shape
carat
color
clarity

La Sposa Fanal brides

AWoolums

Rough_Rock
Hey Ladies,

I am looking for a La Sposa Fanal in a size 4 or 6. Do you have any suggestions as to where I can find one that is affordable? Does anyone want to sell theirs? I really appreciate your help. And I LOVE the suggestions you girls have posted about bustling the dress.

Amanda

zipzapgirl

Shiny_Rock
Amanda,

I would be careful about the sizing. I wear a 4 street size, but needed a 10 in this dress. It''s one of those designers that runs much differently than the normal clothing sizes.

Lots of gals on PS have used netbrides.com or other online sites and seemed happy. Also, RK Bridal has an online streamlined service, and they''re based out of NYC (so you can try it on if you live nearby and then order "no-frills").

Good luck with the search! I love the dress and got a lot of compliments!

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
Awoolums...ditto to what zipzapgirl said. I''m a street size 4 and ordered an 8.

blackbetty

Shiny_Rock
Amanda, I would sell you my dress in a heart beat (assuming I don''t ruin it, that is). Mine is pretty small on top, though. My measurements are roughly 32-25-36. I wear 34a, but there is a little room still in the dress after it was taken in. If you fit it, Ill sell it! My wedding is 10-10.

carend

Rough_Rock

Hi Girls-

My cousin tryed on the La Sposa Fanal dress in Oyster and just loved it! She is thinking about getting but hoping to get a lesser price than the $900 it retails for. Any suggestion on where you bought yours and are there any good sites online that sell the dress?

Also how long did it take to get your dress? Her wedding is in March and if we order now just want to make sure that we get it in time.

Thanks

41.gif

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
I got mine from a bridal salon in Houston. It was about 1200 after everything. You can look on preowned wedding dresses and they might have a used one. I ordered mine in September last year and got it in late February, so you might be cutting it close. They say allow 6 months bc it comes directly from Spain.

zipzapgirl

Shiny_Rock
I got mine from RK Bridal and it was $750 or $800 plus alterations.

You can also order via telephone or internet with the "no frills" option and I believe it might be cheaper, but you have to call to get a price quote.

http://www.rkbridal.com/

Cathlink

Rough_Rock
Hi there Fanal Brides!!!

My name is Kimberley, I am in California, and I just ordered the Fanal gown in Oyster. I actually had just begun my dress hunt a few weeks before I found the gown. I tried it one and bought it on the spot! I just fell in love with it! It is currently on order with the salon. I didn''t know the dress existed before I bought it and then I searched online and found this forum. You ladies have been super helpful so far!

I am currently trying to get a swatch of fabric since the oyster color is so unique, but it is proving to be a challenge. Did anyone have any success in this area?

I also wanted to ask if you ladies wore/are wearing a bustier underneath? Or is the dress itself supportive enough? And what color veil did you choose since to match with the oyster?

Any info would be so helpful! You girls all look gorgeous!

Kimberley

blackbetty

Shiny_Rock
they will make the dress so tight to keep it on you that you might not need anything supportive, but my seamstress is sewing in cups, since i need the help.

my dress is oyster. it is pretty difficult to match. thanks for reminding me, though...i need to go back to the tux shop with my swatch to see if i like the groom''s vest color. my flower girls are wearing ivory dresses & my veil is a dark ivory from occannesy designs. it''s slightly lighter than the dress, but it works. it''s only a one layer, so i don''t think it''s super obvious. my mom seems to think it''s perfect.

also, to the p.p., you probably won''t find it under $900. that''s about what i paid ($850, i think) but i''ve seen it higher in 2 or 3 other shops, including one that alledges it''s gowns are discounted & samples...usually $1200-1300.

zipzapgirl

Shiny_Rock
As far as the dress goes, it has something like wire bracing in the bodice that will provide a lot of support. I had cups sewn in and wore a regular strapless pushup bra for oomph
28.gif
, but I think you could do without depending on your preference/figure. There is also an inner bra strap thing around the waist that is meant to keep the dress from falling down or creeping up.

As far as the color goes, my veil was creme and there wasn''t any color disparity.

Cathlink

Rough_Rock

Thanks for the info girls! Happy Friday!

I am happy to hear that you both are also wearing oyster, it is such a fabulous colour and terribly unique. Having cups sewn in is a great idea, I will bring that up with the seamstress when my dress finally arrives.

Blackbetty how did you get a swatch? Is it from the designer or just extra material from when you had it altered?

Is anyone thinking of having a lace-up corset put into the back of the dress? I really wanted that characteristic in my wedding dress and the boutique said that their seamstress could do it, and I wanted to see if anyone else is having that done?

blackbetty

Shiny_Rock
the swatch is from the alterations. also, before you get your heart set on the corset back, get a quote. the alterations to take my dress in, hem, & bustle for $400! i don''t see why it wouldn''t work, but keep the boning in--the dress is pretty darn heavy.

Cathlink

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the advice blackbetty, I will definitely get a quote first!

