shape
carat
color
clarity

Lanie,SeattleSweetheart, meresal, AprilD, any other 7/25 ladies....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/17/2009 10:42:23 AM
Author: DMBFiredancer
E I G H T!
26.gif
Whoop Whoop!!

Last day of work! C and I got half of the "OOT basket Thank You''s" done last night! He did such a great job!

DMBFiredancer

Brilliant_Rock
I just wrote a little note to put in my purse for the wedding that says:
"Remember to take a moment alone with FI to stop, look around, and soak it all in"

That was a piece of advice from a friend. She said it goes by soooooo fast that you need to remember to take the time to stop and just LOOK and take a mental picture.

She also said, "Make sure you look at the sky that day - you''ll never forget how it looked" - cute advice!

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
This is so funny...I write notes to myself like this all the time! I call them Future Dwight notes (if there are any Office fans out there). I am a teacher and I wrote a big note to myself for when I go back to school for the first time. Hahaha...glad I''m not weird anymore.
36.gif

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
AND...my father collects antique cars, and he has this gorgeous white one that we were going to drive away in...a 1962 Chrysler Imperial. Anyway, it needs an engine rebuild, and he found out about this YESTERDAY, so I was scrambling around trying to find a limo. I didn''t want a limo...they just aren''t for me. So I ended up finding a white old San Francisco trolley car that will take the bridal party around to take pictures!!! I''m so excited! We have a 2 hour gap anyway, so we are going to fill it with trolley fun. We can even drink on board!!! I just booked it 10 minutes ago!!!

luvinlife

Shiny_Rock
Lanie,

We are saying in Oia. It appears we are going to be in Greece at the same time!!! I hope the weateher is fabulous. BTW, are you flying to Santorini or taking the ferry?

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
We fly into Athens, then we are taking Olympic Airways to Santorini. What are you guys doing?

I''m reading more and more that this is absolute high season in Santorini. I don''t mind crowds, and neither does FI, but we want to be able to get a spot on the beach without having to wake up at 5am to call it! I hope the weather is not too hot!

DMBFiredancer

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/17/2009 12:22:33 PM
Author: Lanie
I am a teacher and I wrote a big note to myself for when I go back to school for the first time. Hahaha...glad I''m not weird anymore.
36.gif

I do that, too! During the last month of school I keep adding things to the note so its in my desk when I go back in August! What grade do you teach? First grade for me.

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
I teach 7th grade Spanish. Probably the hardest grade to teach bc they are hormonal and just out of it sometimes. I used to teach at an all boys'' private high school for years. I LOVED that. It was so much fun. 7th grade is interesting...I love my school though, which keeps me there. All of my best friends teach kinder and 1st. I love their stories about accidents in class and just cute little kid stuff. I think it would be so rewarding to teach a kid to read!!!

DMBFiredancer

Brilliant_Rock
O N E
M O R E
W E E K ! ! ! !

Lynnie

Brilliant_Rock
6 DAYS!!! Wishing all you ladies a wonderful wedding day!!!
9.gif
36.gif

DMBFiredancer

Brilliant_Rock
Feeling surprisingly calm....

Have to run out and try to find more program paper (which i had a hard time finding in the first place because everyone was sold out) because there was a printing issue
7.gif
all of them got messed up...oh well, could be worse.

Going to start centerpieces today and darn, I STILL need some jewelry!

Have a great day ladies!

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Ohh man... I''ve been home since yesterday morning and haven''t stopped yet! The biggest hiccup, fort worth doesn''t have the same lotto scratch offs as Houston. So I''ve been to about 15 gas stations and one had 119 of the 250 I need. Hoping for better luck at the licqour stores tomorrow. Lol. We''ve finished the programs in a day and a half and the lottery ticket favor boxes will be one of 6 other things that will be complete at "end of day" tomorrow!!!

How is everyone else doing?!

DMBFiredancer

Brilliant_Rock
Finished centerpieces today and paper things (table name markers, placecards, favor signs.)

