shape
carat
color
clarity

i kow its a year away but I HAVE A DRESS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

emilina22

Brilliant_Rock
so there is an amazing dress maker in Chicago that is best friends with one of my aunts, this woman is so talented and has been making wedding dresses for the last 5 years or so, she only does 3 weddings a year and i was lucky enough to get in with her!!! she wants to do my wedding dress and i cant wait! my mom really wanted me to have my dress custom made and we didnt think that she would do my dress because of the fact that she chooses her clients, but anyways because my aunt is best friends with her i was chosen!!

so i met with her yesterday and i showed her my 3 favorite dresses, after i showed her the bottom two (which she said for my body type might look a bit funny) i showed her my dream dress, and the dress that i wanted which is the hannah by christos when she saw it she said exactly what my mom said (thats the one, its perfect for you) and she said that because im a bit of a chubbier bride, she said that the cut is perfect and she want wait to start working on it, we are changing a few things on the dress but thats the inspiration for mine!!! i want wait until she begins work on it which will be in august.

here is a picture of my soon to be wedding dress, what we are changing is the high collar, because i have a short neck, and the buttons on the back will only go to where the dress starts under the lace....but here she is

08137.jpg

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay!! Congratulations on finding your dress! I love it!! I''d say I want one too, but my wedding was last week!
41.gif

I really love the light airy sleeves and beautiful lace back!! Congrats on getting the dressmaker. She sounds like a dream!

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Oh Congratulations!

It''s a beautiful dress, unique, modern and elegant!

v!v!

Shiny_Rock
Congrats on finding the dress. It''s so pretty and delicate! I absolutely love it.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
The only things you need to be careful of that early is a) you don''t see anything you like more and b) your weight does alter!

My dressmaker did a toile fitting in January and another one at the beginning of May. In between I dropped 20 pounds. She has had to hugely alter the pattern, which is fine as she only started making the real thing last week, but would have been a disaster if she''d finished it in January and would have cost a fortune in alterations.

I wasn''t dieting either, I went on a new med and it has super-speeded up my metabolism or something and my weight has just plummeted. I would have sworn my weight was super stable this time last year.

If you don''t have to, I would wait until you are 5 months out or so.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s lovely!

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
OOOOOOH that is very exciting!
36.gif

emilina22

Brilliant_Rock
thats for all the compliments and pandora for your advice!!! im super super exited and since i have seen her lace work before i am even more thrilled to see what my dress will end up looking like!!

eeeekkkk

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
I love that dress...what a great combination of beautiful elements! Congrats!

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Like everyone else, beautiful and that is so awesome that it''s being made for you!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s a LOVELY dress! I can''t wait to see your customized version of it on you!!! How exciting!

dutchflowers

Rough_Rock
Beautiful dress! How exciting to have yours custom made. Can''t wait to see it :)

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
that''s great that you''re having it custom made. that means it will fit you perfectly! I was going to have mine custom made and went to try on dresses to see which style suited me and ended up buying a dress - so no custom made for me. I still have a year and a half to go before my wedding.

I also think it was really professional of the designer to tell you that a certain dress would not look right on you instead of just trying to sell you something. that is really good service.

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
What a gorgeous dress!

You will look BEAUTIFUL in it, I am sure!

Congrats!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results