shape
carat
color
clarity

If I want dinner to start at 8pm...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
...and I plan for my ceremony to be 30 minutes and the cocktail hour around 60 minutes -- what time should I put as the official start time of the ceremony on the invite?

How much buffer time do I need for late arrivals, slow movers, etc.?

megumic

Brilliant_Rock
Do you want dinner served at 8pm, or the post-cocktail hour reception to start at 8pm? I'd say 6pm sounds about right.

purselover

Ideal_Rock
I would say a 10-15 minute buffer is good we needed about 15 minutes for our ceremony but scheduled it for half an hour just in case, which gave people plenty of time to get settled and then make their way over to the cocktail hour across town. I would say put it at 6 just because 6:15 might be a bit random.

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/11/2010 11:43:12 AM
Author: megumic
Do you want dinner served at 8pm, or the post-cocktail hour reception to start at 8pm? I'd say 6pm sounds about right.
The latter -- people sit down at 8pm. The wedding is in Italy, where dinners typically start a bit later. Thanks!

marlie

Brilliant_Rock
I think the invitation should call for 6. Ceremony 6:30-7. Cockail hour 7-8. Reception/dinner. 8-whenever.

that''s basically what i''m doing except i''m an hour behind you...my wedding is on the late side with the reception starting at 9.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results