shape
carat
color
clarity

La Sposa Fanal brides

wedinblue

Rough_Rock
Full length shot outside - my photog made me take silly pics with my veil.

101009_0278.jpg

wedinblue

Rough_Rock
View of bustle during our first dance.

101009_0630.jpg

wedinblue

Rough_Rock
Romantic updo with dangling earrings.

101009_0651.jpg

MagsyMay

Brilliant_Rock
Wedinblue: Oh my gosh, you looked absolutely beautiful!!! I love the accentuated sweetheart neckline! It looks fabulous on your figure! Breathtaking, seriously!

I''m soooo torn! I LOVE LOVE LOVE how this dress looks on every one of you brides... except ME! I don''t know if it is my lack of a waist or just that the dress was so large and clamped in the back so that it didn''t really show off the shape of the dress or what!
14.gif

I was so dead set on this dress I almost bought it used without having even tried it on, and once I did, I just don''t know. Maybe my body is the problem? I am more of a straight down type, but I''d like to think I have ''some'' waist to me naturally, and that the dress would even accentuate that. Maybe my lack of boobs is the problem?? I have a fairly small chest and thicker waist, so maybe those two combined is bad news? It seems to really flatter you girls with decent curves! Maybe I''m just too boxy? I''m going to try it on again in a few weeks when I''m back home, so I hope I change my mind.

Sighhhh! Thanks for letting me vent and keep the pictures on a comin''! I love seeing how gorgeous this dress looks on girls of all shapes and sizes, as well as the different accessories that are chosen!

emarie

Rough_Rock
Love the shoes mke_bride!! I plan on wearing non-white/ivory shoes with my dress, probably gold or turquoise, so it's exciting to see what other brides have chosen!
Also, it's SO encouraging to hear that you called around & found the Fanal for $800! Maybe I should call around WI, too! (I'm from MN.)

I tried on gowns for the first time last weekend. The Fanal in Oyster was the surprising favorite - surprising because it made me look spectacular, and nothing else compared! It works with my grandmother's 3-tiered pearl necklace (was bomb intermingled with a white/gold necklace), and the simple net-veil (aka birdcage) made for a very pretty picture. However, the shop's price is $1140. With alterations at $300 (???!), I'm not sold.
So, Fanal-fans, I have a couple Qs that someone might have an answer for...
35.gif

1- Since Fanal is a 2009 style, do you think the odds of finding it marked-down (new) or in great condition on consignment are in my favor? Is it realistic to think I could find it for $500-700?
2- How much did you ladies pay for alterations?
3- If I find it pre-owned, should I look for a size up to be sure that it can be altered to fit me (in addition to knowing the skirt's post-alt length)?

thx :)

englishrose

Rough_Rock
Hi emarie

The Fanal has actually been carried over to the 2010 La Sposa collection (along with a few others), so you might not find it on a sale rail. However it''s definitely worth checking pre-owned sites. I can''t find a second-hand one in the UK in my size - must be a popular style!

I am thinking of ordering either the Fanal in oyster or the Felicidad. I get married in August so I have to be quick, but I just can''t choose!

TheFutureMrsH

Rough_Rock
Hello Fantastic Fanal brides!
I have been following this thread for quite some time and as my day approaches (April 24th!) I thought I''d share some of my pictures from my first fitting. I am adding one of my hair too.

mke_bride, I got the same shoes but in navy! I guess great minds think alike; same shoes, wedding month and dress!

IMG00035-1.jpg

TheFutureMrsH

Rough_Rock
LOL! Sorry that last picture was so huge! Here are my shoes.

tfmhshoes1234.jpg

TheFutureMrsH

Rough_Rock
Sorry, I''m not sure why my files are so large... I will hold off on posting until I can fix the problem...
~TheFutureMrsH

TheFutureMrsH

Rough_Rock
Ok, lets try this again...

navyshoes.jpg

TheFutureMrsH

Rough_Rock
Here is the front of my dress.

frontdress.jpg

TheFutureMrsH

Rough_Rock
Side of my dress...

sidedress.jpg

TheFutureMrsH

Rough_Rock
Back of dress...

backdress123456789.jpg

TheFutureMrsH

Rough_Rock
I am wearing an ivory elbow length veil made of glimmer tulle, it looks so beautiful in the light! And I''m having a cap sleeved lace bolero made and the neckline of the dress made into a sweetheart.
I''m getting so excited!

wedinblue

Rough_Rock
@MagsyMay - thanks - you're so sweet! Sorry you feel that way about yourself in the dress, but i'm sure it just needs alterations. has anyone else seen you in the dress and given their opinion? good luck for when you try it on again at home - let us know how it goes!

