shape
carat
color
clarity

just another girls wedding ideas...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pauls girl

Shiny_Rock
Since everybody has shown their incredible ideas for their weddings coming up, and posted photos I figured I would jump on that old bandwagon. My wedding is going to be in Sept of 2004 up in Portland, Oregon (I live in the Bay Area). I LOOVVEEEE the dramatic contrast of red with the light colors of a wedding. The photo shown will be my bridesmaid dresses... My bouquet will match their dresses exactly in red roses and NO filler..i don''t like babies breath or carnations or any of that. Just the roses tightly tied with a champagne colored ribbon (ribbon same color as my dress). The girls will carry champagne colored roses tied with a red ribbon. I am going to have a fishbowl in the center of each table for my centerpiece (champagne table cloths, red napkins)...the fishbowl will sit on a piece of reflective glass or something, and in the fishbowl will be a beta fish (aka siamese fighting fish) - the really pretty kind with the big fins - swimming around with clear and red flat marbles at the bottom of the fishbowl. On the surface of the fishbowl, will be a single white round floating candle burning....with rose petals (red of course) strewn about the table. My reception is at a beautiful historic hotel that has these incredible majestic crystal chandeliers that I can dim to a low glow over the entire room. My cake will be a simple white stacked cake with fresh red rose petals cascading all over the stacked tiers & slightly opened full roses covering the top of the cake. Buttercream frosting because, well YUM! I already posted links to my dress in an earlier thread..but that is the basic point. My wedding will be black-tie optional to keep with the dramatic and elegant theme. I hope the photo I post will not be too big....Sorry if it is. I will try to post more photos as I find them.

OOh...talking about it gets me excited again. I was really dragging my feet doing any more planning.

bridesmaid dress.jpg

pauls girl

Shiny_Rock
ignore the light pinkish dress..the red one is my bridesmaid dress

pauls girl

Shiny_Rock
I also figure..the fish can be used as an icebreaker to those sitting together who might not know each other very well, and I will have instructions on the care of the fish & some food so then at the end of the evening, those who want to can take the fish home...as long as they understand that they can't keep the fish around any other fish (they are bullies and could eat the other fish if they have any)

pauls girl

Shiny_Rock
Here are my wedding band and engagement ring...We still haven't decided on Paul's wedding band...

Tacori bands..center stone 1.21 carats..3 sided pave around the ring.

tacoriband.jpg

pauls girl

Shiny_Rock
Ok...Here is what I want our bouquets to look like but not in this color...Mine will be a deep velvety red & the bridesmaids will be a light ivory or champagne. all roses though.

bouquet.jpg

pauls girl

Shiny_Rock
Oh, what the heck...here is my dress again.

the dream.jpg

pauls girl

Shiny_Rock
This is very similar to the invitation that I want (but this one is too expensive). I will probably try to make one similar, using cream colored ribbon.

invitations.jpg

pauls girl

Shiny_Rock
The kind of fish that will be swimming in a clear round fishbowl on each table....(with a candle floating at the surface)

betafish.jpg

hawaii_justine

Rough_Rock
I love all of your ideas. Your dress is beautiful where is it from? Congratulations!!!! Justine

Kay

Ideal_Rock
I love both your wedding gown and the bridesmaid dresses. I am a bit concerned about the fish, though. I read a series of posts on the Knot where they talked about floating candles being harmful for the fish, either because of the heat or because the materials the candles are made from leach into the water. You might want to do a little research on that issue. Also, are you sure people will want to take a pet home from your wedding?

pauls girl

Shiny_Rock
Kay -I have known a few people who have done this and it has been just fine for the fish. After these weddings the thing people talk the most about is how neat it was & how they loved the fact that the fish added a different dimension to the party. That is how I got my siamese fighting fish at home. I know a lot of friends who would be happy to take the fish home, and since I am having a small wedding, there will only be about 7 fish to worry about - and I have already secured backup homes for them all. My brother alone would be happy to take them all if he could. I also saw those concerns on that website. I probably should have mentioned that the fishbowl I want has this seperate clear glass cup sitting on top where the candle sits in so that they aren't sharing the same water, but I was not thinking.

The dress is from David's bridal. Loved it the minute I tried it on.

DancinGirl

Shiny_Rock
Hey there,

Ya my reception hall won't allow fish in the bowls anymore because they have found an awful lot of them DEAD in their parking lot after weddings!! I wouldn't want to deal with that mess either. I can't blame them. I thought of the idea myself too, thinking it would be cool - but I decided against it before I even chose this place.

Sounds nice though - love the dresses!

canadiangrrl

Brilliant_Rock
I love your ring, flowers, and dresses (particularly your wedding gown - a unique take on the strapless style.) Not fond of the fish idea, though. I like the idea of giving guests something to talk about as an icebreaker - that's really thoughtful of you - but not by using live animals as decorations. Don't mean to offend, and I hope I haven't - just my opinion.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results