shape
carat
color
clarity

Non-Traditional Songs To Walk Down The Aisle

StacylikesSparkles

Brilliant_Rock
Did anyone do this? I don't want to walk down the aisle to any classical music. Even if you haven't done anything crazy yourself, do you have any suggestions for me?

gem_anemone

Brilliant_Rock
We had a harpist and she played "Can't help falling in love with you". I think that song has been used a lot in movies and what not. Our wedding party walked to "Bless the broken road" which is a Rascall Flatts song. I don't care for country, but my husband does and unless you know the song you would never have known. :)

If we would have used recorded music I would have walked to "Heartbeats" (Jose Gonzalez version), but we ended up using that as our first dance song.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
in 1985, we walked down to a sung version of Edelweiss but not the words from the Sound of Music, it was another version and it was soothing but not 'draggy or conservative' at all. I can't remember what the words were... google??

but I admit, that WAS 1985!

joyluck

Rough_Rock
For my wedding in June, both my bridal party and myself walked down to non-traditional songs. My husband and I picked songs that were meaningful for us, plus I think it really set the tone for our ceremony.

My bridal party walked down to Clara C's "Heartstrings" and I walked down to Marie Digby's "I Do." These two wonderful women are very popular on YouTube, though I wish the US would wake up and give them more credit where it's due!

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
We ended up going traditional, as our church had a lovely pipe organ and the organist's fee was included with our rental.

Had we not, "Here Comes the Sun" was going to be a part of our program.

I know you had mentioned adding HP touches to your wedding...if you're using recorded music, this would be a great place to slip some of that in!

How about "All You Need Is Love"? Or "What a Wonderful World"?

"My Girl" for your walk down the aisle?

The feather theme from Forrest Gump is also really beautiful if you want an instrumental...

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you have a favorite movie?

I'm a big Mandy Moore fan, and I like her movie, "A Walk to Remember". We are going to walk down the aisle to Switchfoot's version of "Only Hope".

aviastar

Brilliant_Rock
I walked down the aisle to Mark Knopfler's 'Storybook Love', the theme from The Princess Bride. It was really important to me that this be part of the ceremony. Our wedding party walked to 'Romantic Flight' instrumental from the score of How to Train Your Dragon- a movie we both love, quote, watch all the time. And we left the alter together to 'Starlight' by Muse. Muse is our favorite, and that song in particular means something to us. It was all recorded music. My mom kinda gave me a look about the Muse, but it was perfect and us and everybody loved it.

Something to think about, though- I had a long walk in which was good because 'Storybook Love' takes a bit to gear up into the recognizable parts; but we had a shorter walk out and I wish we had gotten to hear more 'Starlight'. I could have edited the tracks, but it's kinda a hassel and besides, I like the songs as they are. So keep in mind walking time when choosing music.

So yes, we went untraditional!

affguy

Shiny_Rock
I don't really know the logistics yet (15 days out...yikes!), but the basic concept is somehow I end up at the front waiting for my groomsmen to walk the bridesmaids down the aisle...for this I picked Pearl Jam's "Just Breathe", which is actually a love song about everyday life, not the funeral dirge most people think. Then my bride is going to walk to Bright Eyes' "First Day of my Life". I fully expect our officiant to be in tears on a few occasions, and we each wrote some pretty heartfelt vows (only our officiant has read both, and he says they're similar in length and tone), so we figured we can get away with a humorous recessional. Thus...Social Distortion's "Ball and Chain" :naughty: :D

manderz

Brilliant_Rock
My best friend just got married a few weeks ago, and this was her song. We each had a specific word to start walking on (it was only her and I walking, no other bridesmaids). It was amazing, and so perfect for them. She cut it off at about 2:25, right before it got a bit more upbeat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cVZuJP6YRU&feature=plcp

Another friend, several years ago, walked down the aisle to a 311 song. Amber, I think.

justginger

Ideal_Rock
I walked to "Victor's Piano Solo" from the Corpse Bride - my husband and I both immediately loved it the first time we heard it. :))

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like Lost In The Moment by Big & Rich..it is a beautiful song with beautiful lyrics, perfect for a wedding.

StacylikesSparkles

Brilliant_Rock
Ok, so we decided on the bridesmaids walking down to 'Ho Hey' by the Lumineers and I walked down to 'Angel' by Jack Johnson...so lovely! :) After they announced us as husband and wife, we walked to 'Together Forever' by Rick Astley...it was hilarious!

