shape
carat
color
clarity

mixed weddings... 2 day weddings (diff cultures)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lovehersomuch

Shiny_Rock
who here has had mixed weddings due to the bride or groom being of a diff religion/culture? how did it turn out and what types of cultures were mixed? anyone do a 2 day wedding instead since they couldnt integrate both cultures?

thanks

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
We did a two-part wedding because of both geographical and significant cultural differences. It made us a little sad because we would have liked everyone together in one place and to feel like there was a moment before we were married followed immediately by a moment right afterward THAT we were married. Instead, we were in this weird limbo for 2 weeks when we felt sort of, but not completely married. If the two parts had been right after each other it would have been great!

Nonetheless, we still think that, for everyone else''s sake, it was the right thing to do. Both of us observed our cultural rituals and nobody but us was put to inconvenience and serious expense to attend the weddings.

I highly recommend this approach if it will make both of you feel satisfied that you are observing important traditions or religious rituals that are significant to you, and also if it will grease the wheels with the families. In that regard alone it may be a sacrifice worth making.

How''s it going with your dad by the way?

lovehersomuch

Shiny_Rock
i havent told him yet.. im going to tell him next weekend... hopefully all goes well.. my mom and bros are acceptin. i just hope it turns out fine and both families embrace us being together.. hers already do.. however, i do hope when we plan the wedding my fiance to be and i can put in our touches and have a say even if we dont pay for the western type wedding.. i.e. no alcohol..

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
I went to my friend''s Indian/Catholic wedding. I LOVED every single piece of the wedding. It started at 8AM with the Indian ceremony. The Catholic ceremony began at 6PM. It was a full day (so I was extremely exhausted...probably better 2 different days) but my God what a beautiful wedding...so enriched with culture. It was awesome. I know she had a headache planning (at one point she broke out in hives (SP?)). But for her it was worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results