Miya03

Shiny_Rock
Hey ladies!

I am pretty sure that I''m going to buy the Fanal in Ivory. I think I''m going to add an Augusta Jones belt with sparkles to the waist also.

Lanie--did you get yours from Maison de Mode in Houston? I think I recognize the shop in your photos. That''s where I found mine! If so, did you use them for alterations or did you go to someone else? They told me it will be at least $350 for the alterations, which seems like a lot.

Also, I almost fit into the size 10 right now, but I''m planning on losing some weight (my wedding isn''t until May) but they suggested that I order a size 12 and have it taken in. Any advice? Should I buy the size 10 or 12?

I''ll try to find a way to upload the pics.

jennybean

Rough_Rock
Chi Bride -

Is your name Laura? If it is my friends were at your wedding and I just saw a bunch of pictures of you on Facebook. Too funny. If it is you, everything looked beautiful!

chibride10

Rough_Rock
Hilarious! That absolutely is me. The dress (and everything else) was amazing! I''ll post pics to this thread when I get back from my honeymoon :) :)

Who are your friends?!?!

Ali

Shiny_Rock
No sales allowed on the forums

MagsyMay

Brilliant_Rock
To all you beautiful La Sposa Fanal brides, I have a question.

After admiring the dress on here and several other sites, I really think it is THE dress for me. Now I have never tried it on, but have found a seller on a used bridal gown site that is selling a Size 10 in Ivory for $600 and says she is a street size 4 and had the gown taken in a bit because she had to fit the largest part of her (she said she was thick through the ribcage, but her pictures don''t look it!). She sent me loads of pictures (her wedding was late July) and assures me that the gown is in like-new condition and any slight dirt on the under part of the gown came out already when she had it professionally dry cleaned right after the wedding.

I am seriously considering buying the gown from her even though I haven''t tried it on. She is exactly my height (so no hemming required hopefully). I think I might be a tad bit smaller than her, as I usually wear a street size 2, sometimes 0 depending on the brand. But I figure taking gowns in is supposedly the easy part right? I don''t think the alterations would be drastic at all, maybe just a nip and tuck here and there.

So what do you girls think? Do you think it is insane to buy a dress you''ve never seen on your own body? Do you think the size difference would be too much and that it would cause costly alterations or that it would change the shape and look of the dress? Let me know what you think and feel free to tell me if I''m just plain ole crazy!!
31.gif

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
Miya03 -- Hey! Sorry I''m just now reading this. YES! I bought it from there. They were super helpful. I didn''t get my alterations done there. They told me the same price as an approximation. I took mine to a lady who did a FABULOUS job on my bustle and everywhere else and she was a fraction of the cost. She is at a place called Professional Tailor or something generic like that on the corner of 1960 and Stuebner/veterans parkway. It''s in a strip mall, kind of shady looking, behind a Kinko''s, really close to T Carolyn''s if you know that place. Anyway, she did a great job for a total of maybe 200??? I took it to Beautiful U (which is big time recommended) and they quoted me 650! The dress is very complicated to alter, especially with the bustle how I wanted it. Post some pics! I would get a size bigger. I got a size bigger, ended up losing some weight, and it turns out that I should have just gotten a size smaller, but you never know. sometimes we say we want to lose the weight and we don''t lose as much, or lose too much. good luck!

jennybean

Rough_Rock
Laura -

Angie Friedman, Steve Reynolds girlfriend, is one of my best friends (and in my wedding), and I know Kathleen Holthaus though her. I saw your pics through them. That is so funny. I knew you looked familiar.

Have fun on your honeymoon!

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
No offense jennybean, but would your friends appreciate you listing their full names on a public forum?? There are a lot of creeps out there, besides the fact that it''s against forum policy.

jennybean

Rough_Rock
Sunnyd - their fully names are listed on Facebook as public names. Not too much you can do with a first and a last name. Have fun at your weddings.

Miya03

Shiny_Rock
ok i''ve been trying to figure out how to post pics, but i can''t seem to do it using tinypic, and i don''t know how to resize my images on my computer (too large--using Paint). help please!!!

Ali

Shiny_Rock

chibride10

Rough_Rock
Hi ladies! As promised, I put up a new thread with some non-pro pictures...lots with the dress! Here''s two to add to this thread! And Jenny, I totally remembered who your friends were the second I signed off last time---how exciting! Congrats to you!

kathleen_1b.jpg

chibride10

Rough_Rock
And the back...I had it altered to have more of a "v" back.

nick_3.jpg

blackbetty

Shiny_Rock

Here are mine from 10/10 as well.

wed12 - recessional smaller.JPG

blackbetty

Shiny_Rock
Bustled w/no veil

1st dance - smaller.JPG

MagsyMay

Brilliant_Rock
BlackBetty you looked stunning!! Must see more pictures!! Of everything!!

Miya03

Shiny_Rock
Oh wow both of you look beautiful!!! Congrats!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results