@emarie - i paid $500 for alterations - the usual alterations + sweetheart neckline + bustle. it was more than i expected, but i did only pay $726 for the dress itself (and no tax!) so i think it was a pretty good price in the end. i would also go with the size up just in case, better to take in than add on, especially when the previous owner won't have the same exact measurements as you.

MagsyMay

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/4/2010 11:27:34 PM
Author: wedinblue
@MagsyMay - thanks - you're so sweet! Sorry you feel that way about yourself in the dress, but i'm sure it just needs alterations. has anyone else seen you in the dress and given their opinion? good luck for when you try it on again at home - let us know how it goes!

I came back to look at your beautiful pictures again! I posted pics of me in the dress, although I don't know how to post the link to the thread. Here is the URL though, wish I knew how to make it clickable!

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/first-dress-shopping-trip-need-opinions-with-pictures.129707/

That should be it! I'm really short and boxy and nothing seems to look good on me the more I look!
5.gif

wedinblue

Rough_Rock
Date: 2/4/2010 11:45:49 PM
Author: MagsyMay

@MagsyMay - thanks - you''re so sweet! Sorry you feel that way about yourself in the dress, but i''m sure it just needs alterations. has anyone else seen you in the dress and given their opinion? good luck for when you try it on again at home - let us know how it goes!

I came back to look at your beautiful pictures again! I posted pics of me in the dress, although I don''t know how to post the link to the thread. Here is the URL though, wish I knew how to make it clickable!

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/first-dress-shopping-trip-need-opinions-with-pictures.129707/

That should be it! I''m really short and boxy and nothing seems to look good on me the more I look!
5.gif

@MagsyMay - Thanks for sharing the link to your pictures. I think the Fanal looks great on you! I really think it''s just the lack of alterations. For example, the skirt looks bunched up because it hasn''t been hemmed yet, and the dress does give you a waist - what boxiness? The pleats towards the side definitely gives curves. Like the other readers of your post, the Fanal is definitely better than the Lizana or Fresa. Have you considered adding a sweetheart neckline as well? That would add more curves and draw more attention to the neckline. I myself didn''t think I have much of a waist either, but the dress fixes that!

MagsyMay

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/7/2010 12:44:11 PM
Date: 2/4/2010 11:45:49 PM

Author: MagsyMay

@MagsyMay - thanks - you''re so sweet! Sorry you feel that way about yourself in the dress, but i''m sure it just needs alterations. has anyone else seen you in the dress and given their opinion? good luck for when you try it on again at home - let us know how it goes!

I came back to look at your beautiful pictures again! I posted pics of me in the dress, although I don''t know how to post the link to the thread. Here is the URL though, wish I knew how to make it clickable!

That should be it! I''m really short and boxy and nothing seems to look good on me the more I look!
5.gif

@MagsyMay - Thanks for sharing the link to your pictures. I think the Fanal looks great on you! I really think it''s just the lack of alterations. For example, the skirt looks bunched up because it hasn''t been hemmed yet, and the dress does give you a waist - what boxiness? The pleats towards the side definitely gives curves. Like the other readers of your post, the Fanal is definitely better than the Lizana or Fresa. Have you considered adding a sweetheart neckline as well? That would add more curves and draw more attention to the neckline. I myself didn''t think I have much of a waist either, but the dress fixes that!

Thank you for your sweet compliments
1.gif
I just feel like the dress looks so wonderful on everyone on this thread, so hopefully with the right alterations, it can look half as good on me too! I''m going shopping again in 2 weeks and will try it on again. Maybe this time they''ll be able to give me a better idea of how it would look once altered?? We''ll see! Thanks again and I loved all your pictures of your dress and wedding day!

wagswifetobe

Rough_Rock
Wabride: Thanks for posting the picture. I will definitely keep checking back as my date approaches.

Chibride: You were an absolutely STUNNING bride! Where ever did you find such a beautiful necklace? I love your shoes!

Wedinblue: You look amazing in the Fanal! Thanks for sharing all your wedding day photos. Your veil and hair are so pretty.

Emarie: Do you mind me asking where in MN you''re from? I grew up in southeastern MN and currently live in SD. I purchased my Fanal in MN a few months ago for a cheaper price and after I purchased it, I realized I could get in here in SD for even less.

