shape
carat
color
clarity

It''s amazing how much can change in a matter of hours.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bubbly1126

Brilliant_Rock
So FI and I decide to go out yesterday and buy a new living room set. It''s the first one ever that we have bought together... the one we have now was given to us by his mother when we moved into the apartment. So we were pretty psyched that this was a our first big purchase together. We walked out of the store having purchased what they call the multiplex. Oh man, was this set nice! And so comfortable! We were beyond excited... (but at the same time, I was having an anxiety attack at having to spend SO MUCH on just one single purchase... I have issues, I know. haha)

So this morning the phone rings and it''s my dad. He states that an apartment opened up where he lives. (He and my step mother live with my aunt in a huge house with a few apartments. This house is actually owned by the church where my aunt is a minister.) We were beyond excited to hear this news b/c we didn''t expect to get in there so soon but well, all of a sudden, one is opening up.

One catch... we have to be MARRIED before we move in! Yes, you heard me right. B/c it is owned by the church, we have to married to live there together. So wow, this speeds everything up. We have wanted out of our apartment since the lease was up the end of June but didn''t want to move to another place with the possibility of one being available at my aunts... so we waited... and it''s come down to this.

I''m a little frustrated b/c we went back and forth for so long about whether to elope or wait and have the wedding in June. We finally decided and now our plans are thrown a little out of wack. But we sat down and talked and decided to get married in October (so we can move into the apartment by November 1st... we have to stay here until then b/c we already paid rent for September and October is paid up as well) and still have the bigger wedding in June.

So needless to say, we''re not getting this living room set
8.gif
b/c it just will not fit in the apartment there. We might end up picking another one but we''ll see what happens.

But in any case, I am going to be a married woman NEXT MONTH! Yay!

It''s amazing how much plans can change in a matter of hours! haha!

ETA: And also, I guess this was the universes way of choosing for us!

supergirl10

Shiny_Rock
wow how exciting!

Congrats on moving up your date, do you have any plans for the soon to be wedding ie. location etc.

I can''t remember do you already have a dress? Tell us all the details?

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Oh my! That IS quite the change! Congratulations and best of luck on the new, quicker wedding!!!
9.gif

katomm

Shiny_Rock
Wow! Warp planning speed vibes to you!

bubbly1126

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/13/2009 7:11:53 PM
Author: supergirl10
wow how exciting!

Congrats on moving up your date, do you have any plans for the soon to be wedding ie. location etc.

I can't remember do you already have a dress? Tell us all the details?

Thanks!!

Well, my parents would like us to do a small family ceremony at their church but FI wants to just go and get married by the justice of the peace (just me, him and witness) and then everyone can come to the wedding in June. So I'm not sure which way we're going yet.

I don't have a dress yet... I tried looking online for a simple white dress but haven't found any that I truly love. There were a couple I like but I really want to refrain from ordering it online. I would love to be able to see and try it on before I buy b/c we all know, once we get a dress on, we might hate it! So I'm at a stand still right now with that. I figure I'll go and look in all the stores around here one night this week and see if there is anything that I like. I am very picky when it comes to clothing so we'll see. haha.

We got his wedding band some time last week but haven't gotten mine yet... again, I'm picky! But we'll have to get a move on b/c we are very tight on time.

bubbly1126

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/13/2009 7:57:37 PM
Author: vc10um
Oh my! That IS quite the change! Congratulations and best of luck on the new, quicker wedding!!!
9.gif

Date: 9/13/2009 7:59:14 PM
Author: katomm
Wow! Warp planning speed vibes to you!

Thanks ladies! I am super excited!!

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
Wow! Craziness! Well best of luck of the uber immediate planning and congrats on the apartment!

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Yay!!!!!! Good luck on the super quick, upcoming wedding!

bubbly1126

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks ladies! Words can''t describe my excitement right now!!
9.gif

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
It sounds like you just might end up with the best of all worlds...you get to elope and be "married", get the apartment you were hoping for AND once you are all settled in, next spring you throw a huge party for your friends and loved ones! Very exciting.

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
Wow!! That''s awesome inhisarms!!! Congrats on the new apartment as well as the earlier marriage ceremony! See, everything works out by itself somehow
9.gif
!

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/13/2009 6:47:17 PM
Author:inhisarms17
ETA: And also, I guess this was the universes way of choosing for us!

Sure seems like it!
9.gif
10.gif

Enjoy all the wonderful things that will be happening in the VERY near future--- can''t wait to hear about whatever you choose, be it a family ceremony or an elopement.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results