: Gypsy
I'm almost afraid to... but, um. I don't think your brows are the most flattering shape for your beautiful face. Have you had them professionally shaped? I think they would bring out your bright eyes even more if they were re-shaped a bit. *don'tshootme*
I see what you're saying, Gypsy! Eyebrows are so incredibly important. They take so long to change, though!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/27/2008 9:06:27 PM
Does anyone have any suggestions for an updo with lots of curls that looks polished, but not too tight?
I saved this pic of Eva Longoria because I LOVED her hair, it''s just so romantic!

0000040852_20070703105612.jpg

ringster

Brilliant_Rock
ok, please don't hit me either. i kind of feel that your makeup person could do a better job on your lips. seems like they could have done a better job to fill out your upper lip and maybe thin out your lower lip. i think it would help balance out each other. and you have such nice lips - i don't think she did them justice!

9.gif

LauraSLP07

Shiny_Rock
ringster - I''m glad you like my inspiration pic. My stylist definately had the right idea, but I will suggest for more height and tighter twists! Unfortunately, I don''t have any other views of the hairstyle. Can anyone find any that are similar?

miraclesrule - Thanks so much! I have always gotten compliments on my eyes, but I guess I never really did my eyemakeup very well because even my FI told me that it was very pretty!

Harleigh - I will definately try for tighter curls! Thanks!
1.gif

Gypsy - I''m not going to shoot you! HaHa! I appreciate your honesty. I have always had issues with my brows, but cannot have them waxed because I am on topical treatments for mild acne and it will rip my skin! (It happened once before...ouch!) My brows are very oddly shaped nowadays because I tried to shave them instead of tweeze them when I was like 13 years old. They never grew back the same. I have tried to grow them out and start fresh, but I don''t have the patience! Can you think of a celebrity who has good eyebrows that I can ''model'' mine after? Maybe it will give me some inspiration/patience to start over!

Musey - Yeah, I felt like I had so much foundation on, but I did want maximum coverage for my problem skin! Luckily it looks very fresh and in the pictures! Oh, and I think Eva Longoria is soooooo gorgeous! Her hair looks very light and airy in that pic!

ringster again - I have never really known what to do with my lips. I know a lot of women pay tons of money for injections to have big, fuller lips like mine, but I get sick of them! I have had stitches in my upper lip 2 times. Once when I fell off my bike at 8 years old and kissed the pavement and again 2 years ago when a plastic surgeon tried to fix the swollen bump that the old stitches left behind. You really think I should make my upper lip more filled out? I was always embarassed to draw too much attention to it!

Krissie

Brilliant_Rock
You have such a pretty, glowing look! I really like how she did your eyes. Your hair is gorgeous as well, but I agree the curls should probably be a bit tighter if you are going to use that style. Otherwise, I love the Eva Longoria look that was posted above.

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Your makeup looks FANTASTIC. It looks natural but still done up, so I'd say it's a total winner. Can't help much with the updo's but you've got a nice face that a sweet romantic look would be perfect!

Re: your brows, maybe you can have them tweezed instead of waxed. And I know it's a issue among most beauty professionals, but you could also try threading. I personally am a fan of threading, but it kinda gets a bum rap from the professionals. Both tweezing and threading only pull the hairs, and not the skin. Since you said your skin is so sensitive, just thought it should be something you look into.

Erin

Ideal_Rock
I think your makeup looks great. My suggestion is to try a blush that is maybe one shade ''Pinker'' than the one you have on in the picture.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I know what you mean about them being a pain to grow out. But you have until July... so I think it''s doable. I would have them done by someone who just plucks them. No threading or waxing. If you go to Macy''s some of the ladies there will just pluck (no wax). I would grow them out then get them done two weeks before the wedding. Then re-touched (if needed) a few days before the wedding. Here''s a pic of some brows I think would look amazing on you.

Also I know you are self concious about the lips, but they are BEAUTIFUL. And you aren''t going to be walking around with a fat lip or stitches on your wedding day. I think some definition on the upper lip would be ideal.

eyebrow Laura GYPS.jpg

LauraSLP07

Shiny_Rock
Krissie - The ''glowing'' look is exactly what I was going for. I''m glad you like the eyes....to me it looked like a bit much at first, but I love how it looks in the pictures!

lliang_chi - I am definately not going to get waxed before the wedding...I usually tweeze my own brows, but apparently need to re-evaluate the shape. BTW, I have heard about threading, but don''t know of any salons/spas in my area that offer it! Maybe that is something I should look into!

Starset Princess - That is a good suggestion about the blush. I usually don''t go for pinks, but I bet it would look good in the pictures!

Gypsy - That is the eyebrow shape that I have always loved....so natural! I bet it is a lot easier to maintain than my man brows! HaHa! Unfortunately, it seems like some of my hairs just don''t want to grow in the right spots! I''m willing to give it a try though! Time to hide my tweezers!
1.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love your make-up. I agree that tighter curls would be better but the whole look is amazing overall!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
See my thread on threading. If your skin tears easily (mine does above my eye, see pics on second page of that thread, you''ll see the scabs, they are small, but I wouldn''t want them their for the wedding!) I''m don''t think I''d recommend it. I''d stick to plucking. I think if you grow out the eyebrows and go to a professional you will get the look you want. It IS natural, but it''s a PITA to get right if you don''t know how. I think it''s worth a shot.
2.gif

LauraSLP07

Shiny_Rock
Gypsy - I really like the overall shape of your eyebrows! Maybe I will look into a salon/spa that offers threading. How much does it cost in comparison with waxing/tweezing?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well. Macy''s does the brows for 15-25. My waxing salon charges me 15. I think the threading place charged around there for eyebrows. I''m not sure. I got the entire face and it was my first time paying for threading, so it was a package price. Call around though.

ringster

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/28/2008 8:30:48 AM

ringster again - I have never really known what to do with my lips. I know a lot of women pay tons of money for injections to have big, fuller lips like mine, but I get sick of them! I have had stitches in my upper lip 2 times. Once when I fell off my bike at 8 years old and kissed the pavement and again 2 years ago when a plastic surgeon tried to fix the swollen bump that the old stitches left behind. You really think I should make my upper lip more filled out? I was always embarassed to draw too much attention to it!

don't be embarassed! like you said, lots of people pay good money to get your lovely lips! they are the uber kissable kind as i'm sure your FI knows
31.gif

but i would make sure that the makeup person doesn't just fill out your upper lip but that she also balances it out by minimizing a smidge your lower lip so that it can be a bit more proportional. that would look killer!

re: eyebrows - i don't remember where you are located but if you have a Benefit makeup counter, i think they do a pretty good with eyebrow shaping. i'm getting mine done by a woman who used to work for benefit and she is really good. i had also went several years ago for my first eyebrow shaping to the benefit store. i've been pretty happy with both experiences so benefit is doing something right.

it's amazing what just a few tweaks here and there can do. the other thing that i found is that they not only tweeze but they also use scissors to shape the eyebrows. this is something that i am horrible at doing. i usually try to do it myself but because of the wedding i did not want to take any chances so have been going to the pro to get it done.

LauraSLP07

Shiny_Rock
ringster -

Thanks for the input! I will definately suggest to my makeup artist what you mentioned she should do for my lips! It is always nice to have things more proportional!
1.gif

As far as the Benefit Makeup, I haven''t really heard much about them, but will definately look into it! Do they mostly just tweeze and trim with scissors or do they wax? I am more interested in tweezing because then I can try to maintain the shape on my own in-between! I am in the Pittsburgh area and just found out via Google that there is a Benefit Makeup Counter in the Macys about 20 minutes from my house. Who knew? HaHa!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results