For our favors, I made a donation to the Best Friends Animal Society (the place "Dogtown" is filmed on National Geographic channel)
Our table names are baseball teams so I have the team logo on one side and a picture of us at that particular stadium on the other side.
Placecards are just plain print-your-own ones - need to put them in ABC order tonight.
Centerpieces are glass jars with sand, a candle, and shells. It was relaxing putting the shells nicely in there - FI and 2 of our friends did it outside on the deck over some wine...good times.

I also looked for a bracelet. I am not wearing a necklace so I feel like i HAVE to at least have a bracelet. My earrings are hanging crystal ones- ill try to take a pic. Part of me wants to just not bother stressing over finding a bracelet...will people really notice anyway?

Hope everyone is having a great night!

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
Yay!!!
36.gif
Five days!!! Cinco. Cinq. Cinque. Funf. (the last one should have the dots above the u)

I finished baking cookies for our OOT boxes, and FI only ate 1! Had an epifany that our pew bows are costing 80 through our florist, so I went to Michaels (they practically yell my name out when I walk in a la Cheers style) and bought ribbons and pew clips and my MOH''s mom is making them for me for 40 bucks!!!

Still have to alphabetize our place cards (thanks for the reminder DMB)

Getting waxed today
6.gif
14.gif

Cleaning the house today and tomorrow...big time cleaning.

Delivering OOT boxes tomorrow and Wednesday.

Just found out that 4 people who RSVP''d can''t make it. Boooo.

Need to finish wrapping Bmaid gifts and writing out their cards.

Find a low line bra.

Get heel grabbers for my awesome rehearsal dinner pumps.

Could that be it??!? Couldn''t sleep again last night!!!

SeattleSweetheart

Shiny_Rock
5 days until the wedding, but only 3 days until the families arrive! Luckily I only have 3 days of work this week, but I still have class. I don''t know how I''m going to stay caught up in my school work and have a wedding.
32.gif
OH WELL, I''m still going to have fun.
9.gif

My To Do list is almost done.
Have to write thank you notes to everyone.
Finish writing out the schedule for the big day
Then print out the schedule and distribute it to everyone
Mani/Pedi on Thursday
Finish packing
Clean the apartment
Run the car through the carwash

The rest of my to dos can''t be started until we get to the venue on Friday.
We''re doing our own centerpieces with fresh flowers. We only have 5 tables so it''ll be really easy.

I''m so ready to party!
9.gif
9.gif

DMBFiredancer

Brilliant_Rock
FIVE....wowzers!

seems like we''re all doing well with things to do. family arrives wednesday for me so today is big time cleaning day

also have to:
wrap presents / write out cards
finalize must have photo list and meet with photographer tomorrow
maybe find a bracelet
was car (thanks for the reminder seattle!)
mani/pedi friday
assemble programs (saving this to do with family so they feel like they''ve helped with something)
TRY to lay out a bit to get some more color on my back

have a great day everyone!

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Headache...headache...headache... I don''t know how any of you are working this week. More power to ya! I was fine until we started finishing the OOT baskets this evening. What a beating.
14.gif

Today:
- Couldn''t find any more lottery tickets, so FMIL got them in Houston and will be bringing them up with her tomorrow. However they won''t arrive till late, so tomorrow evening is probably going to be a very late one.
- We got everything needed to the florist.
- Picked up BM presents from monogramer, just need to be wrapped.
- Finished all programs (Yay!!)
- Finished all OOT baskets (Yay!!)

Tomorrow:
- FMIL''s RD planner is still trying to horn in on our wedding, so I need to put a stop to that first thing tomorrow morning.
11.gif

- Final meeting with reception venue
- Drop music selections off at church
- Find dress for after reception
- Finish favors in evening

Wednesday:
- C gets here
36.gif

- BIG cleaning day

I''m exhausted and heading to bed. I hope all you ladies are having a great wedding week!!! Can you believe we''re getting so close!?!

meresal

Ideal_Rock
How''s the weather everyone??
I woke up to thunderstorms again today... supposed to rain thru Thursday, nothing Friday and Saturday, and then rain Sunday thru Thursday of next week. lol. Guess we shall see.

