shape
carat
color
clarity

My BM is pregnant!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
It''s FI''s older sister and it''ll be the first grandbaby in either of our families.
5.gif
5.gif
The best part is that she''s due 1.5 months before our wedding, so it''s the perfect opportunity because the family will all be here. Hehe! I''m just excited and wanted to share.
1.gif

Actually I do have a question...what should we do about ordering bridesmaids dresses? Get 1 size up from what she is now to account for possible baby weight and/or big boobs? It''s 6 weeks after, should she order the size she is now? She''s only 3 weeks along.

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
awww. that is so cool! what do your BM dresses look like? I''d suggest ordering a size or 2 bigger JUST in case she has some baby weight... everyone gains weight differently during pregnancy.. maybe have her talk to her mom and see how much weight she gained and what not to get an idea... I mean a bigger dress CAN be taken in for sure... but letting a dress out gets tricky and probably more expensive ;-)

WishfulThinking

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations to your soon to be sister in law! Definitely order bigger rather than smaller. I hear it''s a pain if not impossible to let dresses out, but they can usually be taken in.

I have to say that I am always so happy and impressed to see PS brides being so kind and happy for their pregnant bridesmaids! I have heard a lot of horror stories about awful bridezillas who try to mandate no pregnancies for their bridesmaids or get really angry that they''re pregnant and will ruin the aesthetics of the bridal party.
20.gif
I know your SIL is due before your wedding, but I''m sure some people would be really annoyed about possible dress alterations, etc. In short: PSers are sweet.
12.gif

Nocturnius

Shiny_Rock
The average woman gains 30 to 35 pounds during pregnancy, and unless your BM has a personal trainer, she won''t have that weight dropped in six weeks (and she shouldn''t go through that stress with a brand new baby anyway!)

My suggestion would be for her to get a feel for ehr size sometime between three and four months, when most women have put on some considerable baby weight but not rounded out yet. Six weeks is more than enough time to alter the dress if she is one of those genetically-blessed women that can drop half the weight in that time. It is always a better idea to order it too big - yes, alterations will cost more, but they will not cost nearly as much as if the dress is too small and unable to be altered. Remember the problem with taking dresses OUT is that the seamstress can only take out what is left in the seams... and that''s usually VERY little (less than an inch on each side) if anything. And letting out a too-small dress two inches will probably not make a big difference. Definitly, definitely have her order a bigger size.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well doctors don't want you to work out until 6 weeks after birth (8 weeks for a c-sec). Plus if she is BFing she will NOT be able to diet (it will cut down her milk supply). I was a size 2/4 when I got preggo and at 3 weeks PP I bought regular jeans (so sick of maternity clothes) that were a size 12. So...I would suggest *LARGER* than just one size. Of course if you have a looser/empire style dress there is more flexibility. I gained an insane amount of weight but still think larger would be easier to work with for the seamstress.

ETA: *most* women leave the hospital looking how they did when they were 6 months preggo. Can she wait and order it then?

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/18/2009 9:08:22 PM
Author: WishfulThinking

I have to say that I am always so happy and impressed to see PS brides being so kind and happy for their pregnant bridesmaids! I have heard a lot of horror stories about awful bridezillas who try to mandate no pregnancies for their bridesmaids or get really angry that they''re pregnant and will ruin the aesthetics of the bridal party.
20.gif
I know your SIL is due before your wedding, but I''m sure some people would be really annoyed about possible dress alterations, etc. In short: PSers are sweet.
12.gif

Me too-it''s so nice to see that you''re thrilled about it! I would order it maybe two sizes up as it''s a lot easier to take it in than let it out.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Tricky one as she won't know 'how' she will put on the weight.

I'm 6 months pg at the moment and I'm still wearing all my fitted pre-pregnancy jeans and most tops. All my weight has gone into the bump (which is insanely huge - if anyone else asks me if it's a Valentine's baby I'm going to cry) and a tiny bit on my boobs. Yet both my sister and mother always put weight on all over when they were pg.

If she's breast-feeding it will also make a difference to the top of the dress - I believe that you can go up yet another cup size from what you go up due to pregnancy anyway.

I wouldn't like to guess what will fit me 6 weeks after the birth right now!

Is there anyway she could wear a dress in a jersey fabric or something that is reasonably comfortable and stretchy?

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for all your thoughts, and bigger thanks to the preggos and mamas for chiming in!
1.gif

Hmmm so FMIL dropped her all her baby weight after the first 3, so that could be an indicator, plus I know she wants to stay in shape during the pregnancy...hmmm.

We went and tried on a few dresses yesterday, here was the top contender. All 4 of my maids have different body types, so it could get interesting!! This one was super flattering on 2 of the 4 that were there however. It''s a tissue taffeta and would be in red: http://www.billlevkoff.com/#/91/bill-levkoff-bridesmaid-dress-style-555/555/

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Oh yeah and as for being happy about it, how could I not, I''m gonna be an auntie!!!
5.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
sunny, another thing to consider is how tall she is. I believe Pandora is quite tall and those with height usually look better, faster (more places for the extra weight to hide). I am only 5''1" so any extra weight on my body is really obvious. I do think the dress you chose is flattering but still would get a few size bigger b/c it is fitted.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Ooh that''s good to think about too. She''s only 5''3(?). I''ll have to suggest these things to her. Of course it''ll be up to her though!
1.gif

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/18/2009 7:57:19 PM
Author:sunnyd
It''s 6 weeks after, should she order the size she is now? She''s only 3 weeks along.

As someone who is 4 weeks post partum I would say no way in heck should she order the size she is in now. Most women are nowhere near their pre-preggo size a month or so after the pregnancy unless they are super super lucky.

I would wait as long as you possibly can to order to see where she is gaining weight and how big her chest gets and then go from there. The dress looks relatively easy to take in though, so if you have to order now I would order a few sizes bigger for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results