shape
carat
color
clarity

most recent addition to the mil book i may write one day

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cocolaw

Brilliant_Rock
this one is really funny. she sits at home and comes things to do, i swear (i came up with this theory after i was basically prank-called by her a few weeks ago).

she calls me today and tells me that she has never had jury duty in her life, and now she doesn''t know if she can get out of it...they have scheduled her for the day before the wedding.

LOL.

the court that has summoned her says this about postponing service "You must have a pressing reason why you cannot serve on the date on the summons, e.g., prior vacation plans."

again, lol....if they let you postpone for "prior vacation plans" then i am not at all concerned about postponing for "son''s wedding"

and then i hear more of the same stuff about how it''s a bad sign, about how it''s so soon. honestly-i heard all of this already at the bridal shower. it was the most uncomfortable wedding celebration weekend ever, because the general theme was "omg...you are getting married so soon! this is terrible!"

the funny thing is that i don''t get upset anymore. it''s more like, wow....you are so desperate. and then i laugh and call my mom!

dani2142

Shiny_Rock
Urgh! That''s annoying! I think someone needs to throw something at her...

tlh

Ideal_Rock
it is the day before the wedding... it might be nice to have her out of your hair while you''re doing your finishing touches!
28.gif

cocolaw

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/29/2009 3:27:56 PM
Author: tlh
it is the day before the wedding... it might be nice to have her out of your hair while you''re doing your finishing touches!
28.gif

lol i know! but she will be in california with us during that time...jury duty is on the east coast

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
too bad you can''t skype in for jury duty like on oprah
hahah

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Who knew jury duty was a predictor of bad things to come into your life?

I''ll have to note that in the future, you know for things like when my friends are TTC or house buying, big events...if JURY DUTY is looming, I''ll have to let them know to put their lives on hold because it''s a bad omen!

marlie

Brilliant_Rock
ugh. the only thing to do is laugh it off. what''s wrong with people!!!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ha, guess you better call the whole thing off! I''m sure they won''t let her postpone for her son''s wedding!
3.gif

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Well technically she will be on vacation then if she is in another state. They totally won''t make her miss her own son''s wedding for jury duty. And if they do, it would be worth the fine I would have thought ?

cocolaw

Brilliant_Rock
yeah the whole thing was ridiculous. it is so easy to change your jury duty! this was another dramatic "omg....the wedding should not happen" moment. i''m so over these little stunts!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results