shape
carat
color
clarity

MORE Dresses (pictures included)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
So, I went dress shopping again to a close boutique near my home. I did not get to try on the Pronovias gown, but I had my eye on a couple Mori Lee dresses.

Previous Thread

This boutique did not let me take pictures!
29.gif
But, I tried on the Mori Lee 2181 in a size 4 (yikes, small!) I managed to get the thing on, and I loved it.

Please let me know which gown you all prefer. I have to hunt down the Mori Lee 2215.

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
or not. Here is the Mori Lee 2215. I''ll search for some valid back''s to these dresses
2.gif

2215.jpg

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
Hi BeachRunner,

I have to say the Mori Lee 2181 reminds me very much of my Pronovias dress except mine doesn't have any beading. I love the bottom of 2215, though!
36.gif
You can't go wrong with either; they're gorgeous.

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
and the back of Mori Lee 2215 (It may be a little small and I apologize)

backof2215.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my gosh, those are gorgeous dresses!!!! I love both! (If you don''t mind me asking, what kind of price range are they in?)

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
Well DiamondSeeker I''m glad you asked!

The 2181 was at the boutique for $1025. I went home and made some phone calls, AND Pearlsplace.com had the gown for $503!! (shipping was $12 BTW). I can imagine the 2215 was around the same in price. I''ve heard that Pearls Place is very reputable; if anyone has any experience with them, please let me know! For the couple minutes I was on the phone with them, they were very pleasant and helpful!

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
CDNinNYC I had to dig up your Pronovias pictures, and you are right! They do look a lot a like. I LOVE Pronovias gowns, unforuntely they are at the top of my budget. I think I did a pretty good job at finding similar!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/14/2009 8:38:53 PM
Author: BeachRunner
Well DiamondSeeker I''m glad you asked!

The 2181 was at the boutique for $1025. I went home and made some phone calls, AND Pearlsplace.com had the gown for $503!! (shipping was $12 BTW). I can imagine the 2215 was around the same in price. I''ve heard that Pearls Place is very reputable; if anyone has any experience with them, please let me know! For the couple minutes I was on the phone with them, they were very pleasant and helpful!
This is great to know! My daughter is a LIW and I am guessing there''ll be a wedding within a year or so. So I am starting to take some notes! $500 is what I have in mind for a dress, so these are WONDERFUL. Our daughter has a nice figure and I think these dresses would be very flattering. So I''ll be interested to see what you decide on!!!

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
I think you did a fantastic job finding dresses with the same look. Becides that, the 2181 has straps which I had really wanted.

Good find on Pearl's Place, too!
36.gif

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
I love those, they were both on my list! I think I''m more a fan of the ruffles on the bottom, but that''s because I love ruffles more in general. LOL!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think they are both gorgeous! Did you have a favorite?

ETA: I think just from the model pics, I prefer the second one. I also love ruffles....

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
It''s funny...I preferred the Demetrios from the other thread, but now looking at these, I like the 2181, even though the other dress is more similar to the Demetrios. Go figure. I think there are a few reasons for this. First, the 2181 has those great spaghetti straps. Also, I''m not a big ruffle person...I liked the ruffle on the Demetrios because it was simple and understated, but the double ruffle of the 2215 doesn''t do it for me. And finally, I didn''t like the shape of the Mori Lee from the old thread; the Demetrios showed off your figure much better. Based on the pictures, I think both of the new Mori Lee dresses will look better than the old one.

So I think my order of preference would be 2181, Demetrios, 2215, old Mori Lee.

That''s too bad about the pictures...it would definitely help to see the dress on you!

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/15/2009 2:03:05 AM
Author: FrekeChild
I think they are both gorgeous! Did you have a favorite?

ETA: I think just from the model pics, I prefer the second one. I also love ruffles....

Ditto, I think they are both beautiful but I really love the ruffles on the second dress :).

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The 2215 - i love that dress! That exactly the dress i thought of when you asked about other dresses that were similar and you might like (i posted a pic of me trying it on) .....i LOVE THAT DRESS. it was heavy for sure, but tremendously beautiful with the lines of it and the little ruffle hem! yay!

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great prices on those dresses!

I like the ruffles on the 2nd one. Never thought I''d say that, but there it is. Ruffles. The beading and ruffles are very eye-catching.

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
Freke I only got to try the 2181 on. I LOVE the ruffles on the one dress, but love the other one''s bust line. If I could take the ruffles and put them on the other dress, I''d be sold!
30.gif
I just have to hunt down a store that has them both.

jstarfireb Thanks for your input! I feel the same way. Who knew.

violet I had to take a closer look at your picture to realize it WAS the same gown! Do you have more picture of you in it, by chance?? Great minds think a like I guess
31.gif

deelight thing2 and Addy I never thought I''d be a ruffly girl!! You just have to try things on, and you will surprise yourself.

I am calling a bunch of stores on Monday to see if I can track down BOTH dress at the same store, take pictures, and hopefully one will be THE ONE!

pocahontas

Brilliant_Rock
Ruffles! I absolutely, positively love ruffles! Although both dresses are gorgeous and you certainly can''t go wrong with either, my vote''s for 2215
30.gif

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hmmm....i think i have a couple more pictures.

the 2215! Keep in mind that you will probably look MUCH better in this dress than i did, because you are more streamlined than i am yet still curvy (you're perfect for this dress)! This dress was the FIRST dress i immediately went to when i got in the store!!!! Let's see what i can dig up....

Here's a pic of me - i wish the resolution was better for you. But in this one you can see two shots of me if you look in the mirror. I think it shows the front and then the side/back.

morileeforbeachrunner.jpg

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And another - i know they are big, but i was hoping you could see the detail....here''s the 2215! Oh, and also i understand why you would love the top of the other - it''s gorgeous. the "musey" dress (i can''t remember what it was called) had both, right? did we rule that one out already (sorry that i can''t remember)...

dressforbeachrunner2.jpg

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you violet! That dress is gorgeous!

Musey''s dress was the Pronovias Nerveo, which did have both the ruffly bottom, and the top I liked. That gown is at the top of my price range, and I''m not sure I want to spend that much on it.

Cross your fingers I can find the 2215 in stores! By looking at your pictures, deciding between the two may be a harder decision than I thought... (if they decide to be the final two)

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love the ruffles too but both dresses are fab!

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
UPDATE!!:

UGH! So after calling every store anywhere CLOSE to me, no boutique has the Mori Lee 2215 (the ruffly one). Not one. So, I am going to try and revisit the 2181 with my Mom this weekend and sneak some pictures.

Definitely. Maybe

Brilliant_Rock
I think I am in love! I love, love, love the 2181! It is sooooo beautful.

I loved the others (2nd on both treads I think) because of the ruffles, but I LOVE the glamour of the 2181. Find a shop that will let you take pics of this one. I''d love to see it on!

I''m still an LIW and I really want that dress! hehe. :)

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Oooh, BeachRunner! Love the 2215 -
18.gif
ruffles!

Hey - nice find, Sunnyd!
2.gif

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
Mom and I are going to the same salon on Saturday, but don''t fret definitely, maybe i WILL get photos of this dress.

sunnyd Thank you for your help!! I''ve seen that before and honestly, I can''t bring myself to even pay the $1300 for the Nerveo. I''ve decided not even to try it on, as I might go into debt over it
32.gif

I think the 2215 may be out of the running! I can not find it anywhere! BUT, I think I like the look of the 2181 more anyways. The vertical stripes are very flattering IRL. Can''t wait to show you guys at least the 2181!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results