shape
carat
color
clarity

Lindsey''s Wedding Planning

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ljmorgan

Brilliant_Rock
So the countdown is on... I''m getting married January 6, 2007. I thought I would start a thread where I can compile my wedding ideas, plans, and things that I''m using.

ljmorgan

Brilliant_Rock
The dress...

Sorry I took the picture of the dress out in case my fiance gets nosey. He knows I have this thread now!
35.gif
35.gif
35.gif
35.gif
35.gif

ljmorgan

Brilliant_Rock
The shoes...

I have forgotten to bid on these on eBay twice already! The seller will probably run out before I''m smart enough to remember and bid...

shoes12345.JPG

ljmorgan

Brilliant_Rock
The bridesmaid dresses...

It looks so flattering on them! My sister tried it on, and it looks fantastic on her... I am so pleased!

47b6d702b3127cce8d7cff8b7e0400000015100AbMmbJo3bMmNg

ljmorgan

Brilliant_Rock
I''m also thinking about doing this for the bridesmaids as well... I''m not totally sure yet, but I really like it.

47b6d702b3127cce8d7cff88ff3700000016100AbMmbJo3bMmNg

ljmorgan

Brilliant_Rock
The invitations....

I think that this is the exact invitation that I''m doing. I''m ordering them next week!

47b6d702b3127cce8d7cff8eff3100000016100AbMmbJo3bMmNg

ljmorgan

Brilliant_Rock
The centerpieces...

We are doing this exact centerpiece except with IVORY ariana roses. My designer has already done the trial and it looked stunning. I have been BUSY on eBay buying all of those crystals
1.gif
I also just had 288 candles with glass votive holders shipped to my parents.. their house has become wedding supplies central
11.gif

47b6d702b3127cce8d7cff857e0a00000015100AbMmbJo3bMmNg

ljmorgan

Brilliant_Rock
The ring bearer pillow...

I have looked for weeks and I didn''t find a single one that I liked. I came across this on eBay from Emici''s bridal and I love it. It''s alencon lace with beads and sequins...

ring_bearer_pillow.jpg

ljmorgan

Brilliant_Rock
Matching flower girl baskets, I''m having three flower girls

flower_girl_basket.jpg

ljmorgan

Brilliant_Rock
The flower girl dress which I am SO in love with -- the flower girls will be beautiful

06-8160i.jpg

oshinbreez

Brilliant_Rock
Everything looks soooo nice. Congratulations.

ljmorgan

Brilliant_Rock
The cake!

I am so excited about this. I found the perfect woman to make it, http://www.bobbicakes.com

We did a tasting last week and we must have tried over twenty flavors of cake and filling... but I am so basic and boring! Our cake will be four tiers...

Bottom tier: white almond with whipped caramel filling
2nd tier: chocolate with chocolate truffle filling
3rd tier: white pearl with raspberry filling
top tier: for the fi and I to save... it''s half and half of the bottom two tiers, which are our favs
1.gif

The cake will look just like below only without the monogram on the ribbon, I''m using a crystal monogram cake topper instead. Also the cake will be sparklier that the one in the picture -- crystals will adorn the champagne colored ribbon. I''m using hydrangeas for the cake as pictured.

47b6d702b3127cce8d7cf2553e4400000015100AbMmbJo3bMmNg

ljmorgan

Brilliant_Rock
The guest book...

It''s no "Visitor Book" like TravelingGal''s
31.gif
but I''m happy with it
2.gif

wedding_guest_book.gif

ljmorgan

Brilliant_Rock
What else...

1) Photographer -- booked
2) Videographer -- booked
3) Florist -- booked
4) Wedding designer -- booked
5) DJ -- booked
6) Caterer -- NOT BOOKED

Caterer''s menu proposal...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Passed appetizers...

1 - mini cheeseburgers (my request!)
2 - spankopita (cannot spell this, sorry)
3 - shrimp canapes

Starter...

greens with strawberries, walnuts, bleu cheese, and raspberry viniagrette

Entree selections...

1 - NY strip steak w/ garlic mashed red potatoes and steamed asparagus

2 - crab cakes w/ roasted red potatoes and steamed asparagus

3 - chicken cordon bleu with wild rice pilaf and... some vegetable I can''t remember

4 - stuffed florentine shells (our veggie selection)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

As of now I am really not sure about the shrimp canapes, I may change that soon. I will wait until the tasting and then I can decide.

ljmorgan

Brilliant_Rock
Stuff left to be done... (feels like everything!)

DIY ceremony programs, dinner menus, and place cards

Book the lighting crews for the reception

Look into having a chocolate fountain?

