shape
carat
color
clarity

I found my dress!!!

jaylex

Brilliant_Rock
i went "looking" yesterday with my mom and grandmothers and tried on probably 10 dresses. There were two that I somewhat "liked" and one that I "really liked" that I had set aside to try on again. But then, my little Italian grandmother came in from taking a phone call out side of the dressing room with a beautiful dress slung over her shoulder. It was the cutest thing because It was two times her size! lol. So I tried that one on next and knew it was "the one!". It had everything I liked from all of the other dresses I tried on, plus a sort of "vintage" feel. The thing I wasn't wild about with the other dresses was that they were what you would "expect" a bride to wear. This one is so classic, but different!

Details you can't tell from the picture:
The skirt is actually made out of a material that gives it a "watersilk" look under evening lighting and the embroidery is done in a gold and silver thread that has a champagne color when you aren't looking at it closely.

I simply LOVE this dress! I'm so excited!!

Sooo... pictures!

dressstock1.jpg

jaylex

Brilliant_Rock
it's the Impression 6136 from the spring 2010 collection, btw.
Please ignore the ".com" watermark, that website happened to have the best photos lol.

And the back...

dressstock2.jpg

jaylex

Brilliant_Rock
And me "in" the dress. This was taken with my cell phone (obviously) at the last second after the clips had been removed. It really does look great in person lol.

downsized_0707001418.jpg

slg47

Ideal_Rock
ohh jaylex you look so great in that dress!!! it's going to be simply stunning when you get it in your size and when you're not standing at a weird angle with a cell phone :D

lulu66

Brilliant_Rock
jay, that dress is gorgeous! the details are fantastic & it looks lovely on you!!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! That is so pretty!

jaylex

Brilliant_Rock
Haha! Thanks girls. I can't wait until it comes in!
Hey.. was anyone else charged to ship their dress? I'm not talking to my house... the bridal store is charging me to ship the dress to them! It's only $20 and my mom is buying the dress and paying all of the extra "fees" but to me, to charge the customer to ship the dress is weird.
I sell furniture and I would never dream of charging the customer to ship their dining chairs to my design studio. For $1500 (plus tax and what they WANT me to pay for alterations.. $500) you'd think they would absorb $20.
:roll:

oh well. hopefully these next few months will go by fast! I can't wait to put my dress on again!!

lulu66

Brilliant_Rock
my dress was shipped from the bridal salon to my house (since i moved states between ordering my dress & when it came in) and it was $20. but i can't believe they are charging you to have it shipped TO THE SALON! i was a little upset that mine shipped only in the plastic wrapping & they didn't include a dress bag; i felt like i paid a lot of $ for this freakin' dress & i know they have dress bags & they didn't ship me one. i was kinda bummed. but if i was you, i'd raise a ruckus & not pay the extra for shipping on principle.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful gown!!! Just stunning. It looks WAY prettier on you than on the model.

jaylex

Brilliant_Rock
Aww thanks, Laila!

Lulu, that dress bag probably cost them $2.00. They def. should have sent one with your dress.
As far as i'm concerned, cost to ship their goods to their salon should be the salon's overhead. they aren't giving us any sort of discount off of retail on the dress (which I have found online for $740).
I would have no problem disputing it. When the lady told me I was like "I have to pay to ship the dress to you?" and my mom (who owns the studio I work at) said "well, jaylex. We have to pay shipping on the furniture and accessories we order" and I said "true, but we don't charge the client for that!". The sales lady just kinda tried to avoid talking about it.
The only problem is that the owner of the salon is a past client of my mom's and she may have my mom re-do her entire (very large) house (and possibly the salon) and i don't want to do anything that would "make waves" for my mom. But I may say something anyway. A $20 shipping charge is just stupid.
End Mini Rant :???:

Sorry, I'm from Cleveland. The "lebron james" anger seems to be spilling over.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful! I can just see some gorgeous silver slippers peeking out and a lovely veil with matching embroidery. Wear it in the best of health.

jaylex

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks so much, girls! I'm thinking about getting these shoes:

I guess they have silver thread running through them. The pattern is really great too. This pic doesn't show it all that well.

colorifficspandora.jpg

jaylex

Brilliant_Rock
So I am going in on Wednesday to put the deposit down on the dress and officially place my order.
Because of the scalloped, decorative hem, I wanted to try to have my "wedding" shoes for my measure because I can't for the life of me figure out how they could fix it if the dress was too long.

So i went ahead and ordered the above pictured shoes and they will be delivered by Wednesday. What do you ladies think of them with my dress?
What about coloriffics shoes in general? In your experiences do they tend to be comfortable/uncomfortable? I don't think I own any shoes from this brand lol.

I guess if I hate them, I can always send them back and choose a pair from the bridal salon.

ts44

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous Jaylex! I think it's all perfect. :appl:

Also there seems to be just widespread weirdness with Cleveland bridal salons in general. I don't know what it is with this area but "customer service" seems to be a foreign concept to a lot of them.

Treasure43

Brilliant_Rock
Love the dress and the shoes!!

