shape
carat
color
clarity

La Sposa Fanal brides

blackbetty

Shiny_Rock
by the way, chibride, i'm a chicago bride with the same dress AND same wedding date!

and violet, i paid $800, so not too steep. the store was wedding belles in barrington, il.

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
IMO, no to the sweetheart mod. It makes it look like every other strapless from Davids
38.gif

I
30.gif
it as designed.
1.gif

blackbetty

Shiny_Rock
it''s not for me (i''ve got nothing to show off up there), but lanie, i think it looks wonderful on you!

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
I prefer it with the original neckline. So beautiful!!
1.gif

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
Hmmm...now i''m starting to question the sweetheart.

I do NOT want it to look like every other dress, which is why I thought of the sweetheart.

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Blackbetty - 800$???? that's a steal - i never thought the LaSposa line would be that reasonable...if i didn't already have a dress i would go right out and find one to try on! Can't wait to see it on you
9.gif

Lanie, i think you'll look lovely in either the sweetheart or the original neckline. The neckline with a sweetheart shape ABSOLUTELY DOES NOT look like every dress out there at David's Bridal. I've seen pictures of you in both necklines - they are both lovely. Neither look more or less generic than the other and you look absolutely beautiful in both.

chibride10

Rough_Rock
Date: 4/24/2009 5:03:59 PM
Author: blackbetty
by the way, chibride, i''m a chicago bride with the same dress AND same wedding date!

and violet, i paid $800, so not too steep. the store was wedding belles in barrington, il.
Blackbetty: That is WAY too funny. What a coincidence! Same city, same dress, same date AND same veil thought-process. We definitely need to talk more about details then! By the way, you paid less than I did for the dress...grr! :)

WinksElf: I''ll definitely check out that bustier. Thanks for the suggestion!

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
I like both neck lines, preferred the sweetheart, then the original, so uh, I like both!

blackbetty

Shiny_Rock
So, my dress had come in late February, and though I gaineda couple pounds, my bum was still the same size. The shop, however, had ordered it in the wrong size, mistakenly getting one based off my (considerably smaller) bust measurement. It was pretty humiliating having 2 ladies try to stuff you in a dress like a sausage in a casing, even more so since it was unsuccessful. So they ordered another, a size up. It was a half inch smaller than my bum, but I told them to order it since I could definitely shed a couple inches by late June when it would come in (and I really didn''t want to take the top in 3 sizes).

Well...it''s here. I''m going in tomorrow. I don''t know if they put a rush on it because of the mistake or if someone ordered one & didnt like it, but in case you haven''t done the math it''s 2 months less than I thought I had to get in sharpe.

It was around the time the 1st dress came in when I got off 4 months of the most grueling, draining 10 hour work days, which--with commute-- had me gone 7am-8pm. I just couldn''t get to the gym then, but in the last 2+ months I''ve gone 5 hours a week. I''ve lost 10-11 lbs, and one lousy inch from my butt (how that''s possible w/no boobs & no belly is beyond me). Anyway, it''s here & I''ll be finally seeing how I look in it, or so I hope. Assuming I can get it on, tehre will be pics. Wish me luck...

zipzapgirl

Shiny_Rock

Hi, I''m a bit of a lurker here, but I''m also a La Sposa Fanal bride

1.gif

Here are some pics of my first fitting so you can get an idea. I have the ivory color dress. It''s not strange like the picture--just light creme like most other wedding dresses!

My dress_first fitting_front_xsmall.jpg

zipzapgirl

Shiny_Rock
This is my bustle. It is called Frambouch (sp?) and has 17 tie-up points.
The seamstress had a bit of a tough time with the bustle since there are so many folds. There are ties in three different layers of the dress.
And don''t worry, this was the first pinning session, so we got the length right in the end.

I''m getting married in two weeks and can''t wait to put this on!

Copy of My dress_first fitting_bustle.jpg

blackbetty

Shiny_Rock
I put on the new dress & it seemed big. I said to the woman helping me "I bet if I'd fit in the old dress in another month or 2." She said "This one is pretty big on you--you'd probably fit in it now. Do you want to try it on?" I was surprised they still had it. I tried it on & it fit perfectly on the bottom (the top needs to be taken in quite a bit). Hooray!

mylasposa.JPG

LadyBlue

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/25/2009 10:27:48 PM
Author: ilovesparkles
I like both neck lines, preferred the sweetheart, then the original, so uh, I like both!

The dress is just so beautiful, I like the sweetheart better, the original is gorgeous as well
30.gif
30.gif

blackbetty

Shiny_Rock
zipzap, i forgot to say thanks for posting those pics. the dress is very flattering on you--it really makes you look curvy in all the right places!

