shape
carat
color
clarity

Is this Bolero cute or too out there?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
So with about a week to go we are starting to get weather reports, and although things look good so far, the temps this whole week in SF are supposed to be in the mid 60's. I want to have a little something available at the wedding to cover my shoulders with, but I still want you to be able to see my dress. Since this is a very last minute thing, I can't get something made and everything I have seen locally is pretty ugly/cheap looking.

I think this is cute...but do you guys think it's too much?

As a reminder my dress is casablanca 1831 and I am wearing a short birdcage veil too at least for the ceremony. So the whole look is vintagey.

http://www.anthropologie.com/anthro/catalog/productdetail.jsp?_dyncharset=ISO-8859-1&id=74598&parentid=NEW_ACC_COLD_WEATHER&pushId=NEW_ACC_COLD_WEATHER&popId=NEW_ACCESSORIES&sortProperties=&navCount=56&&navAction=jump&search=true

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yay. Glad people are liking it. I liked it too, but then again I am not a traditional wedding-y bride, so I wasn''t sure if my skewed vision would make me regret the choice later!

It''s ordered, overnight shipping. I''ll post pics after my wedding!

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
That is so cute! I love boleros, and anthropologie!

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
It''s a very cute bolero but can you re post your dress? I cant remember it...

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
remind me of your dress again...? If you have a simple and somewhat more casual dress I think this could work, especially if you are doing an outdoor or garden type of wedding. If your wedding is more formal or your gown already has a lot of detailing in it, I''m not sure it would work. You could always purchase it and try it with your gown and return it if it doesn''t really work.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks for your input ladies! Here is my dress before the final alterations (they fixed the ruching so it lies correctly at the hip and did a bit of work to the bust area) and pressing. It's much more cream than it looks in the picture...I don't know why it looks so white in this pic! No beading, no train, no nothing! And yes the wedding is outdoors and very informal, so I think it just might work...

P1010186.jpg

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
I think it''ll look awesome with your dress!

wolftress

Brilliant_Rock
It''s cute. I think it''ll add the perfect finishing touch
1.gif

brazen_irish_hussy

Ideal_Rock
I love it!
I think the lace is perfect with the simplicity of the top of the gown.
Plus, anthropologie is the best. I don''t think I have ever found a piece of their clothing that was itchy or made of a poor quality fabric.
Truely great choice.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Looking at the dress now I think it could work if the colors match well enough and the bolero hits in the right location. There is really very little risk here since you can return it, so I say go for it!

basil

Brilliant_Rock
Yeah, go for it! If you try it on with the dress and you aren''t feeling it, you can always return it!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m late here... but it''s ADORABLE! Plus I love Anthropologie, so you can''t go wrong there
2.gif

Can''t wait to see pics of the two together, if you decide to order it!!!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love it and can''t wait to see pics of the two together!! Perfect dress, BTW! Great choice!

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
Your dress is cream, right? What kind of material is it and what color are you wearing with it? I went to a wedding last weekend and was looking for something to go with my dress. I''ll see if I can attach a picture for you. Anyway, the bolero is from Helen Wang in Soho. You are in NYC, right? I''m posting this because it is gorgeous and 100% silk, cream color with some gold detail. It feels amazing on and was great for the cooler air at night. Now...it is on sale right now and at an amazing price...$91 down from over $300. The address is 69 Mercer Street. I think the website is helenwangny.com. Check it out.

creamsilkbolero.jpg

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/8/2007 2:11:44 PM
Author: shigidigi
Hey Neatfreak- did you get it? I am dying to see a pic of it on!

I did...and am still waiting for it! It''s going to be a long week, so I''ll probably not post pictures until after the wedding, but look for that thread next week!

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
I have totally had my eye on that bolero myself!!! Not to wear with my wedding dress, since it has a back, but to wear with other things, since I don''t like to show my back. So cute! I can''t wait to see how it looks with your dress.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results