shape
carat
color
clarity

La de da land.. (I've gone to my happy place)

My future in-laws are just so weird.

They complain about the wedding and that it's destination.
They are going.
They are not going.
They are going..
Are they going?
THEY ARE GOING. They had their RSVP hand delivered by some creepy guy- to my parents house. My parents and them have never met, so this is a little... weird.
They are flying first class... but transportation from the airport to hotel is SO expensive ($75/) :roll:
They are throwing a grooms dinner.
Family and CLOSE friends only (at this point, I wasn't sure if MY family was invited)
It's not a grooms dinner if my bridal party isn't invited.. so they are now invited.
Now, every single person in town (minus 2 of my own guests and 2 of theirs not in town yet) are invited.
Why can't my two guests go?????
This dinner will cost more than my ceremony and reception and my dress-- I feel like I'm being 1-upped on my own wedding.
They have also invited 2 people to our wedding that only they know.. well, Fi's uncles- wifes- brother and wife.
So, ok, 4 people out of 28 people will know them.

So... now that my mom has future-step-mother-in-law's email.. I think I am going to put my foot down. Again.
I don't want people at my wedding that I don't know!!!!!!!! Good grief. I know more than a few people I could've invited that I would have rather seen there then these people (nice.. or not).

I also am stressed because I have no idea how to get 3 faux (yes.. :roll: ) bouquets of flowers down to vegas with my dress in the carry-on as well.

rant rant rant rant

I'm going crazy!
I considered canceling my photography but I think I might kick myself if I actually do that.

zipzapgirl

Shiny_Rock
bean said:
My future in-laws are just so weird.

They complain about the wedding and that it's destination.
They are going.
They are not going.
They are going..
Are they going?
THEY ARE GOING. They had their RSVP hand delivered by some creepy guy- to my parents house. My parents and them have never met, so this is a little... weird.
They are flying first class... but transportation from the airport to hotel is SO expensive ($75/) :roll:
They are throwing a grooms dinner.
Family and CLOSE friends only (at this point, I wasn't sure if MY family was invited)
It's not a grooms dinner if my bridal party isn't invited.. so they are now invited.
Now, every single person in town (minus 2 of my own guests and 2 of theirs not in town yet) are invited.
Why can't my two guests go?????
This dinner will cost more than my ceremony and reception and my dress-- I feel like I'm being 1-upped on my own wedding.
They have also invited 2 people to our wedding that only they know.. well, Fi's uncles- wifes- brother and wife.
So, ok, 4 people out of 28 people will know them.

So... now that my mom has future-step-mother-in-law's email.. I think I am going to put my foot down. Again.
I don't want people at my wedding that I don't know!!!!!!!! Good grief. I know more than a few people I could've invited that I would have rather seen there then these people (nice.. or not).

I also am stressed because I have no idea how to get 3 faux (yes.. :roll: ) bouquets of flowers down to vegas with my dress in the carry-on as well.

rant rant rant rant

I'm going crazy!
I considered canceling my photography but I think I might kick myself if I actually do that.

That all sounds really stressful about your FMIL and the Groom's Dinner. I hope you can talk some sense into her and get her to see that excluding only two people really is rude. It'd be different if there was some clear cutoff (family only, wedding party only, etc), but this is silly.

At least you'll have a couple of events for your guests, one of which you won't be paying for. There's the silver lining. ;))

Any chance you could just mail the bouquets to the hotel the week before? They're probably big, but not so heavy.
I flew with my dress carry on to Italy and they were super nice about hanging up my dress in the first class coat closet.

RhubarbPie

Shiny_Rock
I'm assuming the groom's dinner is the rehearsal dinner? I don't know how many people are coming to your wedding, but its pretty customary for out of town guests to be invited to the rehearsal dinner (and day after brunch, and any other 'activities' that are planned). Since you're having a destination wedding, all the guests are 'out of town' guests. I guess if you're having 200 guests at your destination wedding, you'd have to treat it differently, but for our destination wedding, we're having any where between 30-50 people and they'll all be invited to the rehearsal dinner. All events from Thursday to Sunday will be for all of our guests. You should give your FMIL a wedding etiquette book. Its inappropriate not to invite all of your out of town guests, and its also not right to not invite the people that are important to you, the bride.

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
Oh my.

:nono: :nono: :nono:

get your fiance to sort this out, this family is trampling all over you.

c'mon beanie, you gotta stand up for yourself (i mean this in the nicest way)!

A

Anonymous

Your FIL's are going to be in your life forever. Heck, my EX-IL's just chewed me out for a half hour over stuff that their son is responsible for. I didn't stand up for myself the first time they "misbehaved", and my ex-husband never did either. As a result, they feel like it's their right to treat me like garbage even to this day.

Your FI needs to put HIS foot down for BOTH of you to start your union out on the right foot. If he doesn't, it sends the message that he isn't going to protect you from their drama. That leads to (eventually) losing respect all around...it's just not good. I hope you can get this worked out soon. It's just not fair to have you stressed out because of them on a constant basis! :nono:

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
awwww....mine are strange as well. weddings really bring out the crazy in people, don't they? hang on - it'll all be worth it in the end.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results