shape
carat
color
clarity

Mimzy''s Non-Pro Wedding Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mimzy

Brilliant_Rock
I finally have some time to get this done! I apologize for not being more timely - i was both lucky and unlucky enough to get sick right after the wedding and haven't had the stamina until today!

SO, let's see. The wedding was pretty amazing - definitely not without glitches, but they were mostly things that i doubt will stick in people's minds.

the bad:

- i couldn't find my fabulous green earrings that i've been looking forward to wearing for over a year
7.gif

- i got a frantic call from stefan who wasn't prepared for the day in the morning while we were getting ready at the salon and immediately started breaking out in giant hives all over my chest. they eventually went down with time (and benedryl) but we were worried for a little while!

- we DIY'd all of our centerpieces and one of them was a green ball glass lantern with a wreath of ice branches around it on a charger plate. when my sister in law went to go finish setting up the hall, no one could find the wreaths, so me and the bridesmaids had to frantically piece together new wreaths out of scrap berries that i had brought while we were supposed to be getting dressed, so we ran late the rest of the day. i kept it together until...

- they lost my veils. my mom was in charge of bringing them to the church since they were at her house and no one could find them for like an hour. i'm pretty sure in all of my 'getting ready' pictures i look like i'm about to cry because of it
7.gif
. luckily they found them just in time.

- stefan didn't bring my wedding present (a second wedding band that i had told him i wanted to wear for the ceremony) and didn't open his beforehand either, even though i had his sister deliver it. they were cufflinks that matched his tux perfectly, and I was really disappointed that he didn't wear them
7.gif

- the pastor forgot to light the candelabras for our candle lighting ceremony and had to ask the audience if anyone had a lighter. ugh! he ALSO forgot to pronounce us husband and wife at the end, and then tried to blame the organist.

- the person who was in charge of our processional music didn't practice first and the sound was WAY too loud at the beginning and then went way too long after i reached stefan at the alter.

- our mom's couldn't figure out how to coordinate themselves for lighting the unity candles

-my friend missed her cue to start playing, so for a large part of our candle lighting ceremony it was just dead quiet.

- my sister in law mixed up the table numbers when setting up so both my mom and his parents were seated in the corner really far away from the head table

- the dj played 80% of the songs on the DO NOT PLAY list, and only about 50% of the songs on the PLEASE PLAY list. and he looked like a used car salesman.

the good:

- I'm married!!!

- stefan looked like a sexy mobster in his tux

- everything else!
9.gif

the dance floor was packed the whole night despite my general loathing of our dj and the hall looked really pretty. people said the food was great and everyone loved the photo station that our photographer had set up so people could get pictures taken. it really did fly by and it was amazing to see everyone. I just wish that I had had more time to take it in and explore the hall a bit more (i didn't even go upstairs in the balcony where the cocktail hour was to see the set up up there or anything
7.gif
oh well!

I know a lot of you have seen pictures on *other* sites, but for the rest of you, here they are!

my sister and MOH lacing up my dress (with me trying not to cry about the veils)

lexps1.jpg

mimzy

Brilliant_Rock
the church before the ceremony - notice who's side is on time!

lexps2.jpg

mimzy

Brilliant_Rock
me and my dad walking down the aisle

lexips2a.jpg

mimzy

Brilliant_Rock
up at the alter, exchanging vows

lexps3.jpg

mimzy

Brilliant_Rock
exchanging rings

lexips4.jpg

mimzy

Brilliant_Rock
the hall/head table during introductions

lexips5.jpg

mimzy

Brilliant_Rock
first dance!

lexips6a.jpg

mimzy

Brilliant_Rock
bad top down view of hall

lexips7.jpg

mimzy

Brilliant_Rock
me, with hair already coming undone and replacement green earrings

lexips8.jpg

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
I know you''re still posting, but I couldn''t wait to tell you how beautiful you looked, even when stressed to tears!! You looked fabulous and so did the church. The chair covers are beautfil and ....Yayayayayayayay, you''re MARRIED!!
36.gif

mimzy

Brilliant_Rock
a sideways picture of my bouquet

lexips9.jpg

mimzy

Brilliant_Rock
stefan and i with some friends (who are gorgeous but blurred out just in case
2.gif
) - i think this is the best picture of the two of us that we got so far!

lexips11.jpg

mimzy

Brilliant_Rock
stefan and i afterwards in the limo :)

lexps10.jpg

mimzy

Brilliant_Rock
i forgot to mention that Detroit got blasted in the winter storm, so we had a ridiculous amount of snow fall Thursday and Friday before the wedding. So i got my white wedding AND the roads were pretty much cleared by the time Saturday came (although it did make the rehearsal day EXTREMELY stressful!).

the further away the wedding becomes, the happier I am. It was nice while it lasted, but I''m definitely not going to miss it!

mimzy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/28/2008 1:04:52 PM
Author: miraclesrule
I know you''re still posting, but I couldn''t wait to tell you how beautiful you looked, even when stressed to tears!! You looked fabulous and so did the church. The chair covers are beautfil and ....Yayayayayayayay, you''re MARRIED!!
36.gif

aw thank you miracles! <3
1.gif

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Awww...Mimzy you looked SPECTACULAR
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
The wedding looks like it was gorgeous, in spite of all the mishaps - can''t wait to see the pro pics. CONGRATULATIONS
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mimzy, you look absolutely amazing!! So beautiful and Stefan looks great! Sorry to hear about the mishaps!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your pictures are beautiful!!!
36.gif
I''m making a mental note that when my girls get married, I''m going to be sure we account for all those items the day BEFORE the wedding!!!

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
Just wanted to say you looked absolutely gorgeous!!! Everything looked awesome too! :)

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
You''re gorgeous - you look beautiful in every photo. The whole wedding looks just lovely! Congratulations!

WishfulThinking

Brilliant_Rock
You look GORGEOUS!! And the church and reception hall look wonderful as well. So glad you had a good day despite all of the mishaps- I don''t know how you managed to keep it together, but you look just great!

galvana

Brilliant_Rock
congrats! you look so beautiful in every photo! Im so glad they found your veil intime.

sparkly_stars

Brilliant_Rock
I love love love your bouquet! Your husband glasses are fantastic! I now want some..hehe. AND you both looked stunning :)
Lastly, I know you hate the fact that the veil stressed you out etc, BUT I love that those facial expressions will be caught- it will remind you how silly that ordeal and stress was NOW that its done ( and I only say that because I had my share of crazy mishaps lol)

LauraBabe08

Shiny_Rock
Mimzy - you and DH look absolutely fabulous! Congrats on being married!!! :)

KatyWI

Brilliant_Rock
You were STUNNING, he looked gorgeous, as did all of your details! My mom always says it''s good when things go wrong for your wedding (assuming they''re not huge and disastrous!) because that way you remember them and everything else more clearly! :)

Congratulations!

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations, Mimzy and Stefan! You both looked fantastic and happy. I love your dress--it looked gorgeous on you!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mimzy, you and Stefan are such a cute couple! I''m so happy for you! You look beautiful, and I can''t wait to see your pro pics (assuming you''ll post them).

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
You looked beautiful!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results