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
Regarding the shoes, I don't know specifically about that designer, but I would wait to order any shoes and just go in and order with a ballpark heel height on. The lines that we work have a half inch variance, meaning the dress can come in a half inch shorter than what you ordered or a half inch longer. Usually it's on the longer side, and there have been plenty of times when the gown comes in that exact length. I just tell most of my brides to wait to order shoes until the gown comes in, then they can find the exact heel height that works.

ts44

Brilliant_Rock
jaylex said:
So I am going in on Wednesday to put the deposit down on the dress and officially place my order.
Because of the scalloped, decorative hem, I wanted to try to have my "wedding" shoes for my measure because I can't for the life of me figure out how they could fix it if the dress was too long.

So i went ahead and ordered the above pictured shoes and they will be delivered by Wednesday. What do you ladies think of them with my dress?
What about coloriffics shoes in general? In your experiences do they tend to be comfortable/uncomfortable? I don't think I own any shoes from this brand lol.

I guess if I hate them, I can always send them back and choose a pair from the bridal salon.

You will need the shoes if the dress has to be measured hem-to-hollow. It's a measurement from the hollow at your neck between your collarbones to the hem of the dress, which ideally ensures the proper length without alterations. The beading on the dress and ornate hem indicate to me that any kind of conventional length alteration would be next to impossible. Don't worry, if you end up not liking the shoes you don't have to wear them, but you will have to find a new pair that has the same height so as not to throw off your measurement.

If the dress only has two length variations, then the suggestion to fit the shoe height to the dress height is the one to go with.

jaylex

Brilliant_Rock
ts44 said:
You will need the shoes if the dress has to be measured hem-to-hollow. It's a measurement from the hollow at your neck between your collarbones to the hem of the dress, which ideally ensures the proper length without alterations. The beading on the dress and ornate hem indicate to me that any kind of conventional length alteration would be next to impossible. Don't worry, if you end up not liking the shoes you don't have to wear them, but you will have to find a new pair that has the same height so as not to throw off your measurement.

If the dress only has two length variations, then the suggestion to fit the shoe height to the dress height is the one to go with.

Thanks for all the input, ladies!

ts44, it really seems like the cleveland bridal stores think they are doing us a "favor" by letting us come in and prance around dressed up in their beautiful things! :roll: lol.. Hey, I remember reading that you looked at dresses at catans right? Did you end up ordering your dress there?

The dress will have to be measured hem-to-hollow. Now that you said that, I remember the lady saying it. I tried the sample dress on for my dad today (divorced parents... yay! ;-) ) so I asked the owner about alterations and she said that they would take it up at this point (see blue box in photo) but I would hate to mess with that amazing beading. So I will def try to avoid having to alter the length.

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
jaylex said:
ts44 said:

Thanks for all the input, ladies!

ts44, it really seems like the cleveland bridal stores think they are doing us a "favor" by letting us come in and prance around dressed up in their beautiful things! :roll: lol.. Hey, I remember reading that you looked at dresses at catans right? Did you end up ordering your dress there?

The dress will have to be measured hem-to-hollow. Now that you said that, I remember the lady saying it. I tried the sample dress on for my dad today (divorced parents... yay! ;-) ) so I asked the owner about alterations and she said that they would take it up at this point (see blue box in photo) but I would hate to mess with that amazing beading. So I will def try to avoid having to alter the length.

Not trying to be obnoxious, but I hope you saw my post and take waiting on the shoes into consideration. I work at a store and this is standard with every line we carry. :)

jaylex

Brilliant_Rock
oops! Sorry OU... i meant to respond but I'm trying to keep FI from catching a glimpse of the dress so in the crazy game of "open and shut" the laptop, I forgot to respond to your post.

Although I really appreciate your advice, I ordered the shoes yesterday so too late for that lol. But like I said, if I decide they aren't for me, I'll just return them.

You sell wedding dresses?! I think that would be so fun! Do you carry impression? lol. Sorry if I seem spaz-y. I'm just super excited about this dress!! yippee!!

jaylex

Brilliant_Rock
This is the headband I'm considering..
Not a great pic but it has scrolls & flowers that mimic the ones on the dress.

At the salon? $155 (plus tax and...no doubt.. shipping). Online $100 including shipping. Let me just say that IRL, if I saw a headband over $20, I would run the other way. Forget about wearing it for only 1 day? WTH is wrong with us in bridal world? lol

Maybe i'll try to find one on ebay that is less expensive. oooh but this one is so pretty :love: ! And it matches my dress!! I am hopeless ;( .

ba921.jpg

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
Oh wow, jaylex!!! That dress is absolute perfection on you!!! You're gonna blow him away when he sees you walking down the aisle!!!

jaylex

Brilliant_Rock
Awww... thanks, Autumn!
and thanks so much, Luckyeye! I'd pretty much like to take you everywhere I go!

Gosh, I love you ps ladies! lol

jaylex

Brilliant_Rock
jaylex said:
I tried the sample dress on for my dad today (divorced parents... yay! ;-) ) so I asked the owner about alterations and she said that they would take it up at this point (see blue box in photo) but I would hate to mess with that amazing beading. So I will def try to avoid having to alter the length.
OOps... forgot the pic.

ETA: sorry about the huge pic, everyone!

DRESS!alteration.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results