Book and finalize the limo plans

Select jewelry gifts for my bridesmaids... will definitely use pearls, I think the girls will look great in their black ballgowns with pearls, very classic

Buy the favors!! We''re going to do mini bottles of sparkling cider

Finalize our monogram for using on our aisle runner and the labels for the apple cider. My fi''s mom is making the aisle runner which is really nice of her. She''s also making two veils for me -- one plain ivory drop veil, cathedral length, and another ivory cathedral veil with crystals lining the entire edge of the veil.

Seems like there is a ton more to do... I am sure that I am forgetting everything
31.gif

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
The flower girl dress is so cute. It goes with the bm dresses. Your wedding is going to be gorgeous.

E B

Ideal_Rock
Everything looks gorgeous...you have great taste!

ellewoods

Shiny_Rock
Lindsey,

I love everything you''ve chosen for your wedding -- your dress is gorgeous, and so is the bridesmaid dress. I would definitly go with the beautiful stoles for your bridesmaids, they''ll be so perfect for a January wedding! I also love the flower girl dress, its different than most I''ve seen because its very elegant but still appropriate for the younger girls.

Where will you be getting married?

And please, please, please tell me that you are going to incorporate your darling dog into your wedding somehow??? Your dog is so darn adorable he would look super cute in a mini-tux, or she ? would look super cute in some other wedding outfit. A mini wedding dress! Yes, I''m a bit silly with little dogs, they just make me smile.
1.gif

whatmeworry

Brilliant_Rock
Wow...It''s all gorgeous. I''m going to borrow your flower girl picture and send it to FI right now.

ljmorgan

Brilliant_Rock
ellewoods: I really wish I could have Elizabeth Taylor in the wedding. Unfortunuately she doesn't care for strangers at all... in fact she despises them. I'm afraid she would end up cowering under the chairs during the ceremony
1.gif
But I could definitely imagine her in a mini bride dress! I know people would think I'm nuts but she's my baby.

We're getting married at the Contemporary Art Center of VA. I'm really happy with the venue, I'll be posting pictures soon I'm sure.

whatmeworry: If you really like the flower girl dresses, you can find them here http://flowergirldresses.boutique4kids.com/detail.asp?c=6&p=2006-0000038

Thank you so much to everyone else for your compliments!

labbielove

Brilliant_Rock
first of all, congrats!
second of all, you are going to have a gorgeous wedding- and you must go with the stoles for the bm''s- they are so stylish and different, perfect for a January wedding.

i need to ask about those invitations- i have wanted to do a pocketfold but like the looks of the longer invites- yours look like the longer invites with the pockets in the bottom for cards? if so, where did you find them?
they are beautiful

Scooba

Shiny_Rock
Congrats Lindsey everything thing is beautiful and I love mini cheeseburgers too! I love you dress who is it by? And you invites are great I am in the process of picking out invites there are so many it''s I can''t decide, where are your from, I don''t think i have even seen them, online?

ljmorgan

Brilliant_Rock
My dress is the 29012 style and it''s by Henry Roth. The best part is that it is entirely covered in crystals
31.gif
31.gif

The invitations are from mygatsby.com -- I believe their 5x7 folio style -- here is a direct link to the style in their gallery http://www.mygatsby.com/design_studio.jsp?id=47

Good luck!

Scooba

Shiny_Rock
Date: 9/29/2006 9:56:00 PM
Author: *Lindsey*
My dress is the 29012 style and it''s by Henry Roth. The best part is that it is entirely covered in crystals
31.gif
31.gif

The invitations are from mygatsby.com -- I believe their 5x7 folio style -- here is a direct link to the style in their gallery http://www.mygatsby.com/design_studio.jsp?id=47

Good luck!

I think I am going to get my invitations from there too! I cant decide between the Caroline and the 5 x 5 pocket fold, I just ordered samples fromo them on wednesday. Have you seen the samples?

I was just trying on Henry Roth''s today, I love 49040, I don''t think my store had yours, it''s so pretty though.

firebirdgold

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/29/2006 7:33:08 PM
The guest book...

It''s no ''Visitor Book'' like TravelingGal''s
31.gif
but I''m happy with it
2.gif

I''m never going to be able to look at another guest book again without laughing!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/29/2006 7:33:08 PM
The guest book...

It''s no ''Visitor Book'' like TravelingGal''s
31.gif
but I''m happy with it
2.gif
Hmph. *so jealous*
39.gif

Love the guestbook and love everything else. Classy, gorgeous, fairytale....that is what your wedding is shaping up to be!

ammayernyc

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/29/2006 7:17:54 PM
The invitations....

I think that this is the exact invitation that I''m doing. I''m ordering them next week!

47b6d702b3127cce8d7cff8eff3100000016100AbMmbJo3bMmNg
I just got an invitation in this style and it''s super pretty!

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results