shape
carat
color
clarity

My Florist quote~!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
Ok... so I sent pictures to a florist of what I wanted...I had been hearing how well he works with your budget and is really good and the most inexpensive in town.. so I thought... okay... hey why not.. lets give it a try to see if its near my budget for my DIY... Okay well when I got my first quote back it was $922... Which was way over what I originally had wanted... I had thought about $500 but then was like $750 would be my max for everything and I added everything up at fiftyflowers to see what my total would be and it was like $680... then I'd need to buy supplies like foam, shears and what not..and then STRESS...

WELL i emailed him back and told him my budget was $750 and what could we do to get it to around $800-825, and he came back with $740!!!!! ;-) I was very excited... I think Im getting a pretty good deal...

Here is what Im getting:
1. My bouquet- purple/hot pink carnations and hot pink roses...OH and a toss bouquet
MBQdlxrasfiz_lov09_l.jpg

2. 3 bouts...
3. 7 centerpieces that have the carnations along the bottom (they will be manzanite like trees with crystals)
bbflower1.jpg

4. 7 centerpieces that have 3 vases each
bbflower2.jpg

kinda like that pic.. BUT.. these are the vases.. and the taller one will be alot bigger because I want to hang crystals from it ;-)
bbpracticingcenterpiece2.jpg

Do ya'll think I got a good deal?? 14 centerpieces and my bouquet, toss bouquet, and 3 bouts?? I havent given my deposit yet, was going to this week :)

teapot

Shiny_Rock
That is an amazing deal if you consider DIY-ing it would cost you $680. That is totally worth it, and the best part, the florist stresses over getting things done, and not you. congrats.

Blair138

Brilliant_Rock
That''s an AMAZING DEAL! I wish I could get my flowers for that much!

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
OMG those are CRAZY prices for flowers if you ask me!!!!! Then again, I don''t really know the ''pricing'' anyway. But still
6.gif
6.gif
I feel shocked that it cost THAT much....
20.gif

missismene

Shiny_Rock
i love your centerpiece, the leaf wrapped flowers and your quote! any chance you are in texas? looking for a florist.
very nice taste.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Congrats on the prices BB!! I hope our meetings on Friday go as well as yours did.

anniee19

Shiny_Rock
Ahh that's wonderful! I am doing tulips for my wedding and was trying to keep it around $700 or less, not including centerpieces. We're just renting candelabras for those, so no flowers there. I didn't think it would be so hard! I ended up going to 4 different florists to get price quotes and the last person got me in for just $550! All the stress of going to so many florist appointments payed off for me and the savings was worth it. I was very up front with my budget at the last appointment and she did everything she could to stay under budget. Yay for inexpensive flowers! (If there is such a thing!)

ETA- I love the look of those bunched up carnations! We thought of doing the same but ended up changing the whole concept.

courtney5638

Rough_Rock
I think that is a great deal BB, I know my florist is going to cost more than that.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Great deal. Shows what you can do when you bargain!

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
BB-- First off- your post gave me hope :) Maybe my flower budget won''t be through-the-roof (& I, too, have spent tons of time on fiftyflowers.com)

& your flowers will be so cheery and pretty :)

But on to my question:: Your one centerpiece has manzanita branches (or something similar...)--- is your florist providing these? I''ve looked at websites that sell manzanita in bulk & it is UBER expensive... I really need manzanita, too, because I would like to hang votives from the branches, which will add quite a bit of weight.

If your quote included the cost of branches- AWESOME. If not, and you''re getting those on your own, have you selected a retailer yet? I''ve got a bit less than 11 months ''til the "big day" but I, too, am trying to get my ducks in a row so I''m not scrambling at the last minute... And these centerpieces are drivin'' me crazy!

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/22/2009 12:06:03 AM
Author: PilsnPinkysMom
BB-- First off- your post gave me hope :) Maybe my flower budget won''t be through-the-roof (& I, too, have spent tons of time on fiftyflowers.com)

& your flowers will be so cheery and pretty :)

But on to my question:: Your one centerpiece has manzanita branches (or something similar...)--- is your florist providing these? I''ve looked at websites that sell manzanita in bulk & it is UBER expensive... I really need manzanita, too, because I would like to hang votives from the branches, which will add quite a bit of weight.

If your quote included the cost of branches- AWESOME. If not, and you''re getting those on your own, have you selected a retailer yet? I''ve got a bit less than 11 months ''til the ''big day'' but I, too, am trying to get my ducks in a row so I''m not scrambling at the last minute... And these centerpieces are drivin'' me crazy!
Well.. I havent quite decide what type of branch I am going to use... I too wanted to hang these things from the branches that I got from cb2... I want something REALLY high... so i think I might go out in my parents 10 acres and see what I can find and spray paint them.. I saw some places that had them.. cant remember the name off the top of my head.. but then I just saw some on ebay... buy 3 get 3 free for $60.. I really need to go to my parents this weekend and see what I can find in the yard that I can make cool before I go spend $$ on the branches LOL

Where are you locateD? There is a girl on projectwedding that sells them but only in her area and they are nice apparently? Have you thought about using a different type of branch you might be able to get for free??

Thanks to everyone that replied! :) Im so excited Ive been getting pretty good deals so far :)

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
I''ll certainly keep in mind to tell people what ''I can afford'' after they quote me.........
27.gif
I''m sure your flowers will be incredibly lovely BB! I''m very excited for you.

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/22/2009 2:18:19 PM
Author: Dreamgirl
I''ll certainly keep in mind to tell people what ''I can afford'' after they quote me.........
27.gif
I''m sure your flowers will be incredibly lovely BB! I''m very excited for you.
thanks... I ended up getting an ever better deal!If we paid for all of it we ot a 10% discount! So I only paid $666.16 for everything!!! wooohoo!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results