shape
carat
color
clarity

My first wedding dress shop ... pics included

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

supergirl10

Shiny_Rock
Hi Girls

I had my first appointment today at the bridal store. As some of you may remember I am getting my aunty who is an ex-fashion designer to make my dress. But I wanted to try on differnt styles to see what was most flattering / suited me the most.

Ok with out further ado ... Dress 1

Selina - profile.jpg

supergirl10

Shiny_Rock
Wow ok these pictures are massive. Sorry I don''t know how to make them smaller. Ok same dress from a different view.

Selina front.jpg

supergirl10

Shiny_Rock
Ok excuse my facial expression in the last one!

Right, my second style is below. As you can see it is a completely different style. If I did have a similar style to the one below i would have little cap sleaves and definetly not strapless. ALso I would just have white and not this pink shade, but they did not have any other colour at the store.

Royal Peal distance.jpg

supergirl10

Shiny_Rock
Ok so I guess my question is which one is better and why.

One style is more casual and less formal and I can see pro''s and con''s to both. I guess my problem is dress number one is too plain and dress number two may be a bit fancy. My plan is to discuss with my aunty about creating a fusion of the two ie. staps and neckline of number one and ruching and puffiness of number two. I am concerned with either style that I will look back and think either:

Dress 1 - It was soo plain and I really love the princess style of number two
Dress 2 - It was waay over the top

Opinions?

Has anyone else had a similar dilema??

shimmer

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 1/17/2009 9:11:07 AM
Author: supergirl10
My plan is to discuss with my aunty about creating a fusion of the two ie. staps and neckline of number one and ruching and puffiness of number two.

That is exactly what I thought just by looking at your pictures before I read your post!! I love this one by Maggie Sottero, you might be able to find it to go try on for reference!

Maggie Sottero Chrystelle Lynette

maggiechrystellelynette.gif

AllieGator

Shiny_Rock
I think the style of number 2 suits you better, although number 1 is also lovely. Plus, you look really happy in 2!

shimmer

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 1/17/2009 10:07:34 AM
Author: AllieGator
Plus, you look really happy in 2!

Ditto! Go for the style you LOVE.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
I think the first one is really beautiful and more flattering on you! But my sense of style is definitely "less is more" - I like simple, sleek styles and think the second is too poofy and over-the-top for my tastes. You wear it well, but I just don''t love the dress.

I also really love the third one that shimmer posted (Marilyn).

You''re so lucky to have a family member that can make a dress just for you!

diamondgirl4382

Shiny_Rock
Both are very flattering on you! I agree that I like #2 more. I don''t think it''s too over the top at all.

cocolaw

Brilliant_Rock
I like the first and third link you posted the best!!! I love how flowy the dress in the first link is.

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
i like the first one too! im sure a combination will look lovely though
30.gif

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
I like them both on you. I'd try for a combination - some kind of wrap/ruching at the waist, which seems flattering, a sweetheart neckline, but I'd also go for sleeves or straps of some kind.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like number 2 on you but I love the top of number one. That''s so cool that your aunt is making your dress.

Sha

Ideal_Rock
They are both nice! But I think #2 has more "oomph" than the first one. #2!!

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
I think that number one is more flattering on your figure. But, if you want a little "more", then I''m sure your aunt can add to the design!

Good Luck!

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
I prefer the style of number 1 on you! But I agree, you''re aunt could add a little more oomph to it. I''m sure she''ll come up with a ton of ideas! It''s just the basic shape you''re looking for now remember.

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
I think I prefer number 1 on you, but honestly, both are gorgeous. Are you going to try on any more dresses?

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
I personally prefer the neckline and shape of #1... You could add extra embellishments with beads, lace, rhinestones, etc... I just think of it as a more classic, timeless look and a lot less prom-like (eeep! Don''t hate me! I had a poofy prom dress & still have nightmares about it)

supergirl10

Shiny_Rock
Thanks everyone for all you help and input. It was very much appreciated.
I cannot post much more now but I have some more updates.

Thanks Again

Supergirl

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results