shape
carat
color
clarity

Our wedding and the "Perfect Storm"

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
We''re not home yet, but our B&B in Maine has wireless, so here I am on PS on the last night of the honeymoon! I couldn''t wait to get back to LA to post a few pics. I have a very understanding husband
21.gif

For the entire week leading up to the wedding, the weather report predicted scattered thunderstorms and a 30% chance of rain. Well, that 30% became 100% at 5PM, one hour before we were supposed to board the boat for the wedding. Then, the anvil clouds rolled in, the lightning started flashing over the harbor, and the skies opened up, just in time for the formal photos. So we threw the rain plans into effect, had the caterer hightail it up the hill to our inn and set up in the dining room there, and we got hitched in the parlor in front of the fireplace. And the awesome part was that we still got to go for our moonlight sail afterwards, because the weather cleared up during dinner and the captain was willing to wait for us and stay out later than originally planned.

I''ll go into more detail later, but here''s a few teaser pics. I LOVE this first one, because it captures the mood of the afternoon: The best man, my new MIL, and the photographer under an umbrella taking pictures.

765.jpg

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
This is the inn where we were staying, and ended up getting married. It''s on a hill overlooking Gloucester Harbor.

663.jpg

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Us, just before the rain started.

723.jpg

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Oops, can''t see anything there. Here''s me, feeling the first drops start to hit.

737.jpg

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
Selki, by the tone of your post it sounds like the storm didn''t ''rain on your parade'' and you had a great day!
I love that your pics tell a story and have a lot of depth to them..., and the location looked gorgeous. Post more !

And you know what ''they'' say..rain on your wedding day is good luck!!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
wow the inn looks amazing!! Would love to see a couple more pics!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
more pics please!! The inn looks beautiful!

mainemomof2

Rough_Rock
It looks like the storm didn''t put a damper on your day! Where in Maine did you get married? I can''t wait for more pictures! Your location, although rainy, looks amazing!

firebirdgold

Ideal_Rock
WOOHOOO!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
CONGRATULATIONS SELKIE!!
36.gif
36.gif

It sounds like a wonderful wedding, rain and all! Besides, it''s supposed to be good luck if it rains on your wedding day!
2.gif
I can''t wait to see the photos, particularly of you and your new dh getting married in front of the fire.

But for now, ENJOY YOUR HONEYMOON!!!
35.gif

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mainemom, They got married at Gloucester Harbor, which is is MA. Selkie, I''m sorry it rained and you couldn''t get married on the boat (schooner?), but I''m sure it was just as special. I''d love to see more pictures and hear more details. I love your flowers by the way!!

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Us, with my dad''s 1931 Model A...

1732.jpg

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Ah... I''m sorry you missed out on the boat wedding, but it sounds like your rain plans were perfect and the moonlight sail sounds wonderful!!! Enjoy your honeymoon!!! Then get back here with more pics!!!

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
This was our gorgeous cake. Despite getting rained on a bit (!) it held up nicely. Good thing I chose an aquatic theme to start with, I guess! The top layer was yellow cake with lemon filling, and the bottom was rich chocolate with a raspberry chocolate ganache filling. YUM! We ate it for breakfast the next morning too
30.gif

bjcake1.jpg

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
This was the schooner we were supposed to get married on. This was taken earlier on the day of the wedding, from the yard of the B&B. Weather was still fine then...

ETA: Aljdewey had her reception on the same boat.

lannon1.jpg

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
My bouquet...I ordered the roses, berries, and grass from freshroses.com. They arrived Thursday (2 days before the wedding) and were perfect by Saturday. I thought I''d have time to make the bouquet myself, but got too busy on Friday and Saturday, so my awesome friends rescued me by putting this together while we were at a salon. I had a massage and manicure that morning, and I reeeeeallly enjoyed it. I''m sure the mimosas didn''t hurt either!

dresserbouq.jpg

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
I hope this one comes out a little clearer. Our photog. took tons of pictures of us with the car, and I think they''ll be some of the most fun ones. J had a fedora, and in some of the pics we were posing like Bonnie and Clyde.

100_1348.jpg

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
One last one, then I have to get some sleep. This was probably the coolest part of the whole day, out of a number of very special things that happened. Right after the ceremony, while we were waiting for the caterers to get dinner set up, we went back outside to get some more photos since the rain was starting to let up. As we were heading out, the sun broke through the clouds, and we got an amazing rainbow. The spooky part is that in all the rush to get out the door, I actually remembered to start the reception music for the guests who were waiting inside, and the first song on the playlist was ''Somewhere Over the Rainbow/Wonderful World'' which I had chosen as our recessional. Very, very special.

100_1342.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results