TheFutureMrsH: Wow, you''re wedding will be here before you know it. Congrats! Love the navy shoes and the hair!

Koi

Rough_Rock
I have already purchased a dress that I love, however today, just looking to look, I found this dress and this forum. I LOVE THIS DRESS!! I am really considering switching my dresses out. My weddings not till Dec of this year so I have plenty of time. The cut is similar. Drop waist a-line with a sweetheart neckline. When I initially began looking for dresses I wanted something off white and simple with no bling/beading. However the dress I ended up with is Diamond White with embleshings. I do LOVE MY DRESS, bBut now I''m not sure if I love it more than the Fanal.

AAAAAHHHHH!! I''m going to see if I can find a store near me that has this dress, just to try on and truly see!!!

btw, all of the girls that have posted pics, you all look gorgeous in this dress!!

Lanie-
La La La Loooooooooove this dress. It looks wonderful on you.
Can you tell me where you got the alterations done?
I have never seen a bustle like yours on this dress. Mine comes in this March and
I want that exact bustle. Thanks you!!!!

gls

Shiny_Rock
oh how I love the fanal
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

I do hope to wear a pronovias dress on my wedding day, not sure if it will be the fanal though. I think we can all agree that their fabrics are amazing and the workmanship just unique.

swooon
5.gif

wabride

Rough_Rock
OMG! I haven''t checked back here in too long and I missed so much!!

All you ladies look MAGNIFICENT in the Fanal!!! I can not thank you enough for posting pictures!!!!

wedinblue: Your wedding was gorgous and you looked perfect in the Fanal! I love the alterations that you had done to it to really make it "yours"; the bustle you choose is so perfect!

thefutureMrsH: I''m so with you... I stalked this site forever too! (oh and I''ve had the same problem with the sizing pictures too!) You''re shoes are adorable in Navy! Love the hair piece!! You look SO amazing in this dress! I can''t WAIT to see the pictures from your wedding!!! You better not forget about us! :)

magsymay: you must have lost your mind lady, because you look so amazing in the Fanal!! Just imagine yourself in it when it''s altered to you and fits you like a glove (I know, it''s hard! I''m still waiting for my dress to come in and it''s really hard for me to imagine what it will look like on me.) One thing I found helpful was my consultant actually stood behind me and held the dress tight with her hands so that my sister could take a few pics of what it "will look like" when it''s fit; we took a million pics of me in the dress and only 3 of her doing this (it''s a lot of work to hold me in that tight and a women can only do it for so long :) ) and it really makes a difference, I can post them together for you if you''d like and you can see how much it changes when they actually hold it because those little clips can''t properly hold my "girls" down ;-)

chibride: I''ve seen your pictures on this site before and I can''t get enough. Your wedding was spectacular!

Here are my shoes. The green ones are my reception shoes, the Ivory ones are the ceremony shoes (we''re having a Catholic church wedding so it''s a great excuse for me to get to wear TWO shoes in one day, I love SHOES so I''ll take any excuse I can get!) hehe

wabride1.jpg

wabride

Rough_Rock
this is a picture I found online of the shoes, as mine have not arrived here yet...

wabride2.jpg

reilani

Rough_Rock
Hello All! Thank you SOOO much for those great pics and discussion. Im purcahsing this dress too -- after almost not, thinking it too plain and that the future hubby would think it too plain....actually chose another dress and the next day called back to say no no no - the Fanal, then started asking everyone which one, and if they didnt pick the Fanal defended the Fanal and finally realized, its the dress because no matter what people say, I say, why not the Fanal or yes yes, the Fanal! so Im now a Fanal bride.

What Im wondering from all of you is it worth ordering this dress as Hollow to Hem - it cost more, but I am short. ChiBride - you said you were 5-0, Im 5-4-ish...maybe 5-3. did you do a hollow to hem, or just order the size then alter? Im not sure if its necessary because there is no desing at the bottom, but does it make it a bit easier to bustle and then eliminate the need to hem, so i come out even with some of the alterations?

Im not sure what to do - when i was looking at a dress that had beading at the bottom, i knew i needed the hollow to hem, now -- not sure.

Help!!!

THanks!

MsP

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/30/2010 3:54:54 PM
Romantic updo with dangling earrings.
101009_0651.jpg
oooh... ! Where are the earrings from??? I looooove them!