DMBFiredancer

Brilliant_Rock
Sunny in the 70s here...So Cal

I cant believe FOUR MORE DAYS!

We cleaned like crazy yesterday. FI was a cleaning champ! Finishing cleaning today...meeting with photog at 11.
family arrives tomorrow morning! yikes!

Here''s a dumb question - can you take your dress to the cleaner for them to just steam it for you? Mine has gotten some wrinkles and I dont trust our hand held steamer thingy.

DMBFiredancer

Brilliant_Rock
Lanie - I just saw your thread on steaming...I am not paying that much! Did the hand steamer work out for you? I have one like this:
steamer

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
I called around our dry cleaners here, and to steam it was over a hundred dollars. One place quoted me something like 250. It''s ridiculous...and this was just steaming, not heirlooming. Just call some places and they might do it cheaper.

I bought a hand steamer and it worked as well as it could. I had a thread on it a couple of months ago.

DMBFiredancer

Brilliant_Rock
I put it in the bathroom with the shower on hot and it barely helped....i tried the hand steamer and it was so-so.

Just called one place that said $45. Worth my time and aggravation with the hand steamer.

Hopefully it really is 45 bucks!

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
45???? I''d jump on that in a heartbeat. Hand steaming took forever, and it wasn''t all that effective, but my dress wrinkles easily.

DMBFiredancer

Brilliant_Rock
he dropped it to 40 when i got there. i think he was amused when i was talking to my dress saying she will be in good hands and be ok...

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
Even better! I couldn''t remember what your dress looked like, so I went back and found it. So pretty! I loved your story about it too!!!

meresal

Ideal_Rock
40... That''s awesome! Congrats!
The sun is out now and it''s steaming up... We had our final meeting with the reception venue and it went well! Then a BM and I headed to the mall to try and find my after reception dress. Much to our surprise, WE DID! I''m finding a picture and then I''ll post!

Lanie, how was that waxing?!
28.gif

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
Yay!!! Picked up my bridal portraits from my photographer. I love them!!!! I can''t wait...it''s getting so real now.
36.gif

Packed (mostly) for the honeymoon,
Got more ribbon for OOT boxes (again, Michael''s should give me a frequent buyer discount),
About to get last minute OOT box stuff for people that decided to get hotels closer in town so they don''t have to drive,
Found a replacement sitter for the one that backed out on me this morning,
and about to clean clean and more clean!

Meresal...the waxing was GREAT!

I''m lying. It was awful.
32.gif
I wish I would have taken a shot of tequila or something before going in. Just took 2 Tylenol.

AAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! 3.5 more days!!!!!!!

DMBFiredancer

Brilliant_Rock
I am sooooo sick of cleaning!

We are pretty much done....picked up FI''s ring today - its so cool! I''ll have to post a pic.
Took my dress to get steamed - picking up Friday.
Took engagement ring to get replated and cleaned so its shiny when it meets its new friend
Cleaned car...filled gas
Went grocery shopping
Family arrives tomorrow!

FI just told me his guys are taking him out on Thursday night so I''m planning a ladies night with my girls now :)

Other than that, I think we are going to go do ''shoes and brews'' on the beach for a bit to relax (play horseshoes and drink beers...lol) I''m ready for a drink! :)

This is it ladies...the home stretch!

:)

pan_manda

Rough_Rock
Lanie - I thought this would be the best way to get you. I just saw your shoes in the shoe thread and I
30.gif
your ceremony shoes!! Can you tell me who they are by?

Good luck this weekend ladies!!!!! You will all be gorgeous and I hope everything is perfect for you
36.gif

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
Pan manda...the ivory ones? Thanks! You will never believe it...they are from David''s Bridal. I saw them when I was in the store with my flowergirl and I really liked them. They are really comfy and like 60 or 70ish.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results