shape
carat
color
clarity

Is this normal?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Is it normal to send out 165 invites and only get 64 RSVPs by the deadline? (Which was yesterday)???
20.gif
38.gif
29.gif

stretch4

Ideal_Rock
Well we got a bit more than that, but there were a decent amount with no response. Some people never EVER responded; others responded "through the grapevine." I was so pissed when time continued to tick by that I honestly wanted to tell the non-responders that they were uninvited
2.gif
3.gif
hehe. Just kidding! Thankfully we were able to reach most people via the phone to get their responses.

saturn

Shiny_Rock
Well, it probably depends on your guests.

Of my family''s guest list, more than 75% have responded. Of FI''s family''s list, only about half have responded. Since there haven''t really been any weddings in his family, I don''t think they realize the importance of responding. I jokingly pointed out last night that my family is kicking his family''s butt in the RSVP department. I am planning on making him call the non-responders in his own family.

I do think that your response rate is unusually low, but it''s not really something to freak out about. You still have plenty of time to get in touch with your guests and find out if they''re attending.

aphisiglovessae

Brilliant_Rock
Frustrating, huh? We had the same problem and I was complaining about that to my parents and husband up until the day of the wedding. I guess some people don't realize how important it is to send that little card in. Either that, or they're just plain rude. We even tried contacting them to get a verbal RSVP, but not much luck. Some were saying they weren't sure if they were going to make it. We ended up estimating about 3/4 of the people who didn't respond to come and we ended up with only about 10 empty seats at the reception. If you did that, I guess your estimation would only be as good as how well you know your guests. It didn't end up too bad for us, but we knew our guests REALLY well.

Good luck!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I can sum it in two words...CLUELESS or RUDE. People will let the date pass, and then if you call them, say, Oh, yeah, I guess we can make it...

appletini

Ideal_Rock
Put the word out, either send emails or have the FMIL or your Mom, or whoever is closest to those who have not responded, call and ask. You need to know.

njc

Brilliant_Rock
I know just how frustrated you are... I think everyone experiences the same problem. Now having been through it, I make sure to RSVP right away so I dont forget!!!

If your RSVP date was yesterday, I would give people till Monday before you start harrassing them. Some could still be in the mail and some may realize this weekend that they need to send it. I know its not ideal, and very rude and frustrating, but what can you do? We made our RSVP date a week earlier just for late responders. We probably got 3/4 of our missing RSVPs after calling them. One couple from DHs list wouldnt return ANY calls from his parents and suddenly showed up... lucky for them, we had a couple no shows! I''m still PISSED at them almost a year later!!!

Also remember the mail can be slow very randomly. Recently I sent my mom a note and it took 4 days... we only live an hour apart!?!?!

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
Ugh, people are soooo rude. I hated that I had to call people to find out if they were coming or not. I mean, we make it so easy on them--all they have to do is write their name and check off a response. I don''t get it and I totally feel your pain.

Give it another week and then start harassing everyone. It sucks but that''s just the way some people are. It''s funny because here I am, almost 6 months after my own wedding, and I''m still steamed over the fact that some of our guests STILL have not sent back their replies!! It''s just one of those pet peeve things but I think it''s incredibly rude.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am going to wait until next week before we start calling I am just surprised. I knew some people would be late but come on! There is a stamp on it. All you have to do is mark if you are coming and stick it in a mailbox. Arggg....I am glad I set the RSVP date a month before!

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
Tacori- I feel for you! This is one of my all-time wedding fears.

I truly hope that some of your guests will "get with the program" and RSVP.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
got 8 more today!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results