MagsyMay

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/10/2010 4:53:36 PM
Author: wabride
OMG! I haven''t checked back here in too long and I missed so much!!

All you ladies look MAGNIFICENT in the Fanal!!! I can not thank you enough for posting pictures!!!!

wedinblue: Your wedding was gorgous and you looked perfect in the Fanal! I love the alterations that you had done to it to really make it ''yours''; the bustle you choose is so perfect!

thefutureMrsH: I''m so with you... I stalked this site forever too! (oh and I''ve had the same problem with the sizing pictures too!) You''re shoes are adorable in Navy! Love the hair piece!! You look SO amazing in this dress! I can''t WAIT to see the pictures from your wedding!!! You better not forget about us! :)

magsymay: you must have lost your mind lady, because you look so amazing in the Fanal!! Just imagine yourself in it when it''s altered to you and fits you like a glove (I know, it''s hard! I''m still waiting for my dress to come in and it''s really hard for me to imagine what it will look like on me.) One thing I found helpful was my consultant actually stood behind me and held the dress tight with her hands so that my sister could take a few pics of what it ''will look like'' when it''s fit; we took a million pics of me in the dress and only 3 of her doing this (it''s a lot of work to hold me in that tight and a women can only do it for so long :) ) and it really makes a difference, I can post them together for you if you''d like and you can see how much it changes when they actually hold it because those little clips can''t properly hold my ''girls'' down ;-)

chibride: I''ve seen your pictures on this site before and I can''t get enough. Your wedding was spectacular!

Here are my shoes. The green ones are my reception shoes, the Ivory ones are the ceremony shoes (we''re having a Catholic church wedding so it''s a great excuse for me to get to wear TWO shoes in one day, I love SHOES so I''ll take any excuse I can get!) hehe

Aww thanks, you are too sweet. I LOVE LOVE LOVE your shoes, BOTH pairs, but those green ones are just gorgeous!!! I know it''s hard to see what the dress looks like you when it doesn''t fit well and when there''s 2 feet of fabric bunching at your ankles if you''re a shortie like me! I just have to have faith that the dress will look as wonderful on me as it does on everyone else. I have to say, it might be the most universally flattering dress I have ever seen! I''ve seen pics of size 2-18 on various sites, and it looks great on everyone, doesn''t it?? A sign of a good designer to me!
9.gif

I can''t WAIT to see your wedding pics!!

hummingbirdbride

Rough_Rock

wabride: I LOVE your shoe selection!! both pairs are gorgeous. i have been looking for a green pair and was wondering if you would share where you found yours?

I am also wearing the fanal in oyster. I recently ordered my dress and can''t wait for it to arrive. the bustle is the big conundrum however I found the following picture that is insipiring:

reilani

Rough_Rock
Date: 2/11/2010 12:29:04 PM
Author: hummingbirdbride

wabride: I LOVE your shoe selection!! both pairs are gorgeous. i have been looking for a green pair and was wondering if you would share where you found yours?

I am also wearing the fanal in oyster. I recently ordered my dress and can''t wait for it to arrive. the bustle is the big conundrum however I found the following picture that is insipiring:

hummingbirdbride -- please please tell me what color is the oyster???? I need to order my dress.....i picked it last week and then went to try on a few others that came in white and love them but still am drawn to the Fanal. the store ONLY has teh ivory and no swatch or sample by make in oyster.

Chibride and blackbetty and others that posted pictures, the dress look more like a pearl with hints of gold and chibride, your coloring is similar to mine (I think) and you, and everyone else, looked great! (in oyster and ivory). I think i want oyster, but am wary of NOT seeing an actual sample of the fabric. the store owner said the designer picture IS accurate and it IS that dark and that gold - but everyone on here has said it is not and the pictures do NOT look that dark. they brought out a bridesmaid dress that was the closest they could find and it was like a beige with slight grey undertones.

I dont know what to do! I look better in white than ivory but cannot wear yellow (jsut doesnt look good on me, nor does gold itself) - but, seeing how well otherws with what looks to be similar coloring have looked like in the oyster....Im conflicted. since the store says no it really IS gold and just like the model in the La Sposa picture.

Anyone who has the oyster please please weigh in and maybe tell me your coloring. im part asian with dark brown/black hair, brown eyes and slight olive tone. Many have said the oyster didnt complement them but it seems soooo varied I just cant tell.

ho hum......to risk or not to risk.....

Help!

ps-did anyone bother to do a hollow to hem for this dress?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results