StacylikesSparkles

Brilliant_Rock
pandabee|1350483452|3287014 said:
aww I love Ho Hey!!! great song choices!

Thanks! :) My Dad even told me I made great choices, which is awesome because he usually doesn't like what I pick lol

chloeishere

Shiny_Rock
StacylikesSparkles, we also decided to use "Ho Hey" for our ceremony (it's pretty much the ONLY thing we've decided for the ceremony, actually), but it's going to play after the ceremony, when we are walking back down the aisle! We were just listening to it, and I was like, Hey. This song is perfect for that, and I love the light-hearted, joyful feel to it. Linky: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvCBSSwgtg4 I was worried it's a little too country feeling (we're not really country music fans) but I love this song and I think it's perfect for our ceremony.

I don't know what I'm walking down the aisle to, yet. We won't be in a church. I'm not planning on using the Wedding March, but my mom thinks Canon in D would be great. If I don't find anything I like better, I guess that's okay but it's not really the feel I want (joyful rather than serious). I'll keep an eye on this thread for more ideas!

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
Really wanted to get married to Buster Rhymes feat. Mariah Carey "I Know What You Want".
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPQOocpX2UE

Didn't really mesh with the traditional cathedral church wedding though - the organ music was actually amazing.

But I do still threaten to play this if we ever renew our vows. :Up_to_something:

mjertl

Shiny_Rock
we're having a classical acoustic guitarist play at our ceremony, but don't want classical music either. I'm going to walk down the aisle to "Grow old with me" by John Lennon. Here's a link to our guitarist playing it. I get a little emotional every time I hear it :)
http://www.rudeguitar.com/yahoo_site_admin/assets/docs/Finished_Grow_Old_With_Me.207194736.mp3

we wanted to walk back down the aisle to "whole lotta love" by Led Zeppelin. We both think it'd be hilarious and fun, but it's more of an electric guitar song... Think we'll probably walk back down to "All you need is love"

StacylikesSparkles

Brilliant_Rock
I just love that people are stepping out of the box and walking to fun options that aren't so traditional :appl:

sweetpea&babycorn

Brilliant_Rock
I know it's been over a year since this thread was active,but I loved all the ideas and was thinking the same for my ceremony...

I love love love Ingrid MIchaelson's version of "Can't Help Falling in Love" but FI hates the song.

I am strongly considering walking down the aisle to Sara Bareilles' "I Choose You." It's a little more upbeat but I love the song so much.

iluvshinythings

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I walked down the aisle to an instrumental version of Ben Fold's "The Luckiest". It was meaningful to us. I don't think anyone else recognized it. We exited to "Ho Hey" after I read this thread.

I love "Can't Help Falling in Love" too (we got married in Vegas so we had it during the candle lighting). If you FI isn't in love with it though.... I bet you can find something you both love.

We waited until the last minute to make our selections and it turned out to be a lot of fun.

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
Now that I'm in actual planning mode I will have to go back through and investigate everyone else's choices too!! I'm so looking forward to picking a neat song to represent us.

antiquesparkler

Brilliant_Rock
I am walking in to "When you say nothing at all" but the Keith Whitley version. That is SO's favorite 'us' song and it will be a suprise to him. :))

Chewbacca

Brilliant_Rock
I love hearing what people choose for their wedding music!

I walked to Mahgeetah by My Morning Jacket. What we originally wanted didn't fit the length of the church, so we chose this one because A) it fit! and B) it set the tone perfectly.

SO chose a couple of experimental pop songs to play while we signed the registry that I'm sure had our relatives questioning our taste (ha ha!), and we walked out to Golden Years by David Bowie.

We didn't use 'our' song because its about dying, not super appropriate! :shock:

lalitv74

Rough_Rock
"The First Day of My Life" by Bright Eyes. The lyrics are so perfect and that has been FH's and I song for years.

sweetpea&babycorn

Brilliant_Rock
So cute guys!! I'm glad I'm not the only one who is tired of Pachabel's canon and blah blah. I love "First Day of My Life" - have you seen the video?? so cute!! And my friend walked down the aisle to "The Luckiest" by Ben Folds, it was a really great surprise, and so sweet, made me cry. Aren't we such great women by choosing songs that fit both us and our future hubbies? ;-)

The final song I chose is "Kiss Me" by Ed Sheeran. Easier to walk down, sweet lyrics, and we're both fans of Ed Sheeran. Our first dance is a song by him too.

Excited to hear what you decide to choose Panda!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results