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
Zipzap-- you look great! I love your bustle!!! I wish I would have seen that idea when I was battling with my tailor. Congrats on your upcoming wedding!

Blackbetty -- I don''t know what size you were before, but you look GREAT. You said you lost 10-11 pounds??? Glad everything worked out with your dress!

I''m keeping the original neckline. I''m too uncomfortable with the sweetheart style...too low for my own taste. I pick mine up this Thursday, then I''m getting it steamed, then I have my bridal portraits next Thursday!!!

chibride10

Rough_Rock
Blackbetty and ZipZap, the dress looks amazing on both of you! I love how figure-flattering this dress is.

blackbetty

Shiny_Rock
Lanie--very exciting! I''m sure they''ll turn out beautifully & I hope yuo''ll post them. My hair peice from etsy doesn''t match my dress, so I''m a little jealous that you get to wear it (it''s so darn pretty!). Oh, well...maybe I can sell it or give it to my maid of honor if it matchs her dress when she gets married next yera.

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/4/2009 11:10:38 AM
Lanie--very exciting! I''m sure they''ll turn out beautifully & I hope yuo''ll post them. My hair peice from etsy doesn''t match my dress, so I''m a little jealous that you get to wear it (it''s so darn pretty!). Oh, well...maybe I can sell it or give it to my maid of honor if it matchs her dress when she gets married next yera.
BlackBetty - you look fantastic in your dress! i love the color, fit, everything - you will be such a beautiful bride
1.gif

blackbetty

Shiny_Rock
violet - thanks so much! i really appreciate that. is your dress posted somewhere yet?

chibride - did you get yours at 826? i love that place!

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/4/2009 2:13:51 PM
violet - thanks so much! i really appreciate that. is your dress posted somewhere yet?

chibride - did you get yours at 826? i love that place!
here''s the link to mine with some photos https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/after-a-few-rounds-i-bought-a-dress.108667/

I never tried on your dress, but the first photos i saw of it really made me lean toward satin, pleating, and simple. Your dress is stunning, and from what i have seen on here, looks great on so many of you lucky la sposa ladies!

chibride10

Rough_Rock
Oooh, ZipZap and Blackbetty, I LOVE the dress on both of you! It''s so flattering. Lanie, do you have pics from your bridals yet?

Also, what are you ladies thinking of in terms of jewelry?

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
Hey Chibride! YES! I have photos from my bridals...the nonpro ones. The pro ones he uploaded and I''ve seen them, but I can''t right click and save them. Here are some:

Bridal portraits! 014a.JPG

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
in this one I like how my veil caught the wind...

Bridal portraits! 033a.JPG

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
I like the shape of my dress in this one!

Bridal portraits! 041a.JPG

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
These pictures don''t do justice to the beauty of this dress, NOR to my complete elation at getting all dolled up. My wedding is 2 months from TOMORROW.
36.gif

Bridal portraits! 023a.JPG

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
And to answer your question on jewelry...I''m wearing drop crystal earrings (Nadri)

http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/2911877?Category=&Search=True&SearchType=keywordsearch&keyword=nadri+in+Jewelry&origin=searchresults

and a pearl and diamond brooch bracelet I had made from Etsy. I didn''t want to wear a necklace...I''m going more the simple route. I don''t know if you can see in the pictures, but I have a flower in my hair under my veil, and I''m going to remove the veil after the ceremony. I had my veil on for 10 whole minutes when I looked down and noticed a snag in it! Thankfully it''s down by the bottom edge, so my mom is going to cut off that part and I can still wear it and it''s still long. Phew!!!

What are you thinking Chibride? When is your wedding again?

notdub75

Rough_Rock
Hi Girls....New to this but am also a "Fanal" bride!! Am so excited to see other ladies with the dress on in pictures as I can hardly remember how it looks at the moment. I paid the deposit in January but wont get to see it until the end of the month when I go for the fittings.

Lanie you look amazing in your pictures....I''m sure the pro ones are even better!!

zipzapgirl

Shiny_Rock
I am fresh back from the wedding and honeymoon--everything was spectacular. Dress was very well received!
2.gif

I went with freshwater pearls for my jewelry. I wanted something traditional, yet modern that I could wear again. I also got the two bridesmaids freshwater pearls. their dresses were different styles of the same color and material and their jewelry was also similar but individualized according to the neckline. They liked them. All were from Etsy, albeit different sellers.

My jewelry1.jpg

zipzapgirl

Shiny_Rock
Here are the matching earrings.

My jewelry2.jpg

zipzapgirl

Shiny_Rock
Sorry, that was a little bit big! Still working on my picture sizing
3.gif

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results