shape
carat
color
clarity

Jewelry Advice Poll

Should DancinGirl Wear a Necklace with the Dress shown in the Bride''s Post "Dresses"??

• YES she should (write your advice on what kind below in a reply)

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • NO she shouldn''t - it would be too much

• OTHER REPLY (please reply other thoughts below)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

DancinGirl

Shiny_Rock
Hi all...

I need help! If you see the post regarding dresses here, you''ll see a pic of me in my wedding dress that has a halter strap and sweetheart neckline.

Now here is my big quesion:

SHOULD I WEAR A NECKLACE WITH THIS?

And if So... what kind would look decent and not get caught in the strap?

HELP!!

magna2

Shiny_Rock
I think a nice pearl necklace will go nicely with your dress.

rodent.gif

pauls girl

Shiny_Rock
In my humble opinion, the neckline of your dress is so beautiful that any jewelry you wear around your neck would just distract from the dress. If I had your dress, and I was set on wearing a necklace, I would probably go for those "illusion" necklaces where it is just the diamond or whatever on an invisible "chain", so as to not distract from the halter neckline.

That neckline is so pretty all by itself, it really doesn't need anything else. What kind of earrings were you planning on wearing with the dress?

Just one gal's opinion...

-PG

Kay

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 11/13/2003 1:37:25 PM pauls girl wrote:

In my humble opinion, the neckline of your dress is so beautiful that any jewelry you wear around your neck would just distract from the dress. If I had your dress, and I was set on wearing a necklace, I would probably go for those 'illusion' necklaces where it is just the diamond or whatever on an invisible 'chain', so as to not distract from the halter neckline.

----------------

I agree. You do not really need a necklace. If you want to wear one, keep it very simple -- just a solitaire diamond (or other gemstone in a color that complements the dress) on a very fine/invisible chain so that the stone is suspended at the hollow of your throat or just below (16"-18" chain).

winyan

Brilliant_Rock
Ok, I'm torn.

Normally I'd say, do without a necklace, but I rather like the idea of one of those invisible pearl necklaces, rather like those Honera had out last year.

I think you know the kind, with the clear filament as a 'chain', and the pearls spread out with about an inch between? I think you said in your post your dress is pink and ivory. Either the pink or the ivory pearls would set off the dress.

But to play it safe, nothing is a good option as well!

win

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Personally I am not a fan of halters worn with necklaces, whether its a wedding dress or anything else....I feel that a halter has such a distinctive neckline that adding something else to it would really distract. The only thing I may say would look okay would be if you did something like a floating pendant, e.g. a diamond pendant....with nothing else. So it would be a sparkly dot. But again, I think that no necklace would work just as well, just wear some really beautiful dangling pearl earrings or similar.

1.gif

jenibear

Shiny_Rock
I have to add my vote for no necklace or a very simple illusion necklace just a bit longer than a choker.
But yanno, I would just buy a bunch of costume jewlery and try them on with the dress and then return everything - unless of course you fall in love with something!

DancinGirl

Shiny_Rock
Thank you for all your opinions! It's such a BUSY dress with detailing that I don't want a necklace to take away from it - plus it may hurt behind the neck wouldn't you think?

I like those very small thin chains with something like those 3 diamond pendant drop things - although SO overworn these days. Maybe a simple solitaire? Hmmm... another excuse to buy a diamond?? SURE why not?!

I have to find someone to do alterations soon so I may have to experiment with different things while I still have it in my possession. It's just a pain in the rear end to put on by myself!!!

I'll keep you posted, maybe take pics, and ask for my opinions then. I have NO idea about the earrings yet either. All depends on how I wear the hair - which is HARD with short hair.
THAT will be another hard choice I'll need help with! UGH the details!

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I voted no necklace. The gown doesnt need anything to compliment it.
1.gif
If you do decide you feel uncomfortable (or your mother wants you to wear a necklace
errrr.gif
) then I'd go with a tin-cup type of necklace but with either crystals or the same shade as the colour in your gown. Those necklaces come in a ton of colours. I'm not a fan of pearls.

Judy
:)

sxn675

Shiny_Rock
I said yes, and I think a solitaire diamond or pearl would be very pretty. I missed what you are wearing on your ears or if you're wearing a tiara, but it would be very pretty if that all coordinated. Either way, you will look beautiful!

DancinGirl

Shiny_Rock
Thank you for your post!

I am still debating about the necklace! I AM wearing a pearl/rhinestone and ceramic rum pink rose tiara. I'll try to post a pic in the next post. I don't have any solitaire necklaces, but a nice diamond one would be GREAT!
naughty.gif
I have no idea about the earrings yet either. I am thinking some small dangley (sp?) ones, since I have such short hair, I will probably we wearing it half up, half down.

I've been eyeing those fancy shapes like Regents, Princesses, Etc. I'll look into it.

THANKS!
appl.gif

DancinGirl

Shiny_Rock
Okay here is the tiara I bought with the dress. Please disregard the ugly model wearing it. My hair looks nothing like this rat's nest! LOL!!! I am also wearing a fingertip veil. (not pictured)
rolleyes.gif

Tiara.jpg

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ugh, I got caught in that "dress" thread! What a MENACE!

2.gif
I can't imagine what necklace would stand out near that dress: it would probably have to be HUGE... or not at all. At least I would go for the second option: no necklace. However, I would not get far from the dressing room in that dress without a nice pair of earings capable to highlight my face amid all that intricate silk and lace construction.
9.gif

Lanee

Brilliant_Rock
Val, what dress thread?

Dancin' I think no necklace.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results