shape
carat
color
clarity

I went dress shopping yesterday!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
And I found a dress that I LOVE LOVE LOVE!

I went with one of my best med school friends and we had so much fun. She said she got teary when I put on the first dress... aww. It was so surreal though... I''m really getting married!

So I had an idea of what I wanted, but we figured we would try on one of everything. We did the princess dress on crack as my friend called yet, POUFFY taffeta skirt. Toooooooo funny! I am a super petite 5''1" and we knew it would overtake me, but it was fun! Tried a couple sheath dresses, which were really pretty but the more princessy look definitely won out for me. The consultant thought that I look too young for those dresses as a wedding dress? The ballgown skirts were definitely too much on me. But we really liked the A-lines! Still princess, but not overwhelming and HUGE. So we''re trying on different dresses, and I would put it on and say oh that''s nice.. I like it. But the last one, I put on and we all said WOW. Linds said I was so smiley that it was so obvious that it was by far my favorite.

The consultant and my friend both said it made me look tall (impressive! hehe). The top is really pretty beaded, and then the middle is sort of a wrapped look.

For the other petite girls, I think that having not a full bodice works well for me because it doesn''t cut me off at the hip. And the bottom isn''t ornate, which again I also think tended to cut me off.

So I think that the Lazaro dress that I posted about is definitely out! The skirt is a ballgown and I just think it''s too much for my little body to take.

And without further ado- Jim Hjelm Bridal.... 0158 (I think!). The silk was sooo beautiful, and soft, and not super heavy either which is a plus I think.

And the pic is not great either, but the consultant would not let us take pictures
7.gif
My mom and sis are probably going to go to the shop with me this weekend, so I will try to sneak some pics then.

hjelmbridal0158.jpg

icekid

Ideal_Rock
I cannot find a picture of the back, which is also really pretty!

MelissaSue- our dress goddess
1.gif
help?! Have any knotties ever worn this dress? I tried searching, but didn''t find anything.

njc

Brilliant_Rock
Its gorgeous icekid!!!
30.gif
Love the beading and the twisted ribbon/sash detail! Looks like a nice combo of princess and sheath! Do you know what kind of veil you would do if any?

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Icekid! Oh that must look beautiful on you. Is it "THE ONE" or are you going to keep on looking?

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Icekid, that dress is a wow, I bet it looks great on you!!!!
36.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
I totally love it! I am happy that you guys like it too hehe.

Ally- given that we''ve still got nearly two years until the wedding, I don''t plan on ordering it too soon. I will definitely look around more, so we''ll see what happens. But it just seems like it is perfect for me
9.gif
soo exciting!

njc- not sure about the veil yet. She put something on me that was elbow length and a little sparkly, and it looked cute (and then it looked REALLY wedding-y)

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Ooh, icekid, that dress is gorgous! I bet it looks stunning on you! (though you''re probably right not to order too soon as your wedding is 2 years away) See if you can get some pics of you in the dress on the sly when you go back w/ your mom!
31.gif

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
icekid - That dress is REALLY beautiful. I LOVE IT! You definitely need to try to sneak some pics.
As far as I know, I''ve never seen the dress before! There was one knottie who was thinking of buying a dress with almost the exact same top (except the little criss cross sashy part was a brown color.. it was really pretty), but it had a fuller skirt.. I can try to investigate for you though.

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~Icekid, that dress is very pretty... love the hint of sparkle at the top!!!
30.gif
30.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG loving that dress! I hate when they won't let you take pictures in the dress
29.gif
, I mean, what are you going to do, SEW one yourself from the picture???? Or have a knockoff made? Having a knockoff made would likely cost just as much as buying the thing outright!

As soon as they leave I would snap pictures anyway.
11.gif
I think that policy is ridiculous. Believe it or not, it makes a HUGE difference. Some dresses do not photograph well, or you don't photograph well IN them. My SIL loved a dress in the shop but the pictures...
14.gif
...and another dress that we were ho-hum about...looked so amazing in the pictures. She ended up going with that dress cuz of the pictures, and she looked amazing!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/4/2005 10:27:51 AM
Author: jcrow
so pretty! really cinches your waist i bet!
yeah, definitely! I have a small waist to begin with, so it really emphasizes my good features!

Firegoddess- that is a really good point about wanting the dress to look good in pictures as well! I had not even thought of that, but definitely a revelevant point. Nice wedding pics are really important to me, so I won''t be happy if I end up looking crappy in them in my pricey gown.

bling diva- I love the sparkly beading at the top too! Not a shock for diamond lovers though, right? hehe

MS- thanks for your supersleuth dress skills
9.gif

I am definitely going to try to swing some pictures this weekend. My little sister is coming too, so I figure I''ll tell my mom beforehand that we have to get the helper chick out of the room for a couple minutes and then my sis can snap some pics. If not, I will try to go back and work with a different consultant. When I made the appt, they said on the phone that the pic situation depends on your consultant- they don''t officially allow pics, but some will let you.

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful!

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
The dress is simple and elegnat; very pretty. I can see how it has an elongated effect with the crisscross wrap high on the waist. How exciting. I can''t wait til you sneak some pics.

rms

Brilliant_Rock
what a beautiful dress icekid...the fabric really looks divine!!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it''s very pretty. I love the waist.

sweety_72785

Rough_Rock
Hey I just recently got engaged and I was wondering if there are stories about getting dresses online, should I trust any suggestions?

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
That dress is GORGEOUS! Can''t wait til you can show us pictures of you in the dress!

Tybee

Brilliant_Rock
What a beautiful dress!
I''m so glad that your first dress experience was such a fun one! It''s exciting isn''t it? It is so frustrating when they don''t let you take pictures! The attendants rarely leave your side too, so it''s hard to sneak them, but YOU MUST! Do what you can! There''s nothing better than a picture of a real bride in her dress.
Great choice, by the way.

stretch4

Ideal_Rock
Wow, I totally am loving that dress!!!
30.gif
30.gif

And yeah, it is best to try to get the consultant out of the room for a minute or two so you guys can snap a picture. That is what I had to do, so I sent her out to find a veil. Hehe, it worked, I snapped a pic, but since the dress was too big, I wasn''t pinching it enough to make the dress look even half way decent. Oh well
2.gif

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
oh how pretty! Glad you''re having fun dress shopping! I agree...you must sneak pics so we can see!

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I''ve never seen a detail like that--they way the fabric loops around itself and cinches the waist.....GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hooray!!
36.gif
36.gif

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock
Oooh, I love it!!! Princessy, yes, but still unique in a very beautiful way!!! It doesn''t look like every other wedding dress out there, which I love.

Isn''t dress shopping FUN??!?!?!?

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
So pretty - I can''t wait to see pics on you. It is really classic-looking and yet also unique, and I could see how it would really flatter someone who is smaller and shorter (being 5''2.5" myself, I feel your pain there...)

Its just gorgeous - congrats on finding something you love!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results